Best Buy Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV

2.1

Technology Education Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

The internal application process is pretty straightforward. You apply online, schedule an interview when your recruiter contacts you, and if selected you receive the job offer/negotiate pay. The external application process is similar except you will generally have to go through two interviews before getting a job offer, one with your department manager and then with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is an example of a time you went above and beyond your job duties?
      Q: What is the toughest team you have had to work with and how did you deal with it?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

You should do your research on average pay for the position you apply for when it comes to negotiating your pay. There is also a pay cap for every position.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a call with in a week. I was currently out of town and she scheduled the interview the next day at 9AM. Luckily it was only a 4 hour trip back. I only made the drive back and decided to go to the interview because, when I asked the HR lady if she can reschedule, she said, "I could but we are trying to get people hired by next week", instant green flag. I Arrived at Best Buy at 8:30AM on the dot and went up to the door and rang the bell (the store was not open yet) a supervisor let me in. I also was greeted by a very tall dude but didn't notice his significance until later. 45 minutes passed and that tall dude called be back into a room and apologized for the lateness. The tall dude turned out to be the manager. Another green flag went up. When I entered the room I saw the supervisor as well and they both proceeded to do a panel interview. I instantly got nervous when he said tell me about yourself, I kind of mumbled on my first words. Anyway I got it together and the interview went smoothly. After some time flew by we talked about scenarios and some stories, in which after, they asked me if I can step out of the room for a bit and they will call me back. Even more nervous I patiently waited near the room looking at appliances nearby. They called me back in and offered me the position with generous pay because of my experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to be paid?   1 Answer
    • How would you make sure a customer meets their need?   1 Answer
    • What would happen if two employees were stealing but one was paid more and one was not? What would you do and why?   1 Answer
    • What is "shrink"?   2 Answers

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly simple process that took somewhere between 1-2 weeks. I got a call within a couple days of applying online. I went through an interview with a store manager first and then a final interview with the general manager. After getting hired, I just needed to complete a background check/drug test and the standard paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you had to pay your greatest attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was negotiated directly with the general manager. Just be very confident and offer a rate higher than you think you should be paid. The manager will likely counter-offer with a lower rate so do your homework so you know what's fair.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an interview just three days after applying online. The interview process was filled with questions about theft, past work experiences, previous managerial experience, previous sales experience, knowledge of current and trending technologies and devices, etc. It took about 30 minutes to complete. However, the online application took much longer to complete, greater than one hour.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw your manager stealing from the company?   1 Answer

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews the first being with the CBG manager for BBY Mobile and Computing and Tablets. The second being with the Store General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to rise above all odds to go above and beyond for a customer. What was the the outcome and what was the customer's reaction after assisting them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I applied for a part time mobile associate position at the time of the job offer I accepted a seasonal position due to all part time positions had been filled. The hiring manager stated to me that if I could provide world class service to the customers and come to work and put my best foot forward that I should be consider for regular employment with the company. As a result of the efforts I was promoted after the holiday season as a Geek Squad Technology Education Agent.

Geek Squad Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2013.

Interview

They call you then you get 2 interviews. First is with a supervisor. They second with a gm. The second is mostly a double check. The first makes the decision. I'd never worked for best buy but some how got the job. Usually they hire from within

Interview Questions

• Consequences for theft   1 Answer
    • Surprisingly very little technical questions. Most computer components. Managers usually don't even know if you're right   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Here's what you get, take it or leave it style.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

Called me in for an interview at 8AM. I arrived 5 minutes early. Had to stand around for 20-25 minutes because they couldn't find one of the other interviewers in the store. The interview was conducted in a conference room with another interview (completely separate) done just 15 feet away across the table. The interview itself consisted of the interviewer reading basic questions out of a packet. The interviewer left three times in the middle of the interview to go do something in the store.

Interview itself was very easy but the entire process was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What resources do you utilize to keep updated in electronics knowledge?   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews. First one a phone interview, second two in store with a supervisor first, then Store manager (or General Manager). Asked basic common customer service scenarios and questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt w/ a difficult customer, how would you solve a customer's problem, would you fire someone for stealing, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, needed a job at the time so I took the basic retail pay rate.