Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back saying I would go straight to the second round of interviews and would know wether or not I would get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Online assessment. Quick email response. Brief 15 minute interview. Followed by two interviews one with your direct supervisor and the store gym. Total of about 3 weeks! The orientation process that followed was very educational and straight to the point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Murrieta, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line for 3 different positions (Sales Assoc. - Computers and DI, Appliances and Magnolia ), called into store for interviews (2 - Computers and DI and Magnolia). In both instances the first thing I noticed is that there is no one on the floors older than late 20's. In both interviews I talked to a Manager who was around 30 (half my age). Asked the same old interview questions (describe a situation when you had to deal with an irate customer, etc.). In all 3 cases received rejection emails a few days later. I have many years experience in high-tech marketing, as well as recent retail experience. My advice to anyone seeking to work at Best Buy: If you are over 30, forget it. It appears that ageism is alive and well at Best Buy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2017.

Interview

First interview they ask a series of questions about Loss Prevention and Customer satisfaction. After if they liked your answers they call you back and you meet with the GM

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee stealing what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy but for the most part very chill. It took them a long time to actually schedule an interview after applying online (4 weeks approximately). I went through several interviews and by the time they hit me up for a final interview, I had a much better job offer from another company lined up, so I never called back..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, each with a higher manager. After the third interview you will either get a job offer or they will tell you they will call you for further questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Geneva, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an interview scheduled after passing the online test and application process. Had an interview with the Assistant Store Manger, who was very unprofessional, and actually dropped several F-bombs in the process of the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've failed to reach a goal and how did you respond to that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Roseville, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

lame they didnt wanna be there they wanted to go to lunch since a pizza company dropped off free food, some ate during interview which i found to be very very cvery rude

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then got a call about 3 weeks later. Talked on the phone then got an interview scheduled for the week after. Went to to the interview, dressed very business like, very fast and very straightforward.