Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

As any time a fulfill the form online & answer a test online, I received a email for phone interview, passing that interview, I write a email to the person in charge and I have a personal interview with store manager.

After few weeks of dealing with the person in charge I write a email and I received a answer the position is going to be not fill by the corporation.

Interview Questions

• 1.- Why I'm applying for that position?
    2.- How deal with problems on store?
    3.- Top 3 the best and worst departments I like to work?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

got a phone call, was asked to come in interviewed with one manager passed his interview was asked to come back for my last interview with the GM and got hired

Interview Questions

• if you don't know something how to find out   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't really have experience so there wasn't a negotiation phase

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very quick in response after submitting cover letter and resume online. I was able to schedule an interview within 2 business days. Received an offer soon after interview. The interview itself was easy going but professional. Interview was done in the office in a store. Questions were very straight forward. For me, the questions seem to focus more on how you would handle certain situations. There are some questions on background with retail and consumer products.

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lufkin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy since I already knew the manager he didn't ask too many questions just asked why I wanted to work here etc I was hired fault quickly after wards

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very relaxed, mainly just wanted to make sure you could carry a conversation and not steal things. They were looking for smart, outgoing people in order to be able to sell their products.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I had an in store interview with the assistant manager I felt this interview was medium difficulty.Then I had a final interview with the store manager this was easy and seemed at this point that I had already gotten the job.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (South Bend, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long, the first call was on a Saturday that scheduled the interview for the next Saturday, then that interview did the same until I got a job offer which meant a drug test and another week of waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy, What makes you good for Best Buy   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I was interviewed twice, for two different jobs, but they basically went the same each time:

Applied online, got a call from a back office lead who asked me a series of questions (both times I was called, I was given the exact same questions). During the first call I misunderstood a question, and the interview failed at that point and I wasn't called in for an in person interview.

During the second time I was called after applying for a job, the same BOL asked the exact same questions, so this time I didn't misunderstand the question. At this point I was asked to come in the next day since they were having a job fair.

I showed up the next day and I waited for my scheduled interview. It involved your normal questions about past work experience, a lot of questions that simply seemed to be about how I felt about stealing, and then some role playing concerning sales. It was pretty straight forward, and I felt like it was more about my personality as well as my ability to talk enthusiastically with strangers.

At this point the main interviewer talked to someone, and they started the hiring process.

This involved getting a few emails where I authorized a background check, an email with my pay rate offer (I had asked for more than the going rate in the area due to my experience, but the pay offer was lower than what I asked for), as well as instructions on where to go for a drug test.

After all of that passed, I was asked to come in for orientation. The entire process took about a week from the phone interview to my first paid day.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been fired for stealing. And honestly, this was the topic of the vast majority of the questions in the in person interview.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond when helping a customer (phone interview).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bristol, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

It's a three part interview, the first part over the phone then two in person interviews. The only real problem I had with this was the people were late to interview me on both of the in person interviews. Mistakes are fine but keeping a person waiting for 15 minutes twice is ridiculous, I think, from what I could see the store wasn't very busy either, with a bunch of the sales people cutting up. Time wasters.

Interview Questions

• Just a lot of scripted retail questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springfield, VA).

Interview

they start off with an online app. then you have to get screened through a phone interview. then you come in person and get asked more questions. you gotta get drug tested and background checked before your approval too. Thats about it. the interviews are all very generic.