Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Online assessment. Quick email response. Brief 15 minute interview. Followed by two interviews one with your direct supervisor and the store gym. Total of about 3 weeks! The orientation process that followed was very educational and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Murrieta, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line for 3 different positions (Sales Assoc. - Computers and DI, Appliances and Magnolia ), called into store for interviews (2 - Computers and DI and Magnolia). In both instances the first thing I noticed is that there is no one on the floors older than late 20's. In both interviews I talked to a Manager who was around 30 (half my age). Asked the same old interview questions (describe a situation when you had to deal with an irate customer, etc.). In all 3 cases received rejection emails a few days later. I have many years experience in high-tech marketing, as well as recent retail experience. My advice to anyone seeking to work at Best Buy: If you are over 30, forget it. It appears that ageism is alive and well at Best Buy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2017.

Interview

First interview they ask a series of questions about Loss Prevention and Customer satisfaction. After if they liked your answers they call you back and you meet with the GM

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee stealing what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, each with a higher manager. After the third interview you will either get a job offer or they will tell you they will call you for further questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Geneva, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an interview scheduled after passing the online test and application process. Had an interview with the Assistant Store Manger, who was very unprofessional, and actually dropped several F-bombs in the process of the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've failed to reach a goal and how did you respond to that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Roseville, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

lame they didnt wanna be there they wanted to go to lunch since a pizza company dropped off free food, some ate during interview which i found to be very very cvery rude

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then got a call about 3 weeks later. Talked on the phone then got an interview scheduled for the week after. Went to to the interview, dressed very business like, very fast and very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

After I applied, I got a phone call to ask me if I was interested in the position, the person that call me was a girl and her position was something related to new hires and training, then I went in for an interview with the sales manager, he asked me a few normal questions about scenarios and why I was choosing bestbuy and then one last interview with the store manager, where I was asked scenario questions again.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and afterwards I received a phone call, if you pick up the phone ready to receive a phone interview on the spot then I was invited to interview with the manager and was offered the job right on the spot.