Best Buy Interview Questions in Rockford, IL | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions in Rockford, IL

3.2

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockford, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. The first interview is the test at the end of the application. If they like your application they will call you to come in and interview with the Sales Manager. If the Sales Manager likes you then you will interview with the General Manager. If they both agree that you will be an asset to the team then you will receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What kind of knowledge do you have about technology?   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockford, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Best Buy used a three step interview process. The first one will be done online. They will then contact you pretty quickly to come into the store and interview with a manager. The third step is a interview with the general manager. The questions you get asked are pretty much the same with all three interviews. They are pretty basic interview question to test morality and convictions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Depending on what you are interviewing for but it is pretty basic not much negotiation.

Back Office Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockford, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Worst experience I've ever had. The day after I submitted my application, I received a voicemail requesting that I call the store back; however, the number that was provided was the standard store number - you know, the one you call when your computer/router/overpriced gadget is broken and you need troubleshooting assistance. Therefore, when I tried to return the call, I had to wait on hold in a phone queue for over 30 minutes! I finally just had to give up because I had to leave. I tried calling back again later, and the same thing happened, but this time I just kept pressing "0" repeatedly, and my call was finally put through. After discussing the position briefly, I was asked to come in for an interview the next day. When I asked where I should go or who I should ask for, I was told to just go to the Customer Service counter and tell whomever was on duty that I was there for an interview.

So the following day, I arrived for my interview 5-10 minutes early, and went to the CS counter to find...a long line. So I stood and waited...and waited as the elderly couple ahead of me complained about the computer they had purchased. Finally I was able to speak with the attendant, and was told to sit down and wait. A few minutes later, the floor manager came and took me into a tiny office no bigger than a closet to conduct the interview. The first question: "Are you a big sports fan? Because I need to know that whoever I hire I can talk about sports with them all the time." And with that, I was done. No contest the most unprofessional interview process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Are you a big sports fan? Because I need to know that whoever I hire I can talk about sports with them all the time.   Answer Question

Geek Squad Consultation Agent (CA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockford, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

3 interviews, one with a manager, 2nd with your geek squad manager, then 3rd with the store manager which will shoot you an offer. Mine was a bit low but the manager worked with me on getting a fair wage that i gladly accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockford, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

The initial communication was through a phone call. Then they setup an interview a few days later. There was an interview after that with the general manager for the final approval. The interviews were pretty straight forward as they are from a script generated from the application process. Overall, it was not that long of a process to be hired. There was a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told what my pay would be and that there really was no negotiating since it was an entry level job.