Best Buy PC Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

PC Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

After just a few days of posting my application on the Best Buy website I got a call from one of their hiring coordinator. The phone interview consisted of some standard interview questions, such as, 'why do you want to work for best buy', and "What's your definition of good customer service" At the end of the phone interview she scheduled me for an In-person interview.

The 1 on 1 interview was with the General Manager of the store, and the PC sales supervisor. The supervisor asked some basic questions about computers, such as "Tell me about the new processors from intell?"

They asked me some questions about my experience at Macy's (which is where I worked previously). The general manager even asked me to role-play as though he were a customer at Macy's and I was a sales person.

Directly following the interview, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to roll-play as though I were a sales associate at my previous job, and the general manager was a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a pretty good offer -- much more than I was making at my previous job so I really didn't have grounds for negotiating.