Best Buy Inventory Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.1

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed within the week to set up a phone interview. I was called the next day and the hiring manager asked a few questions and described the position and times I would work if hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you like the best/least about working in a group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Signal Hill, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Signal Hill, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair and spoke with a recruiter that mentioned they were doing an open interview the next day. Got to the store, they took a group at a time to the back to interview, asked each person to briefly introduce yourselves and your hobbies, why best buy, and then onto the waiting for the second interview. Second interview was one on one, three questions, and then waiting for the third interview. Third interview was by GM, why best buy, some more questions, and hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a team and what did you like and dislike about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

After I was rejected for this interview, they called me back almost a month later. I felt as if this was a waste of time. The HR representative who contacted me did not tell me there was three interviews to get hired at Best Buy. I came 10 minutes early and the interview started late. Since I have a job as an auditor, and have worked in retail for many years in the past, I knew for sure I had this in the bag. But no, I'm not sure what they are looking for in a candidate that has experience with said job title. Probably will not attempt to apply here again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied online and messed up and put the wrong phone number in my application. The HR guy emailed my friend and said that he tried to reach me twice Friday morning but I didn't answer because he called another number. Moral of the story: TRIPLE CHECK and make sure that everything on your application is correct

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you catch a fellow employee stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Topeka, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

Guy doing the interview was 35 minutes late. Took me into the break room for interview (no privacy at all), started asking questions. Actually took calls on his headset as I answered his questions. At that point, I wasn't sure who wanted to leave that room more. (His name was Tad, by the way. Yes, seriously.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Easy Interview, managers are real friendly, and its a great part time/full time job to do while in college. They also offer tuition assistance for full timers (up to a certain amount).

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from hr person of the store you applied at for a phone interview. They ask about availability and prior work experience. If that goes well they will schedule a 1 on 1 with the department manager. They ask plenty of situational questions. This lasted for about 30-40 minutes. They try to see if your prior experience closely relates to the job duties. Next will be an interview with the GM which was laid back in my case. He essentially is trying to get to know you as a person and see if you would be a good fit in his store.

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Angelo, TX).

Interview

Went in prepared and dressed as if I was interviewing for a management position. The interviewer seemed impressed and I knew before saying goodbye that I had the job. He asked a few personality questions, which seems prescribed by Best Buy Human Resources, but overall, the interview was simple and painless.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we (Best Buy) should do to employees who are caught stealing product from the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Casper, WY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward, it was with the General Manager and I got hired on he spot after about 5-10 minutes of basic questions. I talked about where I am from and what I can bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I applied then called them, then they pulled my app,.. Then they told me that they will call me back if I meet the qualifications .. They called me back within 1hr but of course I probably caught at a good time because I never got call back that early.. But when I got the call they ask me to come in for an interview..