Best Buy Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Project Manager Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

For contractors the interview was very quick. I had my recruiter that got me the interview. Then I went in and interviewed for 30 minutes with a Senior PM. The person asked me about my project management experience and asked me other personality questions. When I got home they called and said I had the job. Quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with HTML?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was represented by a recruiter all number questions were with them.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in December 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from an HR screener within a week of applying. An HR customer service person called within 2 days of the screening to set-up a panel interview. I was called the same say for an individual/casual interview with the director I reported up through the organization chart. I had worked with the person who had my job and she gave a strong recommendation. I contracted for the company in a similar role in the past.

Interview Questions

• What improvements do you foresee with our current website?   1 Answer
    • What are the main components of an ideal website?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I think my offer should've been $5K higher, but I took the offer because I'd experienced the work/life balance first-hand. That to me is priceless.

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Three day interview, first phone call, second panel, third direct manager. Retail based questions, some on client background knowledge and knowledge withing field and products associated with that field. Questions regarding core values, company mission, and the way those can be integrated into daily responsibilities and delivering on expected metrics.

Interview Questions

• What type of change will you bring to the market and how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, and did upwards for an additional 10%. Start high, the potential for a raise is annual as merit based raises have been removed from the business model.

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview room is very nice, they are very friendly, the questions asked are fair. A lot of times the interviews are very informal while at other times they are very formal. I don't think some of the managers are very welled trained in the interview process. The questions are all that difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in July 2008.

Interview

Very professional. Organized, efficent, punctional. Don't be late. Courteous. Thorough.
    They were well prepared. IUt was a 2:1 interview, about 30 minutes long. Met by someone in the reception area, lead to meeting. After meeting, I received a tour of the facility. The interview itself was about 45 minutes. They had a variety of questions of course. All communications were timely.

Interview Questions

• Wha did you do when a project failed?   1 Answer
    • What is your ideal day at work?   1 Answer