Best Buy Inventory Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.1

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied online and messed up and put the wrong phone number in my application. The HR guy emailed my friend and said that he tried to reach me twice Friday morning but I didn't answer because he called another number. Moral of the story: TRIPLE CHECK and make sure that everything on your application is correct

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you catch a fellow employee stealing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

After I was rejected for this interview, they called me back almost a month later. I felt as if this was a waste of time. The HR representative who contacted me did not tell me there was three interviews to get hired at Best Buy. I came 10 minutes early and the interview started late. Since I have a job as an auditor, and have worked in retail for many years in the past, I knew for sure I had this in the bag. But no, I'm not sure what they are looking for in a candidate that has experience with said job title. Probably will not attempt to apply here again.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Easy Interview, managers are real friendly, and its a great part time/full time job to do while in college. They also offer tuition assistance for full timers (up to a certain amount).

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from hr person of the store you applied at for a phone interview. They ask about availability and prior work experience. If that goes well they will schedule a 1 on 1 with the department manager. They ask plenty of situational questions. This lasted for about 30-40 minutes. They try to see if your prior experience closely relates to the job duties. Next will be an interview with the GM which was laid back in my case. He essentially is trying to get to know you as a person and see if you would be a good fit in his store.

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Angelo, TX).

Interview

Went in prepared and dressed as if I was interviewing for a management position. The interviewer seemed impressed and I knew before saying goodbye that I had the job. He asked a few personality questions, which seems prescribed by Best Buy Human Resources, but overall, the interview was simple and painless.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we (Best Buy) should do to employees who are caught stealing product from the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Casper, WY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward, it was with the General Manager and I got hired on he spot after about 5-10 minutes of basic questions. I talked about where I am from and what I can bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I applied then called them, then they pulled my app,.. Then they told me that they will call me back if I meet the qualifications .. They called me back within 1hr but of course I probably caught at a good time because I never got call back that early.. But when I got the call they ask me to come in for an interview..

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Goleta, CA).

Interview

There are two interviews, the second one is the one with the general store manager and you get hired on the spot. You take a drug test, and get a background check. The process took longer than it should have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Carson City, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I saw the ad through www.indeed.com and saw a job opportunity as an Inventory Specialist. I ended up going to Best Buy's website through the "Career" link and that's where I applied online. Three days later, I get a phone call interview which included a background screening, my availability days, how many hours am I willing to work, and how much do I approximately want to get paid every hour. She also informed me that they're willing to give me an interview the following day and gave me options to pick the time of day.

My interview was set at 2pm but I came in 15 minutes early which the interviewer really appreciated. And because of that, she was able to interview me 5 minutes before 2pm. This was my first interview ever and it was surprisingly fairly short in my opinion. The interview only took about 10 minutes. It was a one-on-one interview. After she went through all the questions, she informed me that she had already interviewed a bunch of people prior to myself and it would take roughly 48 hours to review through all of them.

After those 48 hours, if they were still interested in me, I would receive a phone call to have another interview with the GM. However, if they weren't interested, I would get a courtesy email that I didn't get the job and would rather choose a different candidate. I was hopeful and waited those 2 days. I was also attentive at checking my emails. Needless to say, it's been about a week and I still haven't gotten any type of response from the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever put someone else's needs before yours?
      How would you react if you had to work with someone you didn't get along with?
      Where do you see yourself in a year?
      Why Best Buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, both with managers and they lasted about 20 minutes each. They asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Best Buy, am I currently working, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle seeing another employee take candy from the store (i.e. a low-value item)

I answered by saying that I would speak to them about it but not report it to the manager (the punishment should fit the crime)   Answer Question