Best Buy Inventory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked me about my hobbies and some of my interest, the times i would be available to work, how i would approach a situation ie. If you saw someone stealing what would you do.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone attempting to steal what would you do   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

There are three interviews overall. The first interview is with the manager of whichever department you're assigned to, the second is with the supervisor of that dept. The last interview is with the GM. The questions are mainly focused on your commitment toward improving the company's sales numbers and your responsibility to do so.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to work for Best Buy? What were some positive experiences you've had from your life as a customer, and how will you bring that positive experience here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hadley, MA).

Interview

Met with supervisor and then met with the manager who walked you around the store and showed you the complete process along with introducing you to the co-workers (pretty awesome).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was caught stealing?
      Name a time you had difficulties working with someone, how did you resolve the issue?
      Why do you want to work at Best Buy?
      Name a time you dealt with an angry customer
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diberville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Diberville, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the following day. A face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview was an easy one-on-one sit down with the warehouse manager, he was very straight forward and easy to talk to. The interviewer literally asked me questions verbatim from a stack of papers with Best Buy letterhead. This was clearly an interview process that has been pushed down from corporate. Each question was a "Tell me about a time when..." type of question. I was not caught off guard by a single question because of this website. Read the other reviews and prepare for the questions that other people have listed.

During the interview, we determined that my availability and the needs of Best Buy were not compatible so I was not hired. However, I appreciate Best Buy being upfront and not trying to force a round peg into a square hole with the scheduling. I thought it was a great interviewing experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online about two weeks ago. I received a call stating when an interview date was set. I arrived for the interview about 30 minutes early. I was directed to the customer service area to wait. I then had the interview one on one. The interviewer read some questions from several sheets of paper. I was fairly prepared but still got caught off guard with some of them. It didn't last too long, more like 15 minutes or so. It helps to prepare yourself. I'm currently waiting to hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Smyrna, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took like a week and a half. I received the phone interview and the HR rep scheduled my interview for two days later. I went to the interview in Saturday, August 8, 2015. I met with the sales manager and had my interview. He then told me to come back a couple hours later to meet with the General Manager. I met with the general manager and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were a general manager and an employee admitted that he stole a piece of candy for $1.00?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Niles, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Niles, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Two part interview, first with the supervisor of the department you applied for and if you pass you have one with the GM. For my position, which is Inventory, which means you work in the warehouse, it was very simple. No hard interview questions. Just basic ones about job history and what would you do in (X) situation. Bring a resume with you and you'll be fine. One weird thing was that I applied for two different positions there and had two first interviews with two different supervisors and both of them asked me questions that were relevant to the job I applied for but then read questions from a paper that they both said was mostly irrelevant but they had to ask me anyway. The interviews were very relaxed, I was made to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a warehouse job before?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

three step interview process. pretty easy, just smile and be customer service focused in all answers. Also dress appropriate, business casual is more than enough, no need for a suit

Interview Questions

• where do you see the company going next?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

One phone interview for basics like availability. This is followed by a second interview with the department manager. If you pass this you get pushed to the third with the GM. Finally you need to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay negotiable. Ask for more than you think you should make.

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Allen Park, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call a week later, had a mini interview on the phone they asked questions like why do you want to work at best buy and availability. Then got scheduled me for in person. Easy questions tell me about yourself scenario questions. Then got called 2 weeks later for 3rd interview this was more random Some of the same questions to start then an odd one about favorite store (don't say best buy). All in all easy interview just be engaging and out going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yeah a little they ask you what you want to make you tell them they say yes or no