Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017
1,764 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,764 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed the personality test. Got a call from Best Buy the next morning for an interview. It was a "what does can you come in for an interview" type so it gave me freedom to choose.

Arrive 10 minutes early, and was told to sit by the TVs while they call my interviewer. Taken to the back and was asked about 6-8 questions. Two interviews, one with a supervisor and one with the GM. Both happen to be on the same day. It was really relaxed with no unnecessary pressure while being interviewed. Both the GM and supervisor were really cool.

If you're a tech person or know a lot of stuff on a specific department, it'll be really easy and relaxed in the interview since it shows them that you have value to them as a hire.

Also after the GM finished the interview and ask if I had any questions for them, I asked when I would hear back about the interview process and they said today. They hired me on the spot, but still sent an email with all the paperwork to sign electronically and three locations you can do your drug test.

Interview Questions

• First interview: Mostly
      "Describe a time when ...." or "How did you approach...." type interview questions.

Second interview with GM:
      What do you do when you catch a sales associate stealing? (They asked me if I knew anyone working there and said friend instead of sales associate)
      Like and dislike about previous job.
      Responsibilities of previous job.

*Optional question you can answer*
      How much did you get paid on the your previous job?
      Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Took about a week after applying to get a call. Came in for an interview. Interviewed twice that same day. Drug test and background check within 48 hours after. The application process was easy

Sales Consultant - Gaming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Union, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

This was for a seasonal position. Came in for an interview at store open on a Sunday; was sat down immediately and handed a paper asking about availability. Once it was completed, I was welcomed into the General Manager's open-door office and asked a few standard questions with some conversation laced in. After discussing theft scenarios and previous employment, I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• You're short on cash, and we catch you stealing a water and a candy bar. I bring you into my office, what's about to happen to you?   Answer Question
    • What do you think it will be like working at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work experience; why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oxnard, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to a Best Buy "job fair". It was really a sort of mass interview, with applicants going two at a time. I was called back to an interview with the Store Manager the same day, and I was given an offer on the spot. Though the hiring process only took one day, it took another few days to wait for the drug screen and background check.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone with phone interview then scheduled for interview with a manager, interview went very well have a third interview with the general manager in two days to determine if I get hired or not. Let your personality show they love it.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions about customers experience and teamwork and availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting for my third interview which basically means you got the job don't ask for less than 10 an hour.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springdale, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday and got called back the same day a few hours later. Passed my phone screen and got an interview on Sunday. Fairly easy interview, got a call back for a GM interview.

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was more so talking about the company, the interviewing manager and how long they've been with the company. They get to know a little about you though and your past experience. You get interviewed twice and then when they select you they send you an email to take the drug test and consent to a background check. You have three days to complete both. They call you in a few days afterwards for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught someone stealing merchandise?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lufkin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy since I already knew the manager he didn't ask too many questions just asked why I wanted to work here etc I was hired fault quickly after wards

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Topeka, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

They start with a phone interview and then they schedule an initial interview in the store. However, expect to wait a little when you get there as they are likely interviewing a lot when they hire. The first interview was with someone who knows how to interview, but not necessarily the hiring or general manager of the store. The second is with the manager. Both interviews have the same general questions, one or two might be changed however.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience in which you had to try a new solution to a common problem?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you discovered another employee stealing?   Answer Question
    • How would you react to a customer stealing store merchandise?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to work as a team in order to reach a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at their website. It took about 20 minutes. About a week later I got a call to schedule an interview. It went well and they hired me on the spot, although for a different position then the one I applied for

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you knew a co-worker was stealing   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation