Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
3,709 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 part interview. First interview is on the phone with the hiring manager from the store. The 2nd is the department manager for the role you applied for. The 3rd is with the GM.

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Three part interview. With hr , assistant manager and store manager. Pretty quick. They already knew who they wanted. Went through the typical work history questions and the personal "get-to-know-you" questions. Fairly laid back.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with rotating departments?
      Can you balance product knowledge between departments?
      Describe a time where you had to multi task to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

This was an extremely quick and easy process. Presentation is key along with common sense. Always ask questions regarding the position you applied for as they will enjoy seeing a prospective employee have actual interest in the company!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you dealt with a difficult situation and overcame it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I had three interviews. One on the phone, one with the dept manager, and one with the store manager. They basically wanted to know if I had experienced because it was holiday season.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Took about two weeks. GM at the time gave me an option of working in mobile, home theater or computers. I chose mobile because they start of getting paid the highest base salary among entry level and highest bonus.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Online assessment. Quick email response. Brief 15 minute interview. Followed by two interviews one with your direct supervisor and the store gym. Total of about 3 weeks! The orientation process that followed was very educational and straight to the point.

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in May 2017.

Interview

I received a call from someone who asked a couple of questions about interest level and then set up an in-person interview with a department manager. The first location, I showed up for my interview to learn that the interviewer was not there. I was suppose to hear back regarding a new day and time and never heard back. The second location, I showed up to my interview and waited for 25 minutes past the interview time for my interviewer. I later learned that the interviewer wasn't available and another manager (who had to be back on the sales floor) would be conducting the interview. The interviewer was very rushed. He would read a question and then turn the page before listening to my answer or writing anything down. It took 5 minutes! After, he told me he was recommending me for the next step and that I would receive a call from the hiring manager. I didnt hear back.

I work in my career field full time and was looking for a part time position to make some extra cash to pay off student loans more quickly. The handling of this interview was just unprofessional. I wouldn't want to work for the conpany after this.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

interview process is an online submission or a job fair (if they have it). You meet with usually two management people. first one, then a second. then they will call you.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Wilmington, DE) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online April 20th, 2017. I got a phone call April 28th to come in and speak to the dept. manager then a phone call later to change and come in during a job fair with the gn because the dept. manager was busy this week. He was very personalable yet professional and asked about my job history and why I wanted to work at Best Buy and actually asked why I didn't apply for sales. I said I didn't know how to dismantle a computer or what an OLED TV was. He replied, " We can teach people specs, but we can't teach personality and said I'm gonna have you apply for sales. So I went with him to speak to the hiring manager and he had her give me the info to apply and I did. I then got a call back for an interview with the dept manager for merchandising. I asked about the sales position and she told me I really need someone in merch. right now so I'm gonna have you come in and meet with them. I said ok no problem and had my second in person interview with an assistant on May 10th and got an offer the next day. I got my forms via email for a background check and drug screening. I filled those out today and will start next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to put someone else's interest ahead of your own.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to do a job while paying attention to detail, and how do you know you did a good job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a thre step process (maybe 4) I got called by the recruiter and did an over the phone screening (like a mini interview) she asks 3 questions just the typical ones then I got scheduled for the first interview with the department manager next a few days later got called for a 2nd interview which was with the store manager ( I had originally applied for the mobile position but the store manager said I'd be a better asset in the home theater) the 3rd interview was with the General Manager and at the 3rd interview you pretty much have the job as long as you don't do something stupid this whole interview process took about a week and a half maybe less

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question