Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Interview Questions

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chico, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There were very easy interview questions. Pretty standard to most sales job's. I only had to do 2 series of interviews one with a sales manager and one with the general manager. The same questions were asked and they were very nice during interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a good amount before of my experience prior.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (El Paso, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

applied online got called one week later had 1:1 interview with departmant manager had 2nd interview 1 week later with GM and got an offer on the spot after a few questions.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal about employee theft   1 Answer
    • have you ever been involved in loss prevention investigation before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed on phone, wasn't a match.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Greenville, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

You do a online interview, then you do an in person interview with a supervisor or assistant manager. If you get through all of that you meet with the GM and he/she decides your pay and department.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a friend stealing from the store, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None the use a pay scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sandy, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Three interviews and a drug test. Each interview was with someone higher up in the company than the previous interviewer. The final was with the store manager, which was the most difficult of the three. He asked the most difficult questions. He did, however, seem very interested in me. All interviews were done one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• If a manager let you take a drink from the store without paying, would you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sherman, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

You apply online, wait for them to call you, it is then a phone screening to make sure you at least sound sane, interview with your first superior, then GM. Sometimes they combine the superior and GM interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you did not like? What did you learn from it? Tell me about a time where you coached someone? How important are small details in your job? Why Best Buy? How do you feel about stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When I was first hired, it was no negotiation. If you are applying internally, you might be able to negotiate or possibly if you have some good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Davenport, IA) in January 2011.

Interview

very good and fast and easy,great time.one on one laid back no rush no hard questions easy shor questions and quick answers dont need to know much about the postion real easy

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

1st interview: Random phone call from Best Buy. Remember which one you applied to, so if they call, you can be prepared.

2nd: a one-on-one interview with 1 of 4 Store Managers. They are all extremely easy to get along with, so don't worry about that part. Asked about 5 -8 questions. and remember, WHEN asked "what would you do if you saw an employee steal" You would fire him, no questions asked. Stealing is stealing and I've learned how huge employee theft can hurt a business. If you answer otherwise, immediately flagged and 100% guaranteed you will not get the job.

3: Interview with the General Manager: basically, if you get past the 2nd interview, you're in. Making it this far means the General Manager is making sure his Store Managers made a good choice. At this point, pay is negotiated and asked what department I wanted to work in. As long as you can pass your background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw an employee stealing?   1 Answer
    • Explain how your past job will translate well into this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online and there were a lot of questions to answer, after that there were even more "What - If" scenarios presented. Overall I am very glad I applied as I love the stores.

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Easton, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The online application includes a personality test, which I passed, but I have no idea what they considered passing or failing. I got a call for an interview 2 days later and went in for a 30 minute interview of standard entry-level position questions. The supervisor who interviewed me then went to talk to the general manager for about 5 minutes and came back to tell me I should come in the next day for another interview. The next day I met with the general manager for a 20 minute interview for more questions similar to those of the 1st interview. Got hired as a Wireless Sales Consultant in the Best Buy Mobile Department.

Interview Questions

• "What would you consider to be your biggest weakness as an employee?"   1 Answer