Best Buy Inventory Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Inventory Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I applied then called them, then they pulled my app,.. Then they told me that they will call me back if I meet the qualifications .. They called me back within 1hr but of course I probably caught at a good time because I never got call back that early.. But when I got the call they ask me to come in for an interview..

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Goleta, CA).

Interview

There are two interviews, the second one is the one with the general store manager and you get hired on the spot. You take a drug test, and get a background check. The process took longer than it should have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Carson City, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I saw the ad through www.indeed.com and saw a job opportunity as an Inventory Specialist. I ended up going to Best Buy's website through the "Career" link and that's where I applied online. Three days later, I get a phone call interview which included a background screening, my availability days, how many hours am I willing to work, and how much do I approximately want to get paid every hour. She also informed me that they're willing to give me an interview the following day and gave me options to pick the time of day.

My interview was set at 2pm but I came in 15 minutes early which the interviewer really appreciated. And because of that, she was able to interview me 5 minutes before 2pm. This was my first interview ever and it was surprisingly fairly short in my opinion. The interview only took about 10 minutes. It was a one-on-one interview. After she went through all the questions, she informed me that she had already interviewed a bunch of people prior to myself and it would take roughly 48 hours to review through all of them.

After those 48 hours, if they were still interested in me, I would receive a phone call to have another interview with the GM. However, if they weren't interested, I would get a courtesy email that I didn't get the job and would rather choose a different candidate. I was hopeful and waited those 2 days. I was also attentive at checking my emails. Needless to say, it's been about a week and I still haven't gotten any type of response from the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever put someone else's needs before yours?
      How would you react if you had to work with someone you didn't get along with?
      Where do you see yourself in a year?
      Why Best Buy?

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, both with managers and they lasted about 20 minutes each. They asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Best Buy, am I currently working, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle seeing another employee take candy from the store (i.e. a low-value item)

I answered by saying that I would speak to them about it but not report it to the manager (the punishment should fit the crime)

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on Oct 8th and got a called a few days later, the lady ask simple questions about my availability and scheduled my appointment that Wednesday. The guy I met with was really friendly and seemed interested in having me work there. He read questions off of a packet. He told me he would call me a few days, but he didn't and my applications was put on hold a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Riverside, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the next day and was asked availability. After the call I scheduled an interview with the HR person. The interview with him went well he basically asked me questions about my experience and how I would act in certain situations. After the interview he said the Manager wanted an interview. The manager was very laid back and easy to talk to. Once we finished he offered me the job. All in all was actually a quick process and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw your coworker stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mason, OH).

Interview

Called on Saturday to do interview Sunday. The manager I was supposed to interview with wasn't there. So I interviewed with the assistant manager which was unlucky for me because he seemed to be in a hurry and the interview lasted only a couple minutes so I pretty much knew i wasn't getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your employment history   1 Answer
    • If you were a manager what would happen to an employee caught stealing   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Holyoke, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was very straightforward.

There are three portions; the Phone Interview, The First On-Site Interview, and the GM Interview.

The Phone Interview:
    If they like your application, they give you a call on the phone number you put in the application. That call is basically a mock interview, asking you why you wanted to work for Best Buy and simple things such as your schedule and making sure everything matches up with your application (BTW: they tell you that you MUST work the week of Black Friday AND the week of Christmas, so be ready for that). If they like what they hear, then they will schedule an in store interview to speak with a hiring manager.

The First On-Site Interview:
    This interview is just like any other interview you would attend to at a retail location. You sit down, answer any questions the hiring manager asks you, and be on your way hoping you get called back for the last interview. For this interview, I suggest being AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE when answering questions and not give general answers (IE. Tell me a time you helped a frustrated customer? Answer: I helped the customer calm down by helping her find an item.) Give a personal experience to really impress the hiring manager! If the hiring manager likes your responses and your confidence, they will call you once again to schedule an interview with the General Manager (GM).

The GM Interview:
    This one is by far the easiest one, although it can be the most intimidating one because it is with the head honcho. Usually if you have made it this far the job is yours, but of course every case is different. It is similar to the first interview, only that you are asked a couple of questions instead of seven or eight. When I did my GM interview I was hired on the spot! I am not sure if this is always the case, but if they do not take you there they will call you back and/or send an email with an offer for the position. It is all smooth sailing from there!

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a Manager that you are working for?

What is your stance on theft in the workplace by an employee, associate, etc.?

(A lot of questions will have you recall moments in your life in which you did something or something happened to you and asking what the end result was, so get ready for that.)

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Greensboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

apply online came in for a job fair and went through 2 interviews and they said they would contact me.First i sat with an employee in the back as they looked for availability and pre questions then met with gm

Interview Questions

• name one thing you failed to do and how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Montclair, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied and was called to go to for an interview the next week. It was a one and one interview with the manager of the position. He basically read the questions on a packet and just wrote down notes as I was answering them. Didn't feel like a personal interview, more like an oral test honestly. He just kept asking question after question with no feedback on my answers until he reached the end of the packet. Then he just asked me if there was anything I would like to tell him that I would like him to know and haven't said yet. Then in the end he said he would call me for a second interview with another manager and if she liked me I basically got the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time when you worked with a team. What did you like about it and what didn't you like about it?
      2. Tell me a time when a team-member was not cooperating with you as much as you would have liked. What did you do to solve this matter?
      3. Tell me a time when you paid attention to a small detail that ended up improving your work drastically.

Got another job offer