Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Got an interview call the day after I put in my application. It was two days after that I was scheduled to come in for an interview. I was originally supposed to have an interview with the hiring manager but he had decided to step aside and have someone else do my interview while he just sat there....... Overall I felt that the interview was going well at the beginning. I was giving answers to my best knowledge and also being professional. Between halfway through the interview I did feel that the vibe had changed with the woman that had taken over the interview. Wasn't exactly sure what I might have said or if she didnt like my body language but something did change the vibe of the interview. I had already realized that I did not get this position. That interview was on a Friday I did follow up with the hiring manager with a phone call the Wednesday after I then received an email that Thursday informing me that I wasn't chosen for the position. I honestly don't feel that the hiring process was professional or fair.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Its was very simple. She was very nice. They give you a small interview over the phone before asking you to come in for a face to face interview. You have to take an assessment test before all though.

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Took about two weeks. GM at the time gave me an option of working in mobile, home theater or computers. I chose mobile because they start of getting paid the highest base salary among entry level and highest bonus.

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in May 2017.

Interview

I received a call from someone who asked a couple of questions about interest level and then set up an in-person interview with a department manager. The first location, I showed up for my interview to learn that the interviewer was not there. I was suppose to hear back regarding a new day and time and never heard back. The second location, I showed up to my interview and waited for 25 minutes past the interview time for my interviewer. I later learned that the interviewer wasn't available and another manager (who had to be back on the sales floor) would be conducting the interview. The interviewer was very rushed. He would read a question and then turn the page before listening to my answer or writing anything down. It took 5 minutes! After, he told me he was recommending me for the next step and that I would receive a call from the hiring manager. I didnt hear back.

I work in my career field full time and was looking for a part time position to make some extra cash to pay off student loans more quickly. The handling of this interview was just unprofessional. I wouldn't want to work for the conpany after this.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oxnard, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to a Best Buy "job fair". It was really a sort of mass interview, with applicants going two at a time. I was called back to an interview with the Store Manager the same day, and I was given an offer on the spot. Though the hiring process only took one day, it took another few days to wait for the drug screen and background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick and pointless they go by favorites if it internal interview because you can be well qualified and still not get picked. But for outside they go by so called sales experiments

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process was rather simple overall. I was contacted and asked to come to the store for an interview. When I arrived at the store, I waited for half-an-hour, if not more, due to the management running behind on interviews and also having to partially manage while interviewing. I was interviewed first by the department manager, and then interviewed by the store manager in a second interview at a later date. Both interviews were to be expected in their format and questions with nothing surprising. I was immediately given a job offer once the interview with the store manager was done.

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Johnstown, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and personal. My employer was impressed with my willingness to learn about the products and my customer service skills. The employers laid out the rules and parts I would be in and made sure I knew what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• If we caught you stealing a candy bar and not paying for it how do you think we should go about correcting you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (The Woodlands, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview is with the manager or Lead of the department you want, there are always 2 interviews. Just stay calm and be detailed on what information you give them.

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview

Just the initial interview. Asked the usual questions, why best buy? and why would you be a good fit for this position? when are you available/ would weekends and holidays be a problem?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was expected for a customer   Answer Question