Best Buy Sales Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.6

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview

apply through their online system. Called and interview with GM. If not current emoloyee then phone screen first. Offered job. If not current employee then background and drug screening. Accept offer and then start after everything comes back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Questions were right to the point. Answer to the best of your ability and answer honestly. They were very nice and gave a comfortable interview environment. Dress nicely and good luck.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Standard questions, boring, the managers seemed disengaged and only went through the same tired book of interview questions. I brought my own questions to spice it up a bit. I did get the job but I was a interview from another store and I think I was the only applicant

Interview Questions

• What's your strength and weaknesses   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Two interviews, one with a sales manager then with the general manager. There are times when district gets involved but its rare. Pretty easy but you better make a good impression with personality. 90% of the time it is how well you connect with them rather than actual skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not get along with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the GM. Did some getting to know one another. Then started getting in to questions pertaining to the interview process. There were 20 other applicants for the position. And they had to narrow it down to 5. Seeing as I didn't receive a phone call or an email, I am guessing I was not top 5.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to stay with Best Buy?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I was a previously employed in the store and was working towards the opportunity. Mainly one on one and focused on how you would be an asset to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Murfreesboro, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Direct, and to the point. The questions were from a packet. Good content, and good scenarios. The management is very quick yet very thorough with their interview process. In a higher end interview like this, not much slips through the cracks.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle the issue, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer that I received was good; however, I didn't feel like it met the standards that I had seen elsewhere. I felt as though I was being offered a low amount to see if I would take it. I counter offered and ended up getting the pay I was looking for.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I had to submit a resume and follow up with the hiring manager. Made a power point presentation. It wasnt very long. It seemed to work because I got the job. It just took time to get into the building to get the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldnt do something for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy. they gave me a number and i took it

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

A quick review of the resume, review job history, why Best Buy?, what was the best part of your last job? what was worst part of last job? tell me about yourself, what is your greatest strength? what is your greatest weakness? typical questions for retail atmosphere

Interview Questions

• usually questions around "tell me about a time when you had a conflict/difficult customer/etc, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First phone interview is simple questions about availability, job duties, what attracted you to Best Buy, past jobs. Basically everything you'd put on a resume. Then you'll have an interview with a manager and ask questions like, "what would you do if..." Or "tell me about a time when..." Regarding coworkers or upset customers. When did you go above and beyond.
    Lastly you have a final GM interview where you may or may not get your job offer, based on final opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a co-worker, why, and what did you do to overcome that? Hard because you need to explain a negative but explain how you made it positive (hopefully)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for me. But you could counter the offer. If they really wanted you they might be willing to increase pay a little.