Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,830 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,830 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Roseville, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

lame they didnt wanna be there they wanted to go to lunch since a pizza company dropped off free food, some ate during interview which i found to be very very cvery rude

Connected Devices Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied for a merchandiser position online and a week later I got a call which was a phone interview then I met with the warehouse manager he asked me some questions from a packet and then asked if I had any questions about 2 hours later I get a
    call asking if I was interested in another open position of connected sales device consultant and I say yes and they schedule an interview with the head of the department I get asked questions from a packet then they ask me if I have any questions then 2 days later I get a call to set up an interview with the general manager which was the last step the interview went great until I mentioned my autism he asked a few questions about it then asked me if I would be okay working in a busy store with my disability I tell him it would be no problem but he seems a little discouraged by it He tells me I will get a call by Monday with an offer or non offer I never got a call and was notified by email about 6 days later that they were no longer considering me for the position I can't prove it but I think he discriminated me because of my autism

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

interview has standard questions and not alot of personal interaction as far as your character goes. there is apparently an expectation to bring in a chart of what you will do for the position in your first 180 days. there was no expectation given for this, just an expectation during the interview. I was told "you interviewed perfectly. there isnt anything you could have done better than you did, but since you are friends with your peers, i cannot give you a job where you would be in charge of them. I cant take you serious when you are friends with them" This made no sense to me since the team was always looking for ways to make "team building activities" and my prior store struggled to get us to do things together outside of work.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if an associate was stealing candy bars?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phones interview process was painful and extremely specific to weed out many external candidates. Be prepared for in-depth, metric-based questions designed to give the unprepared lower standardized scores. In-person interview goes a little further in-depth around specific management experience and achievements. This was more of what would expect for a salaried management interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to have a difficult conversation as the Sales Floor Leader.   1 Answer

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 6 days later at 10 in the morning (I have school). HR scheduled an interview 2 days later. Went to the store, asked for the person I called, waited 20 minutes. Had the interview, talked to the sales team. Received an email a few days later saying I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal that you failed to reach, and what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

As any time a fulfill the form online & answer a test online, I received a email for phone interview, passing that interview, I write a email to the person in charge and I have a personal interview with store manager.

After few weeks of dealing with the person in charge I write a email and I received a answer the position is going to be not fill by the corporation.

Interview Questions

• 1.- Why I'm applying for that position?
      2.- How deal with problems on store?
      3.- Top 3 the best and worst departments I like to work?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ewing, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I aced a phone screening interview and was told to come and meet with a department manager a few days later. I kept the appointment in spite of a bad snowstorm and thought the interview went incredibly well. But this ended up being the point that my application went into limbo. The guy implied that I “should be hearing back soon” about whether I would be selected for a third and final interview with a person who actually has hiring authority, but I never heard back though I was not rejected either. I left a voicemail and sent an e-mail following up neither of which was ever returned and eventually checked the website and learned that the position was cancelled. My experience certainly did not mirror those who were hired on the spot or at least within days. I felt I would have been perfect for the position, but I guess we’ll never know. I have no hard feelings as these things happen (and have happened to me on more than one occasion with different companies) and will consider applying again for different positions if they open up but may hold off until the busier seasons when they have more of a need for more people. This was several weeks after the holidays and maybe they just decided to have people they already employ do more as opposed to hiring and training additional people though I would not have required much training given I have prior sales-customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Just basic stuff like tell me about your work history, likes and dislikes about previous jobs, when did you have to deal with irate customers? Nothing was really specific to the job I would have been doing but I did volunteer previous experience and knowledge of what I would have been selling during the open Q and A forum that took place at the end of the scripted questions before I asked him a couple of questions of my own.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then got a call about 3 weeks later. Talked on the phone then got an interview scheduled for the week after. Went to to the interview, dressed very business like, very fast and very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

got a phone call, was asked to come in interviewed with one manager passed his interview was asked to come back for my last interview with the GM and got hired

Interview Questions

• if you don't know something how to find out   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't really have experience so there wasn't a negotiation phase