Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2018

2.3

628 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Took about a week after applying to get a call. Came in for an interview. Interviewed twice that same day. Drug test and background check within 48 hours after. The application process was easy

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Penn, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. They brought me in and brought to the back to meet with an associate who already works their. They asked questions that required well thoughtout answers and not yes/no answers.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions, and questions about you personally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Quick, but I could tell the Hiring Manager wasn't interested in me as soon as I took a seat.
    He only asked a few questions. There were 2 people who interviewed before me, so his decision was laready made.

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Goleta, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

They inquire about your background. Ask about your previous work experience and give you scenarios in which you're supposed to "do the right thing." You will also be speaking to two different managers, usually one is sales manager and the other would be the store manager

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hamilton, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

They just ask you questions based on the department you're interested in to make sure you know what you're talking about. They just ask you questions based on the department you're interested in to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you misinformed a customer and they were mad when returning it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucker, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about two weeks later, went in for the interview. It was a group interview, three at a time. Afterwards pulled to the side separately and told to expect a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most irritating part of your previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Clackamas, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Very typical interview for a retail type job. Business casual for interview, leaning a little more towards business side. Very keen on personality and customer service skills more so than knowledge of technology. They will teach you everything you need to know about products, but handling customers is something you want to know going in.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pearland, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview was quick he asked a couple of what if and why do I want to work for best buy questions and I received a call 3 hours later saying that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2013.

Interview

I received a phone interview and was invited to come in for an in-person interview. The second was with a sales manager and the third interview was with the general manager of the store

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy process. Asked about previous work experience and how I responded in certain situations. Basic personality/morality questions eg. what would you do if a coworker stole an "insignificant" item.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a sacrifice for the team.   Answer Question