Best Buy Product Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in May 2013.

Interview

Got an interview within a week of submitting the application. First interview was with the assistant manager. Very standard questions (eg. why did you quit your last job, did you like working for previous employers, what would you do if you found out someone was stealing...). Second interview was in the next two weeks, with the general manager of the store. Very fast interview, the GM asked very few questions but provided many information regarding the position and what you will likely to encounter during your time there. Training took a weekend (16 hours).

Interview Questions

• Just answer with common sense... For example, if you found a five year old stealing candy, do you report the kid to the police...? or you ask kindly of the parents to watch their kid more carefully....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for more money whenever you get the chance. If the GM likes you and think it's beneficial for you to work for bby, they will give you what you want.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

1) phone call from store manager
    2) set up interview date
    3) wait a couple of today before you get a phone call to come in for interview number 2
    4) final interview for hired and get told to take a drug test
    5) wait two weeks before I get call to come in for orientation
    6) orientation was boring and last 3 hours
    7) start working a week later

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing an item from the arore   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes and be good with your words and know what and when to say it

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had to fill a form with resume infos (personal info, past jobs, educational history, references, etc) and talk to the manager about myself and why I would fit the position. It was a pleasant interview.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2009.

Interview

Talking about shrink related issues and how to excell in the company by creating personal goals.

Interview Questions

• What are the major shrink categories   1 Answer

Negotiation

Most talk highly about the people you work with and around