Best Buy Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email from the hiring team a month after i applied for the position to come for an interview at Best buy store in St Charles. I was interviewed by the Store manager, an educated and pleasant person. The interviewing session was professional and smooth, it lasted for almost an hour. I got an offer from the company just three hours after my interview was completed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to handle a conflict between you and one of your coworkers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

There is a rhree step interview process. The first step is very behavioral and used to determine a personality fit. The second step is with a manager to go over work history and communicate expectations. The third step is with a general manager and is similar to the 2nd step.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you engaging lots of people you don't know in conversation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Topeka, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

They start with a phone interview and then they schedule an initial interview in the store. However, expect to wait a little when you get there as they are likely interviewing a lot when they hire. The first interview was with someone who knows how to interview, but not necessarily the hiring or general manager of the store. The second is with the manager. Both interviews have the same general questions, one or two might be changed however.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience in which you had to try a new solution to a common problem?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you discovered another employee stealing?   Answer Question
    • How would you react to a customer stealing store merchandise?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to work as a team in order to reach a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. There's a test after the application that checks to see if you're a good fit for the position in terms of your mindset with working with customers etc. After a few days they had someone call me for a short simple interview and then told me to meet with someone at the store for a formal in-person interview. When I got there, I went to the back of the building in an office where I was asked a bunch of super standard interview questions. I wasn't really excited for this job so I pretty much bombed it. So after that, a few weeks later I got an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came into the store and they needed help?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

easy and quick to get hired very friendly and nice during the entire process. explained how to advance if i wanted to, and that they are there to help. told me that i will receive ongoing training for whatever position i wanted to advance to

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2015.

Interview

IMPORTANT: Call on a consistent basis after filling out you application. Because the majority of the time best buy will not call you first...

The process consist of three interviews which took 3 days (1 phone 2 face to face). The phone interviewer asked me what days I'm available? And how did you hear about the position? The second interview is face to face and consist of 8 total questions. One of them was, "how did you go out your way to help someone?" The third interview is the shortest having a total of 3 questions. One of them is, "why should we hire you?" Always remember to just be yourself, they looking for someone with an out going personality and willing to work with team mates.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

After I applied I got a call back after a week for my first interview with the manager of the department I applied with. He asked me the general interview questions, "tell me a time when..." It went well and he told me I would hear from the GM in about five days to set up a second interview. Over five days had past and I assumed I didn't get the job then I got a call back for a second interview with the GM. He had nice vibes and really just wanted me to get to know him and him to know me. He also told me I wouldn't know if I got the job after our interview but at the end he went ahead and hired me. Now I'm just waiting for my drug test and then I'll begin training.

Interview Questions

• why best buy?   1 Answer
    • if you could work anywhere in the store where would you think you fit best?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? and why that number   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got more than I wanted in negotiating pay. Best buy believes you work for what you're worth so they pay pretty decent to start out

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

3 step process. Hiring manager, supervisor, then general manager. Phone call is first step. If passed through, there's an interview with supervisor. If supervisor likes you then you get an automatic interview with general manager in the same hour.

Interview Questions

• Why should I higher you?

What can you bring to the table that someone else can't?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Easy, 2 interviews, one with manager other with store manager. Basic questions, if you know about tech already it is a big bonus. Dress business causal, button up and slacks are fine. Absolutely do not wear sneakers.

Anonymous Employee in Selma, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Selma, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the HR woman in charge of hiring about 2 weeks after I initially applied. We set up an interview for two days later. My first interview was with the sales manager. He asked me about my experience, and after discussing it he changed my application from the position I applied for up to a floor sales position. The interview went well, and at the end he said he and the others would discuss and call me back to set up a second interview with the store manager if they were interested. About 3 days later I got another call to set up a final interview, which took placed about 3 days after that. I went through the final interview with the store manager and she said they would decide later that day. I waited another few days and finally got the offer email. After some correspondence back and forth with HR, we set up their required drug test, and the date for orientation. All in all the process took about a month from when I applied to when I went to orientation.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything to hard or unexpected. Mostly just basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked what the starting wage was for the position, and what they would consider giving me with my experience. The told me the wage and asked what I thought was fair. I proposed 3 dollars an hour over the starting, and they agreed. So I would recommend bringing up experience when negotiating wages with them.