Best Buy Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Operations Manager Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

Applied for the job online and roughly three weeks later I was called for an interview. The interview was held at the corporate office. The stores general manager and the district manager interviewed me. They both had a series of questions, which were your basic customer service questions. How to handle angry customers, how to train new employees, how to manage stress, how to forecast a schedule. etc...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone screen. They asked about salary expectations, availability and prior job experience. 1st interview was a panel interview with the general manager of the store I applied to and the second person was a general manager of a neighboring bestbuy. they asked about me personally then they asked lots of questions on how I would handle specific situations That related to sales and running a high volume and high traffic store.

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brick, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Three step process including phone interview, AM second, GM third. Don't bother with the process if you are a minor GMs don't want to deal with the hassle. Don't bother if you are over the age of 50. You are looked upon as out of touch and not up to speed with today's technology. Post interview drug and background screening.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe to be the biggest challenges facing consumer electronics retail today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

You have about three people interviewing you. The DM/GM/Sales Manager. They ask you about the stores sales performance, HR/payroll/credit/staffing questions. How are you going to manage those areas.

Negotiation

I did not get a chance to ask for more. It was my first time going through a process like that. I would highly recommend that people who do go through a process like this, talk about what salary you are looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

Resume and phone screen with recruiter
    face to face round robin interviews with hiring manager - usually panel interviews
    sometimes a second round to determine the selected candidate
    offer sent by recruiter

Interview Questions

• starting to incorporate questions to gauge analytical abilities of candidate and how they think on their feet in ambiguous situations   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no a lot of room to negoiate. Their offer is usually very straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Beaumont, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Uninspiring and poorly scripted interview process with HR rep, GM of store and an Operations Assistant Manager. I thought Best Buy would be in the ultra-aggressive business format mode, with an interview panel in white cotton shirts with ties, but this was not the case. I was dressed in a nice suit and tie, and they had on blue jeans and old sweaters (with heavy visible tattoos showing). During the interview process I thought everything was too informal and very laid-back, and the questions were very, "What would you do in this situation?" Quite frankly, I think they were looking for ideas and suggestion that they could employ in their own stores! I think my ideas and suggestions probably seemed too aggressive and "over the top" for them. If you are applying for a management job with Best Buy my advice would be to "dumb-it-down" a bit.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview with 2 other store managers ( at their stores) and 1 district manager at the district offices in Duluth. Both store managers interviews were about an hour long. The district manager interview was about 2 hours long.

Interview Questions

• explain how you create a happy culture in your store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

For external hires, you will fill out an on line application, take a quick (easy) personality profile test and then get a call from a phone screener. From there you will talk with the GM and an HR manager. A job offer will then be given to you. Best Buy HAS to post certain jobs externally even though they already have an in store person they want to promote. Probably 90% or more of all assistant manager and general manager jobs are filled internally despite the on line job posting. The position HAS to be posted for 5 days, then it is closed and the interviews start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to influence a group of people successfully.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you didn't get what you wanted.   1 Answer