Best Buy Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rogers, AR).

Interview

Multiple levels of the interview process and an in-depth background test and drug test were required. The first component was in person with 2 people. Next and final was with store supervisor/GM

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. First with a department manager, then with the General Manager. The initial interview was full of questions about how to handle customer service. Pretty general. Then they asked about how I felt about honesty and stealing, which is big in this industry. They asked me what departments I felt comfortable in and then made a recommendation for me to interview with the GM.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phila, PA).

Interview

Online application with your work history and information. Next a series of questions that take about an hour to answer. This is the first interview. The next step I was contacted about my interview. The interview was scheduled with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Work habits, ethics, how I would treat customers. How I adjusted to negative and positive situations. Have I ever been late and fired from a job. Asked about my decision making skills and if I needed to contact management about different issues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic online surveys then one over the phone interview. After that called in a week later for a in person interview with sales manager. This was then followed up with one last interview with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and got a call, a very nice woman asked me about my interest, work experience, availability, and then she told me that she was going to review my information a let me know

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tracy, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first interview is the 25 page questionnaire online. Once u pass that interview you're sent to the system that you're in the green and they call you for an interview. You're interviewed by the supervisor or manager you will be working under and some cases you're then interviewed with the general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was based on how you would handle certain situations when interacting with others. The process is pretty standard for what you would expect in retail. Straightforward , though they don't hire everyone. You want to be presentable, but they are pretty easy going overall.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of overcoming rejection or disagreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume. Was invited to job fair of which during 4 hours there were only 2 candidates. Had an interview with someone who had been there 18 months. She took a lot of notes. Interview lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How I kept up with new technology. How I dealt with difficult customers. Had I services or assisted customers in prior roles. What was my background.

With a BS, MBA and over 25 years of IT experience assisting people, vendors, etc.. I did not get the position. I also had my own PC repair and sales business for 2 years about 12 years prior. And I had experience in floor sales and customer service for a short time with JC Penney and Amazon. The interviewer seemed impressed and was to pass the info to the general manager. I was rejected. I distinctly feel there was age bias and they preferred a younger person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lombard, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The questions were really forward. Looking to make sure you aren't going to steal, be honest, and help the customers over all. The questions are behavorial based and want to make that you fit with the hours they are looking to fill. Looking for personality.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Great all around. Very open and resourceful. I love the fact that they are willing to help me get further in my career and with school. Cant wait for a call back.