Best Buy Merchandising Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Merchandising Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Texarkana, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied at the website. Called every other day and had an interview with the supervisor after a week. Did amazing with the interview and passed the little tests/questions about how to do the job. Perfect for the job role and more. Was told he would talk to the general manager and I would have my second interview with her. Never received a phone call. When I would call back they would tell me to try again later and then eventually told me to stop calling and wait. Finally got an email about two months after the interview and stating they were going with other candidates. Never applying again.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do a planogram? What's wrong with our planogram?   1 Answer
  • Have you ever unloaded and stocked a retail store?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an e-mail about a week later about interview. Called to set it up, went to interview. Got asked some of the questions as stated by others below. Asked me if I had questions for them and finally told me I'd would get a response in 1 week knowing if I got it or not via e-mail at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Wilson, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for a job fair. They weren't busy and so I had would've been the phone interview in person. Asked me some basic questions about my preference, availability, and experience. Heard back within a week to schedule the interview with the warehouse supervisor, and then a couple weeks later to interview with the general manager. Was hired as seasonal, and moved to part-time in January.

Interview Questions

• Can a person steal something other than product?   1 Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Nice guy, was the supervisor of the department. Asked basic questions about working in a team plus responsibilities of my previous job. Got second interview soon with the GM

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to work really hard. What was the reason and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Huntington, WV) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I received a call from the HR in a couple of hours to schedule the phone interview. After 2 days I get my phone interview. Then appointed to do the in-store interview and offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of two interviews. The first being with a supervisor who asks basic interview questions to make sure you're a good fit. If you are, you'll get a call to come back for another interview at a later date. The second interview is with a general manager, who ultimately has the final say. Again, you'll be asked basic interview questions, but you'll also be discussing pay and scheduling. If everything works out, the GM will offer you the job on the spot or give you a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for someone.   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2017.

Interview

I met with a supervisor within a week of my online application, a few days later with the GM. There were two separate sets of interview questions that seemed standardized. I was offered the job on my second interview. Both interviews lasted 10 minutes at most, and the interviewers were friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Wilmington, DE) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online April 20th, 2017. I got a phone call April 28th to come in and speak to the dept. manager then a phone call later to change and come in during a job fair with the gn because the dept. manager was busy this week. He was very personalable yet professional and asked about my job history and why I wanted to work at Best Buy and actually asked why I didn't apply for sales. I said I didn't know how to dismantle a computer or what an OLED TV was. He replied, " We can teach people specs, but we can't teach personality and said I'm gonna have you apply for sales. So I went with him to speak to the hiring manager and he had her give me the info to apply and I did. I then got a call back for an interview with the dept manager for merchandising. I asked about the sales position and she told me I really need someone in merch. right now so I'm gonna have you come in and meet with them. I said ok no problem and had my second in person interview with an assistant on May 10th and got an offer the next day. I got my forms via email for a background check and drug screening. I filled those out today and will start next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to do a job while paying attention to detail, and how do you know you did a good job?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to put someone else's interest ahead of your own.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Short phone interview before being asked to come in. I was asked basic questions after filling out the times I would be available. Overall not too hard of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

I got called in for the first interview and had to wait 25 minutes after my scheduled time to be interviewed. The interview went really well and the interviewer was very nice. As mentioned in other posts, the questions they ask are all on here already. I scheduled a follow-up interview with the store manager two days later. I showed up for that and they said that they were low on management personnel at that time but that when another one came in then they'd interview me. I waited 20 minutes and was told that an assistant manager had arrIved and was going to interview me but she had a conference call to take first. I waited another 25-30 minutes before leaving because I should not have had to wait an hour past my scheduled time. Makes me question management and how the store is run. By the way, while I sat there waiting I saw the guy who was supposed to have interviewed me walk by multiple times. Would have liked to work there but it seems very disrespectful to keep someone waiting so long.

Interview Questions

• Why Best Buy? Tell about a time you had to work as a team and it went poorly?   Answer Question