Best Buy Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Fultondale, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fultondale, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

You have two interviews, one with the supervisor and another with the general manager, I assume that if the supervisor likes you enough then you go straight to the other interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your resume and relevant skills that you may have listed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. One was a phone call interview talking about the basics, and what job I was wanting. the second interview was with the manager, and I went through at least 8 questions while he wrote down my answers, that was just an okay experience he looked tired! The next interview was with the GM and that was later in the week. The GM just asked me a few questions about my past employers and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone stealing something? Should they get fired?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plover, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plover, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Two Interviews; one with the general manager and one with the department specific manager. After you are hired you attend an orientation and then two extra days of systems training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit with our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

I applyed and i called them two days later and had an over the phone interview met with the manager the first time he was really nice and chill next they called me back and i met the GM he was chill to I had a good time

Interview Questions

• How do you know when you made the deal   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple asked how much i wanted we talked met half way and sign some papers thats it I was hired

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online at the best buy website, which included a lengthy personality test, and received a phone call to schedule an interview the next day. After the first interview, the interviewer told me to expect a phone call from the hr manager for a second interview. The hr manager called me three days later and scheduled a second interview.

The first interviewer was with my departmental manager, who asked me about hypothetical situations and how I would deal with them. The second interview was designed to test my moral character with regards to stealing. The general manager conducted my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you were frustrated with other group members' performance and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I set my asking salary at 10 per hour, the gm told me that the highest pay he could give me was 9.25, which was still a full raise above a standard hire given my experience with similar jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Midlothian, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

First you have to apply online. They then called me maybe four days later and conducted a phone interview. They then scheduled me for a 2nd interview which went well so I got a 3rd interview with the GM. After this interview he told me would keep in touch. Did not hear from the company until 3 weeks later where they told me they had a spot open for position I applied for. Then had to come in for a 4th interview and then had to meet with the GM for a job offer that I accepted but wouldnt be an official employee until I passed the background check and drug test which I did.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Memphis, TN) in June 2009.

Interview

I was well known by the management staff before applying as I had close friends who had been working there for quite a while and therefore received expedited interview process. Normally, in a standard hiring phase, it is over the course of one, possibly two months. If you pass the online test, you may be contacted via phone to see if you're still interested. You then have a second interview with an assistant manager or supervisor who will then suggest you for a final interview with the General Manager. Standard drug testing and other checks. They have very straight forward and simple paperwork. Most is automated which is quick.

Interview Questions

• A unexpected question for me was the interviewer asking how I could improve the team. I did not currently know the standing of the team in anyway and felt it was an unnecessary question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told standard incoming pay. It would greatly vary depending on your position and experience as per usual negotiations.