Best Buy Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

2.8

140 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview I went in for was for a different role. It kind of seemed like the people interviewing me didn't really care. The second interview went super smooth and the managers interviewing me were great and very interested!

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to one interview, we talked about my experience, then I white-boarded some answers to their questions, then talked some more. They seemed happy with my experiance but possibly not my answers on the white board.... I am not really sure.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Apple Valley, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Scenario based questions, easy atmosphere, immediate feedback. All questions felt very in line with the job position; no extraneous questions were asked. The interview was done 1:1 but multiple people did come and go from the interview room, as it was an office.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

Recruiter reached out, setup call, brief 30 minute call. Pretty nice person seemed professional.

About 2 weeks later asked to come into office for interview. 2 panel interviews and tour of campus. Mostly behavioral questions, they didn't really explain the position at all. Seemed more interested in me answering behavioral questions. About 15 in total.

Interview Questions

Offer was marginally better than current role, didn't feel like a fit.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after applying by a recruiter. I set up a 30-minute call with the recruiter the following week. The phone interview was walking through my resume and discussing company culture and expectations of the role. The recruiter made the role sound extremely difficult and demanding, and even stated that people in this position typically only stay for 1-2 years. He was very friendly, and stated that he would pass my information along to the Director of Brand Marketing, and that I should hear something within the next two weeks to schedule an in-personinterview. I followed up after one week and the recruiter stated he was still waiting to hear from the Director. Checked in again after 3 weeks, and the recruiter told me that they decided to "move forward with another candidate based on experience for the role."

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

applied through staffing company. got interview after 3 weeks . the director did the interview and it was just behavioral questions and showed around the company and very friendly. he said there will be another round but i didn't get any call

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 30 mins. The hiring manager was friendly and eager to respond to my questions concerning the work environment and company policies. Overall, a fairly casual interview process.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Slow to move between rounds, leadership seemed confused. Rounds of interviews didn't seem to escalate. Feedback was unclear. Recruiters were great, hiring managers were not. Overall, didn't seem to take time to get to know me. Seemed to prefer internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• They gave situational case questions : i.e. If you were us, how would you partner with Tesla?   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Things moved very quickly and I was excited about the role. I felt great about the interview, highly qualified, dressed in a suit attire and studied all the reqs prior. Afterwards I nearly fell over when I received a petulant 3 word rejection email. So BB was a complete waste of my time. Had I been interviewed on Technology and Skills would have been a done deal - a real turnoff.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were about conflict resolution which is odd for a tenured recruiter. Really difficult to answer. Having mastered avoiding time wasting conflict this was a red flag. Not warm or friendly at all.   1 Answer