Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,916 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Waynesville, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy and fairly short, took maybe 10 minutes once I sat down with the assistant manager. Typical questions, nothing unusual. They started with a phone interview and then had me come in for an in person interview. There was going to be more than one, but I did not make it past the first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with a coworker that you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Computing and Tablet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online for an appliances position (at first), called the back-office directly for an interview by the HR manager, and got an interview a couple days later. During the interview, I expressed interest in the computers department and the appliance manager recommended me to the computing supervisor and scheduled me for an interview with him (a few days later). Simple questions, and moved on to the general manager who also asked simple questions. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel theft should be treated in the workplace?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2017.

Interview

Two interviews total. First is with a Sales Manager and a supervisor. General questions and going over your resume. If you perform well enough you will get another interview with the General Manager of the store. Similar questions but a larger focus on representing culture and values associated with the company while being an asset.

Interview Questions

• How would you reward an employee that went above and beyond their expected duties?   1 Answer
    • Name an experience of bad customer service and the impression it left on you.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you discovered a coworker was stealing?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete one of those 30 to 45 minute personality assessments. After that, if you are selected, you get interviewed by a manager. I was interviewed by the assistant store manager. The person asked basic STAR questions. If you do well, they will have you come in one final time to interview with the GM. He will also ask STAR questions and then they might get back to you, or offer you the job right there. I was offered the job right after the interview.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

There going to ask you how often are you up to date with tech and what resource do you use to stay up to date. Also what if Scenario questions of course. Also there going to ask how would you attached there warranty to a product, so give a scenario why would it be worth it to get the additional warranty.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call from Best Buy about 3 days after. I got the call around 9:30 am. They asked me if I was still interested for the position and I set up an interview the following day at 1pm. I came in business attire, clean cut, shaved, dress pants, a nice dress shirt and a tie. The overall interview was pretty easy, the most important thing is be confident, affirmative, to sell yourself, don't be shy you have nothing to lose. Simple questions nothing crazy, it was a pretty short interview about 10 minutes. The interviewer then told me I would either get a call back the later that same day if they decided to proceed with my application or I would get an email saying they decided to go with another candidate. I was called back about 5 hours later, longest 5 hours of my life, I really wanted the job, they called to set up another interview with the general manager. The second interview was a bit longer than the first about 20-25 minutes. The second interview was also very easy, basic questions. For example: "If you were to get the job, what would be the most difficult thing working there?" when I was asked this question it took me a few seconds to think, and I told GM "To be honest I really don't see anything that would be too difficult, I'm sure there are things that are frustrating at times and tedious but nothing I couldn't handle" After the interviewer I was told on the spot I got the job and they would send me 2 emails one for the job offer and the other for a background check. As I was walking out I saw the sales manager who interviewed me the 1st time, I approached him and greeted him, he also asked me how the interview went with the GM. I told him it went great and I got the job, and he told me "I know you got the job" I was surprised by his answer, so later on that day I asked my close friend that had been working at the same best buy for about 6 months, and he told me that the sales manager is the one who practically selects the candidates for the job, and the GM just makes sure the candidate isnt a bum and what not. So i believe the 1st interview is most important in securing your job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you set a goal and came short of it? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I was stood up for my interview in Columbia, MO by the management. I had already passed the phone interview and was in the store to have the face to face interview. Unfortunately, after asking two separate employees where to go, they both disappeared in the back and never returned.

Interview Questions

• I never got asked a question because my interviewer never showed up!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Question and answer process, spoke with general manager. Was asked about how I am interedsted, etc. After Interview was conducted, contacted for a drug test. Pretty average interview process, nothing too special.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with customers, some product knowledge, what you know about the company so far.   1 Answer

Best Buy Sales Consultant – Lifestyles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager and she wanted to set up an interview in 3 days. I did well on the first interview with the Lifestyles manager which was question about previous experiences, and earned a 2nd interview the next day which the Lifestyles managers liked me so much and felt confident in my abilities that he did not perform a second interview and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not follow through with a promise you made in the work place.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online it also had a small skill check and behavioral test, got a call a couple weeks later, had a short phone interview and scheduled for an onsite interview at the retail store. Had first onsite interviwe with Sales Manager. He was very friendly and helped me feel relaxed and be myself. He scheduled the final interview with General Manager on a different day. The final interview was pretty short and pretty much the same questions as the first one. GM gave me an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you witness employee stealing a $1 candy bar?   1 Answer