Best Buy Inventory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diberville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Diberville, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the following day. A face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview was an easy one-on-one sit down with the warehouse manager, he was very straight forward and easy to talk to. The interviewer literally asked me questions verbatim from a stack of papers with Best Buy letterhead. This was clearly an interview process that has been pushed down from corporate. Each question was a "Tell me about a time when..." type of question. I was not caught off guard by a single question because of this website. Read the other reviews and prepare for the questions that other people have listed.

During the interview, we determined that my availability and the needs of Best Buy were not compatible so I was not hired. However, I appreciate Best Buy being upfront and not trying to force a round peg into a square hole with the scheduling. I thought it was a great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online about two weeks ago. I received a call stating when an interview date was set. I arrived for the interview about 30 minutes early. I was directed to the customer service area to wait. I then had the interview one on one. The interviewer read some questions from several sheets of paper. I was fairly prepared but still got caught off guard with some of them. It didn't last too long, more like 15 minutes or so. It helps to prepare yourself. I'm currently waiting to hear back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Allen Park, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call a week later, had a mini interview on the phone they asked questions like why do you want to work at best buy and availability. Then got scheduled me for in person. Easy questions tell me about yourself scenario questions. Then got called 2 weeks later for 3rd interview this was more random Some of the same questions to start then an odd one about favorite store (don't say best buy). All in all easy interview just be engaging and out going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yeah a little they ask you what you want to make you tell them they say yes or no

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

One phone interview for basics like availability. This is followed by a second interview with the department manager. If you pass this you get pushed to the third with the GM. Finally you need to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay negotiable. Ask for more than you think you should make.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very quick. simple questions but seemed like they already knew who they were going to hire. I applied for an inventory job but it seemed like it was a managing inventory position. I have read that they drug test the applicants they are going to hire. Once they did not ask, I knew I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Allen, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online and was contacted within a week. I then had an interview with the Sales Manager and another interview with the GM. The first interview included scenario based questions and basic background. The second was a little more in depth about my background and a few more scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The GM offered me a job and I had asked for $8.50/hr but the GM, seeing that I had prior sales experience, offered me $9/hr with the opportunity for advancement. I am now making $11/hr having worked here for only a year and a half.

Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Timonium, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied one week and the following week I received a call from HR dept asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. i had interview with Inventory supervisor it went well, he then asked I could come back to interview with the store manager. The store manager was super friendly and helpful. I haven't started yet but will post my overall experience in a few months.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee caught stealing?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview with supervisor and second interview with store manager and department manager. Basic questions were asked. Dress professionally. They were very nice and talkative through out the interview. Best buy is an entry level job opportunity and they understood that. Interview was to the point. I was told after 2nd interview that i got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see someone stealing.   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

three step interview process. pretty easy, just smile and be customer service focused in all answers. Also dress appropriate, business casual is more than enough, no need for a suit

Interview Questions

• where do you see the company going next?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Independence, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

The managers were very helpful and understanding. Every question went very smoothly when they was asking and also you don't have to be serious during the whole interview, smile a little bit to brighten the mood.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired what assets would you bring to the inventory team?   Answer Question