Best Buy Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Specialist Interview Questions

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

!st step is getting a call from the manager arranging for an interview. Next, you have a Sit-Down with the manager and head of the specific division (home theater in my case). Relaxed scenario with basic interview questions. and they will call or e-mail you if you are or are not under consideration for the job. Whole process took about two to three weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Group interview during holiday seasonal hire. Sort of like speed dating where supervisors were in their specific department and everyone started at different spots and eventually rotated through every supervisor. Questions were scenario based on how you would deal with angry customer or adversed situations.

Interview Questions

• Let's role play. I am a blind person, sell me this cell phone.   1 Answer

Received an offer for better employment elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Morgantown, WV) in September 2013.

Interview

I got a call back within about a week of applying online. After about half an hour of the interview it was clear that I was going to be hired. I was interviewed by both of the sales floor managers. After the interview it took about two weeks for the processing including drug test to go through.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you had to deal with adversity while selling and how did you handle the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Covina, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

there were two different interviews, the first was with an assistant manager of the area being applies for, then another interview with the supervisor of that area. no general manager interview.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with angry customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lancaster, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

First Interview with Department Manager
    Second with General Manager

Nothing is overly intimidating, they want to see your personality and how it fits within their store culture. Most managers are very nice and friendly. Best Buy believes in the power of their people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee stole from the store?
      How do you handle highly stressful situations?
      Are you willing to be a part of a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Spartanburg, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

When I started at Best Buy the interview process was different than it is now. I interviewed with the store manager and a sales supervisor. After they asked all the questions they had and asked me to wait in the hub while they discussed whether or not to offer me a position. When I returned to the SDR they had a written offer for a position for me. I signed the paper and then they scheduled for me to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty basic questions. Such as, should someone who steals be given a second chance. They asked me to give examples of experiences with customer interactions and how I responded to the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Long Island City, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Apply online. Get a call. Go in to meet one of the manager. Wait for another call. Meet the GM. SIgn the contract. Get drug tested. Pass and start working.

Interview Questions

• None. Most are about how honest you are and your reactions on theft.   1 Answer

Negotiation

GM pulls out a contract sheet. You sign if you want the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Roughly a week or two after applying, i received a phone call to set up an interview. The first personal interview asked me basic questions. I returned for a second where they basically handed me papers to sign and a drug test. If you make it to the second step, you are basically in.

Interview Questions

• All pretty basic interviewing question. Make sure to be customer focused in all answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

It was very informal, just the General Manager and myself, he asked me irrelevant things and things that I believed to be too personal, but he hired me at the end of the day so I couldn't really complain. At 18 years old it was a good spot for me to begin my working career.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Submit the application online. takes 3-5 days to get a phone interview. then after 2 days, interview with store manager. The process almost take 2 weeks. get an offer as sales specialist. the interview process was easy.