Best Buy Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied at during the weekend and received an interview on Tuesday. I then went to the interview on Friday. I waited for about 10 minutes before the interview started. The interview was extremely quick but due to my availability, I was not hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hartsdale, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I got there 15 minutes early for no reason because the guy showed up half-an-hour late so that was annoying. But other than that it was pretty simple. They asked about previous work experiences and availability and that's it. The manager who interviewed me was super chill.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience working in Sales   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a pre-interview and offered an interview. It was a two stage interview with the hiring manager and then the general manager of the store I applied to. Interview was smooth and fun!

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Its was very simple. She was very nice. They give you a small interview over the phone before asking you to come in for a face to face interview. You have to take an assessment test before all though.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring process is lengthy. I applied online and didn't receive a phone call for about 3 weeks. It'd been so long I honestly forgot about it. She finally called an set me up for an interview the next day.. interview was good an I was only asked basic customer service questions. About 2 weeks later I got the call for the 2nd interview with the store manager.. offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you were a manager and one of your employees were seen stealing, what would you do..   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Poughkeepsie, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by interview with my direct supervisor after that I had an interview with the general manager and was offered a job on the spot. After being offered a job you then go to the background process which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee stealing a candy bar what would you do?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bronx, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was pleasant enough even I didn't get a job. I believe even though Best Buy is an equal opportunity employer, I have never seen anyone above a specific age category. They hire young people for this type of positions that I have applied for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about difficult customer handling and questions about employee honesty.   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Setauket, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (South Setauket, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview that was scheduled for the next day. During the interview, there were 2 people interviewing me, both were very friendly and made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty simple phone interview was about a few questions regarding availability, previous experience, and why you would be a good fit/ why you want to work here. And then theres an interview with managers

Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

It was generic walk in with about 9 other people wait for my turn to in answer questions about experience my portfolio and the ask about follow up and leave

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience with the technology field   Answer Question