Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oxnard, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to a Best Buy "job fair". It was really a sort of mass interview, with applicants going two at a time. I was called back to an interview with the Store Manager the same day, and I was given an offer on the spot. Though the hiring process only took one day, it took another few days to wait for the drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick and pointless they go by favorites if it internal interview because you can be well qualified and still not get picked. But for outside they go by so called sales experiments

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process was rather simple overall. I was contacted and asked to come to the store for an interview. When I arrived at the store, I waited for half-an-hour, if not more, due to the management running behind on interviews and also having to partially manage while interviewing. I was interviewed first by the department manager, and then interviewed by the store manager in a second interview at a later date. Both interviews were to be expected in their format and questions with nothing surprising. I was immediately given a job offer once the interview with the store manager was done.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (The Woodlands, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview is with the manager or Lead of the department you want, there are always 2 interviews. Just stay calm and be detailed on what information you give them.

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview

Just the initial interview. Asked the usual questions, why best buy? and why would you be a good fit for this position? when are you available/ would weekends and holidays be a problem?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was expected for a customer   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very structured, standard questions any other company would ask you about yourself and how you take on challenges and obstacles. Be prepared to talk about past experience, stories. Have great customer satisfaction experiences in mind.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Des Moines, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview with one of the assistant managers. It was a great interview that focused mostly on my past work experience. After passing my initial interview I interviewed with the store manager. This interview focused mostly on how I would approach a customer about a product and what I would do in specific scenarios (standard questions). From there I was offered a job a week later.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn Hills, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview: getting to know me, what I would be interested in.
    Second Interview: with an assistant manager to discuss the job and if I had any question
    Third & Final Interview: with store manager and head mobile sales manager to complete interview process, discuss everything and if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a more than fair hourly pay, almost $1.50 more than what I made at my other job.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Boise, ID) in January 2013.

Interview

They asked very traditional boring questions. The most important thing they are looking for is that you are capable of holding a simple human conversation. I sat in interviews occasionally, and you would not believe the social difficulty some people have with answering relatively simple questions. If you can talk to us, you can talk to customers, that's all they really care about, I promise. OH, and also, if you have the chance, interview with them when they are having one of their "job fairs", because they will hire you on the spot, at the end of your first interview. It's the quickest way to get hired by far.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle." "Describe a difficult time in your past and how you overcame it." "Describe a time you didn't get along with another employee and how did you handle it." "What is your biggest weakness."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Covington, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

Managers are very "people-friendly" and the interviews were very casual, but still be mindful of your answers because they will remember what you said.