Best Buy Merchandising Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Merchandising Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.3

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and called the hiring manager to set up an interview. The process took a week and the interview was about 20 minutes long with mostly situational questions. I'm Still waiting on a second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Group interviews which lead to mass hiring not the ideal situation but it's a quick process second interview consisted of less hiring managers not a long process at all the questions were very standard and not difficult they were very responsive calling me back the same day for the second round of interviews p

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Applied for this position, three days later got a phone call out the blue and they asked if I could give a phone interview right then and there. I briefly told them about my work experience before being asked to come in for an in person interview the following day. My original interview time was for 10:30am I traveled all the way out there and got a phone call at 9:45 am and was told my interview was pushed back until 1:30pm. I was a little upset because I was told on such short notice but agreed to come back at 1:30pm. Got there at 1:30pm and was told the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't going to be there until 3:00pm so I agreed to wait again but ended up interviewing with a new manager instead. I didn't get the job because I couldn't come in at 6:00am on a Sunday because I didn't have a car to get there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you've had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, and what were the results.   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and then a week later was called in for an in person interview. The interview was very laid back. He basically asked me questions such as why work at Best Buy and how did I hear about the position. He also informed me about the day-to-day job description.

Interview Questions

• If you were a manger and found an employee stealing, would you fire them or keep them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Nashua, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic why do you want to work at best but stuff like that not challenging at all waste of my time wouldn't offer me 40 hours even though I was way overqualified

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockwall, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online about 10 days prior to the phone call scheduling my interview. I went to the interview later that afternoon. Very friendly staff as well as the assistant manager that interviewed me. Very basic and asked me several questions. Unfortunately didn't make it to the second interview but very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of the way to make something right?
      How would you handle a dissatisfied customer?
      What are the positives and negatives of working as a team?
      Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within that week for an in person interview with the operations manager. Basic situational questions. That same day I received a call for a second interview which consisted of more situational questions. At the end of the interview I was told to expect a call later that evening and to make myself available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I put the interests of others before my own interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orange, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Basic what would you do in this case questions. Had a phone interview on a Thursday. Scheduled my second interview the following Tuesday. Third interview a week later. At first i was really nervous but after the first 1on1 i had i felt much more comfortable and ready for the last interview. Plus the guys at Best Buy did a great job making me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a customer stealing?

What would you do if you caught a co worker stealing?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations took place. I received a call a few days later with an offer for 11 an hour which i accepted.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2016.

Interview

Three step interview: telephone screen, supervisor interview, GM interview. I went from step one to job offer in under a week. For all parts of the process, there is a structured set of interview questions. All of them are "Chinese menu."

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went the extra mile for someone. What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Glendale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a call about a week after. I had an interview with two staff memebers the following week, I do not remember their official job titles. After the interview they said any candidates chosen would have a second interview with the GM before being hired. I interviewed on a Tuesday and they said they had a lot of candidates to interview and if I was chosen for a second interview I would hear from them a week from the following Monday. I did not receive a call.

Interview Questions

• One question I was asked was how I would act if I had to work on a task with someone I do not get along with.   1 Answer