Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Asheville, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Being of Hispanic decent and recently graduated from college I was looking for a job and my skill were needed at Best Buy as a sales consultant in Best Buy mobile. When I applied for the position I did not know much about the tech industry but I hired anyway. The top priority for Best Buy is to have highly motivated people with strong out gong personalities. They asked me about my weaknesses and my strong points along asking me about my degree and what I wanted to do with it. This is not a difficult interview as long as you are out going and willing to work with customers.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the cell phone industry?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable talking to people that are going to be upset a times?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview

Initially applied via the Best Buy website, about a month later I got a phone call from the hiring manager to set up an interview, and within a week had an interview with the assistant manager at the location. The interview was very laid back and allowed for open communication. The assistant manager was very friendly when he was going over store policies, duties, etc. The interview with the general manager was a hitch as well, although the questions were a little bit more in-depth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went the extra mile to help someone and what the outcome of said situation was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Greeley, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I had three interviews, first one over the phone. they just asked my availability and what department i would like to work at. Second interview with Department manager. it was a group interview which was a bit easy three questions and manager was very nice. third interview was with general manager. Basically asked why i wanted to work here and what i would do if i was manager and caught an employee stealing, i said i'd fire him and he was happy with my answer. Then got the job offer in the spot!

Interview Questions

• What is something you had to learn by yourself and how did you learn it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, they said i would start at 8.50. then my first day my manager said i would actually start at 9! ;)

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Apply online first. I applied several times and it took nine months to actually get an interview, when they were about to start hiring for the holidays. (Others in my employee orientation class said they were called for an interview within a few weeks.)

The first interview was with the manager from computers/mobile. The second was with the manager from home theater. (This was the position I was applying for.) The third and final was with the general manager. They finally told me that they had a position in the Mobile department if I wanted it. And after job hunting for several months, I took it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical questions about theft, sales, getting along with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating; they gave me what I asked for, which makes me wonder if I should have asked for a little more.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2012.

Interview

First step, initial interview stuff. Mostly interested in experience and schedule availability. If you're acceptable during the interview, you'll be passed on to the GM, who will discuss salary, ask a few questions.

Interview Questions

• The only situation questions was, "You see a co-worker take a soda without paying for it. What you do?" They're looking for you to say you'll notify management about what you saw and that there is no way stealing can be tolerated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Angelo, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I first applied online at BestBuy.com, clicked on the jobs link, filled out the application and took a personality survey. About a week later I was called and scheduled for an initial interview with the assistant manager. About four days later I was called-in to have a final interview with the General Manager. He asked me some questions about my skills and personality, and gave me plenty of time to ask questions about the job myself. He gave me an offer, I accepted it, and a week later I started working at Best Buy. It was very simple and was the first time I've ever applied for a position online. It was interesting, but efficient.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a customer who was extremely upset with a product that you sold them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted $10 an hour, but he offered me $9.00. I told him that I wasn't that happy, and he explained that he literally couldn't do any better, because most employees get hired-on at $8. I asked once more, and he accepted.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

Interview

I applied on the Best Buy site for the mobile department and was contacted about a week later for an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation-set pay

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

All applications are done online. Hired after one interview. The hiring manager was clear, to the point, and friendly. They were very flexible with my schedule. Started right away after a drug test. Not a difficult hiring process. Dress sharp, be confident, and have a little sales experience and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?" The interview always has a question about employee theft. They want to make it clear that if you steal, they will call the cops. Evidently this is a big problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. New hires who don't know Spanish start at $9.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brandon, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online two days got a call back. They asked me a few questions about my experience and why i would like to work for the company . Then two weeks later i ot a call back asking if i would like to come in for a face to face. same questions . then i meet with the general manager and he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked about pay and where i would be most comfortable at.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Four interviews. First a telephone screening interview from the store's HR manager. Depending on how that interview went, you will be scheduled for a second interview with a sales floor manager. If that interview goes well, you will be contacted for a third interview with the manager of the department you are looking to join. The final interview is with the store's General Manager and if you made it to this interview you will be a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. All of the questions are typical retail behavioral questions, i.e.: "Name a time that you had to work with a difficult customer. What steps did you take and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I recommend requesting a high wage when filling out the online application, as the General Manager will only try to offer a lower wage than the one requested on the application. Most new hires start at $9.00 per hour.