Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,623 Interview Reviews

2.4

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Goleta, CA).

Interview

There are two interviews, the second one is the one with the general store manager and you get hired on the spot. You take a drug test, and get a background check. The process took longer than it should have.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Long generic interview questions for a simple job. Company is not very time management with scheduling follow up interviews or revealing decision of employment after interviews are complete. Overall easy questions , but based on how lengthy and unprofessional this company is seeming I will not be accepting any offers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to introduce change to your employees   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Valparaiso, IN).

Interview

Basic interview with your typical questions. I felt they age discrimated me. It was obvious. I felt because I was a woman the young man interviewing me didn't think I could do some of the requirements. Which was lift 40lbs at times. I have worked in a stockroom environment and lifted move etc many things 40 pounds etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked "Name a time you went out of your way for a customer".   1 Answer

Appliances Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Thornton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process took 9 days. Sun-1st interview Mon-2nd interview Tues-Drug Test Weds-Sun (waited) First day start work -Monday. The interview was a little tough but manageable. I did my research online to help prepare for interview.

Interview Questions

• So, why do you want to work for Best Buy? Why this company of all other companies? And what makes you feel you will be a great asset to this company?   1 Answer
    • Name a time in your previous employment history where working as a team was beneficial and name a time where it was challenging. How was working as a team beneficial, and how was it challenging? What solutions did you execute that made this challenging time successful.   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

interview has standard questions and not alot of personal interaction as far as your character goes. there is apparently an expectation to bring in a chart of what you will do for the position in your first 180 days. there was no expectation given for this, just an expectation during the interview. I was told "you interviewed perfectly. there isnt anything you could have done better than you did, but since you are friends with your peers, i cannot give you a job where you would be in charge of them. I cant take you serious when you are friends with them" This made no sense to me since the team was always looking for ways to make "team building activities" and my prior store struggled to get us to do things together outside of work.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if an associate was stealing candy bars?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mohegan, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lake Mohegan, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a text message within an hour which was awesome! Contacted the store and was asked to come the very next day for an interview. The person I spoke with was super sweet and made me feel very comfortable and welcomed.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phones interview process was painful and extremely specific to weed out many external candidates. Be prepared for in-depth, metric-based questions designed to give the unprepared lower standardized scores. In-person interview goes a little further in-depth around specific management experience and achievements. This was more of what would expect for a salaried management interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to have a difficult conversation as the Sales Floor Leader.   1 Answer

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 6 days later at 10 in the morning (I have school). HR scheduled an interview 2 days later. Went to the store, asked for the person I called, waited 20 minutes. Had the interview, talked to the sales team. Received an email a few days later saying I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal that you failed to reach, and what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

As any time a fulfill the form online & answer a test online, I received a email for phone interview, passing that interview, I write a email to the person in charge and I have a personal interview with store manager.

After few weeks of dealing with the person in charge I write a email and I received a answer the position is going to be not fill by the corporation.

Interview Questions

• 1.- Why I'm applying for that position?
      2.- How deal with problems on store?
      3.- Top 3 the best and worst departments I like to work?
      1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ewing, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I aced a phone screening interview and was told to come and meet with a department manager a few days later. I kept the appointment in spite of a bad snowstorm and thought the interview went incredibly well. But this ended up being the point that my application went into limbo. The guy implied that I “should be hearing back soon” about whether I would be selected for a third and final interview with a person who actually has hiring authority, but I never heard back though I was not rejected either. I left a voicemail and sent an e-mail following up neither of which was ever returned and eventually checked the website and learned that the position was cancelled. My experience certainly did not mirror those who were hired on the spot or at least within days. I felt I would have been perfect for the position, but I guess we’ll never know. I have no hard feelings as these things happen (and have happened to me on more than one occasion with different companies) and will consider applying again for different positions if they open up but may hold off until the busier seasons when they have more of a need for more people. This was several weeks after the holidays and maybe they just decided to have people they already employ do more as opposed to hiring and training additional people though I would not have required much training given I have prior sales-customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Just basic stuff like tell me about your work history, likes and dislikes about previous jobs, when did you have to deal with irate customers? Nothing was really specific to the job I would have been doing but I did volunteer previous experience and knowledge of what I would have been selling during the open Q and A forum that took place at the end of the scripted questions before I asked him a couple of questions of my own.   1 Answer