Best Buy Media Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Media Specialist Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (East Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Applied online filling out a long personality test that I could not even pass again after I was hired. This proves that the process of selecting employees is unfair and does not reflect ability to do the job. First interviewed with manager, called back for GM interview and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee take money from the register, what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Downey, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

3 stage interview. Normally you're screened by the Admin. Your first interview is with the supervisor, second with Manager, final with the General manager. If you get to the GM it means your in unless you mess up some sort of way.

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mira Loma, CA).

Interview

My personal interview was for a job at the store that wasn't open yet, so it took place at a safe, nearby hotel. Directions were clear, not shady. I had one interview with a supervisor and another gentleman, and second interview with a General Manager. After being informed that I got the job, all hired employees were required to fill out tax information at the hotel until construction on the building was complete.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't hard, they just required me to be honest, friendly and familiar with video games.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't one, it's retail so in starting out they set you at the lowest pay rate (which is still above minimum wage).

Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

Interview

Applied Online, in about a week got a call for an interview. Was told to wear business casual. Had an interview with one manager from Media department, and then one from the general manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something, Had to sell an item in a room to the manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Buford, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Application online and then a survey! If you do well on the survey, then you have a good chance of being interviewed! Usually, you go thru up to 3 interviews at most!

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Farmington Hills, MI) in January 2009.

Interview

Walked in and was greeted very promptly by the hiring manager. Straight to the point but always felt like the entire floor of employees was watching to see if I fit into the fold.

Interview Questions

• "How would you go about taking over my job if offered?" very awkward question   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lees Summit, MO) in October 2008.

Interview

I submitted my application online and I was called about a week later to come in for an interview. I showed up about 10 minutes early, told the front door Loss Prevention employee what I was there for and he directed me towards the chairs by Customer Service. I sat there for about 20 minutes until one of the employees wandered up to me and asked me to come with him. He led me to the little furniture section and we sat out in the middle of it, using a desk that was out on display and a couple chairs. It was kind of awkward interviewing out there as a few customers walked by while I was talking.

Once that was completed he said they would be calling back in a week or two to let me know. I received a call back about a week later, and they arranged another interview with the store manager. Some more of the same old same old except it was actually in a store room so there weren't customers walking by this time.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you had to help someone in need.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There weren't negotiations. I put down $7.00 as requested wage, but they said their standard was $8.00 for all starting standard employees.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Greenville, NC) in July 2008.

Interview

You have to complete a grueling 100 question "personality test" as part of the application process. If you "fail" it, your application is automatically cancelled and never makes it to the store managers AND you're not told if you fail or pass. You just have to call the store frequently and as if they've got your application. I failed it three times... and after finally making it and working at the store for three years, I was awarded MVP. So much for the test...

I had a two-interview process. First with the store manager and a second with the GM. Just general questions about why you like technology and sales experience.

Interview Questions

• "If you see a customer looking to buy a CD, what other products/services would you attach to that sale to make their experience even better."   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. "Here's your starting pay" followed by a handshake.

Media Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview

First i had a phone interview. FYI make sure you answer your phone because its impossible to get a hold of the hr that called you. I then went to a job fair at the store in witch i had a interview set up. He asked me some basic questions why i applied and why best buy. He said i did good and would like to set up an interview with the manager of the store.

Media Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2009.

Interview

When you walk in they tell customer service that you have an interview and they will tell you to wait for the hiring manager. When the hiring manager arrives they will talk to you a small room and ask you a series of questions. Ex. Tell me about a situation where you worked with a angry customer, tell me about a time when you worked as a team etc.