Best Buy Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Manager Interview Questions

2.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phones interview process was painful and extremely specific to weed out many external candidates. Be prepared for in-depth, metric-based questions designed to give the unprepared lower standardized scores. In-person interview goes a little further in-depth around specific management experience and achievements. This was more of what would expect for a salaried management interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to have a difficult conversation as the Sales Floor Leader.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed within a week to set up a phone interview.
    On the interview, I was explained that the role is "managerial" (more so a team lead) with no direct reports at all, yet with the requirement to oversee, provide feedback and hold daily team meetings.
    This is the role of a manager that has the salary for it I would assume, yet they're looking to hire basically a sales rep, ($15 an hour) with the duties of a manager, to then provide updates and feedback to upper management. What came to light eventually is that this is a Retail Sales Rep position with the alleged title of a Sales Manager role. Was provided a time line, and basically they're looking to hire for the rush of Black Friday.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of a time where you've had to implement a strategy for an employees improvement to reach goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Online application, in person interview with the store manager, final interview with district level leadership. Standard questions for retail leadership, some "how would you handle this situation" questions. Success seems to depend on how well of a "fit" you are with the store leadership.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in sales, leadership, etc.
      How do you handle difficult customers/employees/situations   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Long overall process. About 5 interviews with there different manager. Must understand the company motto and overall p&l growth and overall development process. Must also have ability to speak in big groups and large function as well as add value

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manalapan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Manalapan, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Scripted questions: same questions for most positions. The questions are multiple part questions in which you have to answer each part individually and pay attention to detail. Questions are based on a single experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your business plan because the current plan wasn't working.   1 Answer

Pay increase wasn't significant enough for the increase in workload and travel distance for new position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Has been relatively quick and professional. Received tour of store and was overall a very positive experience. I am impressed with the promptness and timeliness in response to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Some questions are multi-part questions.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

First you apply online as initial screening, then hr phone interview, then in person with the store GM and maybe the local DM. Company is really needing talented sales managers right now so with any good sales management background you should be good to go

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

3-4 step interview process - Most questions are geared towards around specific work experiences you've had in the past (leading a team, customer problems, performance management). Pretty normal questionnaire compared to other companies in the same industry.

Interview Questions

• Know the community because you will be asked how to grow the local business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low ball at first, was able to negotiate and get more.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Know yourself as a person. Your strengths and weaknesses and what you are working on to get better. Interview for internal can be panel or one on one depending on position. Have very specific examples that you can use and can speak to clearly.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation at work with you or your team. How did you address it and how did you approach to fix the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Perrysburg, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

During the interview process I first did a phone interview, then moved on to a second interview that was in person. I had to wait out in Best Buy's lobby for a good twenty minutes after the time the second interview was suppose to be begin while the hiring managers ran through my paperwork. Sadly, I waited longer than how long it took to actually do the interview. Throughout the interview, which was really just a set of standard questions in any interview, the store manager who conducted it seemed most often distracted. Overall I would say Best Buy's professionalism (at least at this store) was very lacking.

Interview Questions

• If you witnessed an employee committing theft, what would you do?   1 Answer