Best Buy Interview Questions in Murrieta, CA | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions in Murrieta, CA

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Murrieta, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line for 3 different positions (Sales Assoc. - Computers and DI, Appliances and Magnolia ), called into store for interviews (2 - Computers and DI and Magnolia). In both instances the first thing I noticed is that there is no one on the floors older than late 20's. In both interviews I talked to a Manager who was around 30 (half my age). Asked the same old interview questions (describe a situation when you had to deal with an irate customer, etc.). In all 3 cases received rejection emails a few days later. I have many years experience in high-tech marketing, as well as recent retail experience. My advice to anyone seeking to work at Best Buy: If you are over 30, forget it. It appears that ageism is alive and well at Best Buy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   1 Answer

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Murrieta, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Attended a job fair with 50+ people. First interview was simply getting your name and availability. Second interview was more extensive with in depth questions. If you aren't asked for a third interview then, most likely you aren't getting hired. Third interview a few days later. GM asked a few questions regarding theft and customer service in regards to Best Buy. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered an angry customer and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Murrieta, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

First had to apply online for a specific position, then they will call you to schedule an interview. You interview typically with the supervisor from the department you are applying for, then one to two applicants will be chosen to interview with a manager, after that interview one candidate will be chosen to interview with the GM to get a job offer. Process takes about 1-2 weeks. And it may differ depending on the position but this is usually how it works from what I've seen and experienced.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone in a group that you don't really get along with? How were you able to overcome this challenge?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach explaining how a certain product works to a customer that is not tech savvy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely lie and say you made me money than you did at your last job to try and get more. They will try and match what you got paid or if they can they will give you a little more.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Murrieta, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Very professional. Was called in for a one-on-one with the department manager and then one of the assistant managers. Was given a callback within 72 hours.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you leaving your present employer?" Only because I find it unhealthy to explain a toxic work environment - makes me seem like less than a team player.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is what we offer. No negotiation - though the pay was much higher than my "current" job was at the time.