Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2016

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was a 3 part interview process which was quite extensive for the job. It was, however, a new store hiring all new employees so it was understandable. There are 2 superiors evaluating each interview: one supervisor and one manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online I had a intense interview but was hired in the spot most of the time it's a 2 interview process but I guess because it was close to the holidays

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Multi stage interview process. Usually supervisor to screen, assistant manager to pass to the final with the GM. Was given a customer recommendation work sheet to study and bring back to use during the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle multiple customers asking you for help and no help is near?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

filled out application online. called to come in 2 days later with assistant manager, 4 days later had interview w operational manager. got the offer on the spot and took about 10 days for my background check and drug test to go thru. Started about 12 days after I got my initial offer. Usually an interview with the GM is done but he was on vacation at the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What would you do if an employee is caught stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was awkward as hell. They didn't seem interested in hiring me at all even though I gave great answers to all the questions. If you care too much about your job no one will hire you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very basic interview, nothing crazy. Applied online and got a call within a couple days to come in for the interview. Killed the interview, just basic questions about myself. Very easy and laid back, very conversational. I actually knew the guy interviewing me, we played football against each other.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (El Dorado Hills, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Walked in and got interviewed by manger surprisingly really quick. Took me to a back office two mangers interviewed and overall it went well later in the day got a call that they want to hire me

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mesa, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a great interview process. I got to my interview about 10 minutes before and waited for my interview. The Manager that had interviewed me was really great! The employees were looking sharp too. REVIEW THE QUESTIONS ON THIS SITE! It really helped me to prepare!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with someone difficult. How did you get through it?   Answer Question
    • What should happen to an employee that steals?   Answer Question
    • Why Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What does a customer look for when coming into a store?   Answer Question
    • How would you help someone (employee) that doesn't know what how to do something or isn't doing it right?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for 10.50$ and he told me he could work for 10.25$ I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ankeny, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

Arrived to the store and asked cashier for the manager who was going to interview me. He came oit of the back office, greeted me, and lead me to the office. There we sat and he asked me about my experience and some questions regarding the current technology they were selling.

Interview Questions

• What kind of cable is an hdmi cable?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Beaumont, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was an easy process and the questions were directed towards the position you were applying for. We've talk about past jobs and how it would be applied to the job you were applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at best buy?   1 Answer