Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.4

Sales Interview

Interview

The interview process was fine. What's not fine is attempting to search for new jobs and/or careers, finding specific ones only on your site and being forced to fill out this. I do not want to review my part time job, nor do I want to anonymously talk about it on the Internet.

Interview Questions

• I still do not want to submit reviews on my current employer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied as a seasonal worker during school. Management nice and questions seemed to gauge common sense. I was able to coordinate school and the workplace. Typical drug test, simply don't do drugs and you won't have a problem at any workplace.

Sales Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by the location manager. We spoke for over an hour. I had a broken leg at the time but he seemed willing to accommodate me. I was asked about how I would handle various customer service situations - and conflict with coworkers over commission.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where someone else took your customer's sale and commission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

brief phone interview followed by 2 separate face to face interviews with different levels of management - fairly generic questions and also repetitive - set up more for high school kids. No trick questions, very similar to a grocery store interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult customer to deal with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Had me waiting for an hour. My interview was at 1 and they came and got me at 2. That just shows how unorganized these people are. There are way to many interview, I mean really? Why do you need 3 interviews? When I was being interviewed they were paying attention the their radio and not really paying attention to me.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

3 interviews - lengthy process for a retail job. Spoke to hiring manager, then a group of managers and then the store manager. It was nice to know everyone before day one but slightly overwhelming for the pay that was offered. I've been through less for more pay.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you went above and beyond customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 step process:
    phone call interview
    hiring Manger interview,
    and then store Manger interview
    Took about a week to get the job and everything. And another week & a half to start the actual job

Easy simple question where asked. It took less than 15 min I think I took longer waiting for the interview than anything.

Dress professional!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      what should happen to an employee who steals?
      1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

It was a very short interview in which I was asked about different sales scenarios and customer service situations. It was very brief and easy, I do not think anyone would have an issue with this interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Three interviews, typical interview. First interview was over the phone and it was about why I was interested and my hobbies. Second interview was about experience, and third interview was a role playing interview, plus they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Explain experience, role playing on selling,   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try negotiating for 11 dollars, but the base pay of 10 is not too bad as well. Better than most places.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Champaign, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process at Best Buy. First was a phone call, second was an interview with the manager of the department you applied for and the final interview is with the general manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved problems with former co-workers or colleagues?   Answer Question