Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Best Buy

4,657 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockaway, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a three step interview process, the first was over the phone. The second interview is in store with the assistant manager that is in charge of the department you are interviewing for. The last interview is with the general manager where he either gives you an immediate job offer or holds off. The job offer however is conditional on whether you pass a drug screening. However once the screening is done and you pass you can begin working almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to learn other departments quickly as computer usually gets mixed in with selling tablet, routers and digital images.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online got called in for interview with in 2 weeks and was hired on the spot and was told to come in to work the following week. After being hired you have to do some online classes about brands or how to deal with customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that is mad? Do you know alot about technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was given a call later that they were interested in having me in for an interview. I was told there were to be two sets of interviews, one for screening with a supervisor and another with the general manager. I got a call after the first interview in a day or so and then had the interview a few days later. The questions weren't really related to computers, which was good for me as I didn't know much about it. It was more related to personality I suppose.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received a call the next day setting up the first interview with the assistant manager the following week. Interview consisted of brief work/education history and about 8 scenario questions. After about 5 days after the initial interview, I was called for the final interview with the general manager which was very similar to the first interview with the same amount of questions and more emphasis on why I would want to work at the company. At the end, the general manager made the job offer and hourly wage was negotiated shortly after. One week later, the official job offer was emailed to me and I officially accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Moline, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Went well, had three interviews with three different people. Took a good 3-4 weeks though due to new management. But worked out well. Got the job offer and worked there for almost two years. Great college job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Basic questions, why do you want to work here, what experience do you have, what is your plan long term or short term, and my favorite sell me this pen. The last question is the only difficult one as you must think on your feet if you're not prepared for this or never answered this before. As long as you show you want to work there and CAN work there then this should be an easy win. I would like to add that ive been in at least ten+ interviews in my life if, and it depending on who is doing the interview can change a lot! If you fail the first time, do not be afraid to try again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Warwick, RI) in September 2012.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. The process began with some fairly average questions for a retail position. Examples of quick thinking scenarios. Examples where you worked as a team, etc. They called back within the week to have a second interview. Was offered the position during the second interview

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you made a mistake, and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews. First one a phone interview, second two in store with a supervisor first, then Store manager (or General Manager). Asked basic common customer service scenarios and questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt w/ a difficult customer, how would you solve a customer's problem, would you fire someone for stealing, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, needed a job at the time so I took the basic retail pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brentwood, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

-Basic HR phone call a week after I applied which involved questions involving my previous experience, a simple "is this guy sane" HR screen.
    -One week later, I received a call for a 2nd interview
    -After the 2nd interview, I received a offer 3 days later, for more than what I was asking for or thinking about.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work for best buy   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very straight forward process, they ask you questions about your character, more than your previous experience. They called me for an interview, then I got a second interview that was basically just a meeting to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee who was stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my situation there was no negotiation, they offered me a great starting rate.