Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, each with a higher manager. After the third interview you will either get a job offer or they will tell you they will call you for further questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then got a call about 3 weeks later. Talked on the phone then got an interview scheduled for the week after. Went to to the interview, dressed very business like, very fast and very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

After I applied, I got a phone call to ask me if I was interested in the position, the person that call me was a girl and her position was something related to new hires and training, then I went in for an interview with the sales manager, he asked me a few normal questions about scenarios and why I was choosing bestbuy and then one last interview with the store manager, where I was asked scenario questions again.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Took about a week after applying to get a call. Came in for an interview. Interviewed twice that same day. Drug test and background check within 48 hours after. The application process was easy

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It is a three interview process until hired: Jobs recruiter, the department manager, and the Store manager. The interviews last around ten to fifteen minutes. They will want to know what are your goals and why do you qualify for this job. Once the interviews have completed they will tell you when they contact you about a possible start date.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime during holiday season?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Straight forward. Asked me typical interview questions (Describe a time you went above and beyond) over the phone, then scheduled an in person interview. Very casual and easy interview, but I suppose a lot depends on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you saw a fellow employee breaking the rules   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Online Application, phone screen, one in-person Interview. Went quickly. Website was a little tricky to navigate. Quickly contacted for phone screen. This was followed by in-store inteview with two different staff.

Interview Questions

• Action if saw stealing? Name great service companies? what obstacles do you anticipate?great service companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied during the 2016 seasonal position. Very straight forward. Asked behavioral questions and what are you knowledgable about. Make sure that when answering behavioral questions, use an example from experience. The questions were similar to the ones listed on this site. I was offered the position at the end of the interview. Also, the email with all the information may come a week later. Do not be alarmed that they forgot about you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a decision that not everyone agreed with   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very quick, informal interview with other employees in the same room. Seemed as though it was rushed. Question that were based more on personality than the skills required for the job. They did not give feedback on whether I got the job or not on the day I was told.