Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.3

588 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy process. Asked about previous work experience and how I responded in certain situations. Basic personality/morality questions eg. what would you do if a coworker stole an "insignificant" item.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a sacrifice for the team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Quick, but I could tell the Hiring Manager wasn't interested in me as soon as I took a seat.
    He only asked a few questions. There were 2 people who interviewed before me, so his decision was laready made.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pearland, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview was quick he asked a couple of what if and why do I want to work for best buy questions and I received a call 3 hours later saying that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucker, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about two weeks later, went in for the interview. It was a group interview, three at a time. Afterwards pulled to the side separately and told to expect a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most irritating part of your previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houma, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied many times to Best Buy. I was not hired any of those times. Many applicantions were reviewed quickly. And i found out that i would not be getting the job moments after.

Interview Questions

• Would you go out your way to get someone to buy a product even after they say no?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call from Best Buy about 3 days after. I got the call around 9:30 am. They asked me if I was still interested for the position and I set up an interview the following day at 1pm. I came in business attire, clean cut, shaved, dress pants, a nice dress shirt and a tie. The overall interview was pretty easy, the most important thing is be confident, affirmative, to sell yourself, don't be shy you have nothing to lose. Simple questions nothing crazy, it was a pretty short interview about 10 minutes. The interviewer then told me I would either get a call back the later that same day if they decided to proceed with my application or I would get an email saying they decided to go with another candidate. I was called back about 5 hours later, longest 5 hours of my life, I really wanted the job, they called to set up another interview with the general manager. The second interview was a bit longer than the first about 20-25 minutes. The second interview was also very easy, basic questions. For example: "If you were to get the job, what would be the most difficult thing working there?" when I was asked this question it took me a few seconds to think, and I told GM "To be honest I really don't see anything that would be too difficult, I'm sure there are things that are frustrating at times and tedious but nothing I couldn't handle" After the interviewer I was told on the spot I got the job and they would send me 2 emails one for the job offer and the other for a background check. As I was walking out I saw the sales manager who interviewed me the 1st time, I approached him and greeted him, he also asked me how the interview went with the GM. I told him it went great and I got the job, and he told me "I know you got the job" I was surprised by his answer, so later on that day I asked my close friend that had been working at the same best buy for about 6 months, and he told me that the sales manager is the one who practically selects the candidates for the job, and the GM just makes sure the candidate isnt a bum and what not. So i believe the 1st interview is most important in securing your job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you set a goal and came short of it? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I was stood up for my interview in Columbia, MO by the management. I had already passed the phone interview and was in the store to have the face to face interview. Unfortunately, after asking two separate employees where to go, they both disappeared in the back and never returned.

Interview Questions

• I never got asked a question because my interviewer never showed up!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Question and answer process, spoke with general manager. Was asked about how I am interedsted, etc. After Interview was conducted, contacted for a drug test. Pretty average interview process, nothing too special.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with customers, some product knowledge, what you know about the company so far.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back saying I would go straight to the second round of interviews and would know wether or not I would get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Online assessment. Quick email response. Brief 15 minute interview. Followed by two interviews one with your direct supervisor and the store gym. Total of about 3 weeks! The orientation process that followed was very educational and straight to the point.