Best Buy Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2017

2.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Estero, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was done with two mangers, with one being the store manager. Interview lasted about 45 to 60 minutes. Interview was casual and relaxed without any anxiety or pressure. I talked about my background, education and what I would be able to contribute to BB. I was explained the position and what was expected of me,

Interview Questions

• What work experience I had with former employers. What I was searching for in working with BB. What contributing talents I could bring to BB. Was I capable of dealing with customers that are could be irate or unfriendly.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pleasant Hill, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in 1 week. The process was smooth - i told them regarding my previous job experiences and i was hired on spot. My manager was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• how do you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2014.

Interview

Great interview, and the sales team was very kind and professional. They care about their customers and want their customers to have the best experience possible so they are looking to hire the best. Sales experience is a must and you should be acquainted with current electronics.

Interview Questions

• In prior jobs, could you explain how you demonstrated excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tustin, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

asked questions about why you wanna work there, asked if you have knowledge of their products. they did not make you sell anything, my interview personally was really straight forward and quick. maybe because they were hiring for seasonal and wanted to get people in there as soon as possible. the guy was nice, his name was Jacob not sure if he still works there.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you... what are your strengths/ weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Laurel, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

It was awesome just basic customer service question. Be yourself. they dont expect you to know much about the technology. all they are looking for is the customer service experience. you will be train on the job you applied for

Interview Questions

• basic customer service question. How will attend to an inrate customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aventura, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Called me in for an interview, asked me basic, psychological screening questions and questions about my job experienced. Made it to the second interview which was scheduled for 5:00, but the manager didn't bring me in until 5:45, at which point they told me I if I was chosen, I'd receive an email within the day. I received an email with a job offer after about 3 days.

Interview Questions

The fact that they were 45 minutes late, and I was interviewed in the same room where current employees were taking their breaks and coming in and out just turned me off to the whole experience. If they're that unprofessional and disorganized, it probably wouldn't have been a pleasant environment to work in.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It was fairly straight forward, had one interview to see if i met the requirements, followed by a second interview where I was offered te position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied during the busy holiday hiring frenzy and was thrown in a group interview with elimination and hiring decisions determined on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the norm, however try and be different from the previous speakers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Submit an electronic application online. A week later will receive a call from the human resources manager for the phone interview. Schedule a date for the in-person interview. Best Buy almost hire everyone at the in-person interview as it offers entry level positions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

They asked me about what I liked and hobbys as well as a series of leadership questions. they also do a in-depth previous job stage. as well as getting your availability and trying to gage if you know anything about the company. they try to get you to sell something to see your sales skills.