Best Buy Interview Questions in Richfield, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to one interview, we talked about my experience, then I white-boarded some answers to their questions, then talked some more. They seemed happy with my experiance but possibly not my answers on the white board.... I am not really sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

Recruiter reached out, setup call, brief 30 minute call. Pretty nice person seemed professional.

About 2 weeks later asked to come into office for interview. 2 panel interviews and tour of campus. Mostly behavioral questions, they didn't really explain the position at all. Seemed more interested in me answering behavioral questions. About 15 in total.

Interview Questions

Offer was marginally better than current role, didn't feel like a fit.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after applying by a recruiter. I set up a 30-minute call with the recruiter the following week. The phone interview was walking through my resume and discussing company culture and expectations of the role. The recruiter made the role sound extremely difficult and demanding, and even stated that people in this position typically only stay for 1-2 years. He was very friendly, and stated that he would pass my information along to the Director of Brand Marketing, and that I should hear something within the next two weeks to schedule an in-personinterview. I followed up after one week and the recruiter stated he was still waiting to hear from the Director. Checked in again after 3 weeks, and the recruiter told me that they decided to "move forward with another candidate based on experience for the role."

Help Desk Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application and basic personality test. Then had phone interview with recruiter with very basic questions. Was scheduled face to face interview at corporate headquarters in Richfield. Went to interview and was given a tour of the campus followed by an interview with the 2 hiring managers. Both seemed very nice and made the interview comfortable for me. Interview questions were basic STAR behavior questions. Waiting to hear back they said 2-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you went above and beyond for a customer........
      What do you know about Best Buy and Geek Squad?
      Answer Question

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was fair and relevant. I was interviewed by the director and program manager I would be reporting to. Their questioning revovled around making sure I had the experience and character to effectively handle issues specific to their area. It was not stressful.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple conflicting priorities?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was done via phone with HR rep. She asked standard questions but also allowed a free form opportunity for me to describe previous experience with the company. No terribly difficult questions because my experience was close to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do I make the best candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

I went in for a 2 hour interview, which consisted of 4, 30 minute interviews. I had no phone interview.

The first was just with an HR rep, talking about the company and the work culture and basic things like that, no real questions or anything. The next interview was with the department manager. It was very conversational, just asking basic questions about my resume and going over my work history. There were no "tell me about a time when" questions, nor any technical questions either. It just felt like the manager wanted to get a feel for my personality and that was it. After that interview was over, I had 2 more with a few different lead managers from the department. Again, they were just basically going over my work history and I just talked about myself from a personality standpoint, the whole thing was very casual.

I left having no idea about the job outside of what was posted online in the job description. I asked a few questions but I didn't get very good answers. The whole process was extremely quick since about 3 days later I got a job offer. Since I needed a job, I took it, but I didn't really know what I was getting into. Turns out the job is pretty good, and I'm still there now, so overall a positive experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Hiring managers were kind and friendly, made me feel comfortable, and length was acceptable. I was familiar with the people since I've been with Best Buy 13 years, and that helped ease my discomfort.

Interview Questions

• What do you like best about what you do now for BB?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

The HR recruiting team is condescending and generally unhelpful. If you ask 5 questions you might get an answer to 1 of them, on the third try. They were generally rude and snobbish.The two Sr. managers that interviewed me were nice, but they clearly did not understand what was needed for the role.

Interview Questions

• How many cars are owned in the U.S.? Give an estimated answer and explain the logic.   1 Answer

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

On Campus Interview then just a interview at Best Buy. Nothing too crazy, just the normal behavioral questions. After that you took a knowledge quiz that was kind of difficult but they said it had no effect on if you were to get an offer or not. Also got a tour of the Best Buy building.