Best Buy Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.5

Summer Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to schedule an interview less than 3 weeks later. The actual phone interview was very pleasant and the interviewer was so respectful and conversational, lasting about 20 minutes. I received a call informing me that I received an offer about a week after the first interview. Overall very professional process that was very structured and courteous of my time.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the next day in which I was asked questions about my past work experience, my availability, other positions I might be interested in and then was invited to go into the store the next day for an in person interview. A few days later I had a second and third interview with the managers. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What should happen to a staff member who got caught stealing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Best Buy specifically?   Answer Question
    • What did/didn't you like about your past work experiences?   Answer Question

Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Easy interview. Questions must be answered fully and detailed. If everything is answered thoroughly and detailed the interview process should be a breeze. This was one of the easiest interviews i've ever done.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick interview starts out with asking for examples of overcoming obstacles and shrink related questions. Once the first interview went the second interview with the general manager asking more personal questions like life goals.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee steal, what would you do.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Long generic interview questions for a simple job. Company is not very time management with scheduling follow up interviews or revealing decision of employment after interviews are complete. Overall easy questions , but based on how lengthy and unprofessional this company is seeming I will not be accepting any offers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to introduce change to your employees   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then got a call about 3 weeks later. Talked on the phone then got an interview scheduled for the week after. Went to to the interview, dressed very business like, very fast and very straightforward.

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back, the managers seemed to be in a hurry to bring on new employees to help with the coming holiday demand. The store was also pretty new when they brought me on, so it was safe to assume that they wanted to get the team filled out, and ready to go asap.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

applied and got a call the next day for an interview. I came in and the interview was more of a conversation with some basic questions the manager was pretty chill

Interview Questions

• If an employee doesn't pay for a drink would you report that employee   1 Answer

Consultation Agent Interview

Application

Interview

I was brought in for two interviews. The first one was more of a normal interview asking me about my past work history and bringing up hypotheticals. The second one lasted in less than 5 minutes and was not seen by the GM due to meetings. Unprofessional and waste of time to be called in if the position was already filled.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A lot of basic questions that you usually get in an interview. Just be prepared to talk about why you would be a good match for the position and give an achievement that is relatable to it as well. Looking mostly to see if you are a good fit and will be someone who is easy to work with.