Best Buy Sales Transaction Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Sales Transaction Assistant Interview Questions

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Transaction Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The First interview with a supervisor or assistant manager, second interview with general manager when they normally hire you. Drug test is required. There is a list of questions that they MUST ask and generally follow.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Transaction Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was short and to the point, the manager was very precise on what he wanted. I was able to ask any questions I needed to know about and the manager was very helpful on letting me know what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone that was stealing from the store   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Champaign, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interview, first one was basically behavioral, tell us about yourself. The second round was meeting with the GM and a little more in depth about your personal life.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years, tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Apple Valley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair. This was an all day event. There were three interviews. The first interview was a group interview with about 10 of us around a table one by one answering the same basic questions. The second interview was a one on one interview with one of the department managers. It was very relaxed but straight to the point. The last interview was with the general manager. At this point, it was pretty clear that I had the job. Most of the questions were based around either working as a team, offering credit card services or customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and how did the customer respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't given a dollar amount until after I had already accepted. It was during the processing.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cypress, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It took me three interviews, and about a week after my last interview for them to inform their mutual interest in me. I had to drive to the store three different times. The first interview was with a Supervisor. My second one was with a Manager, and the last one was with the store manager. They all asked pretty much the same questions in a different way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a group of people to achieve the same goal. what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Maplewood, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

i applied online to many position and i got a call 2 days later asking about my availability and if i still wanted the job. of course i said yes and i got an interview the next day.after my fist interview the guy said am gonna let you talk to the GM. and in my head i was so happy that it was on the same day. the gm ask the same kind of questions like why should i hire you and how can i help a customer decide on which product they want

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (McKinney, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I really was not asked any professional questions.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the Back Office Lead. They ask you a few questions just to get to know you and to ask why you applied for the position. If that went well then they move you on to the next phase which is a face to face interview with Assistant Manager. This is usually the manager that you will work under. If they like what you had to say then you get to have a face to face interview with General Manager of the store you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went over and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Eagan, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the Back Office Lead man who scheduled for an interview. We played phone tag for a while but eventually things worked out. I went in for my interview and they made me wait about 10-15 mins (which after being hired, I noticed they did that to everyone). The first interview is with a department manager and if they call you back again after that you have a second interview with the store manager who will tell you that you're hired (most of the time). After that you have to submit a drug test and then usually call you in to fill out some paper work and give you your schedule.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that I wasn't prepared to answer. They were typical interview questions such as Why do you want to work here? How do you make the customer's shopping experience the best they've had? Questions like that. I went to google.com and researched interview questions and their answers in order to prepare myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, I just accepted what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Norridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Norridge, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a lengthy 2 week process. After filling out an application, I received a phone call--the absolute first and most important interview to get yourself through the door! There were 3 additional in-person interviews that I had to sweat through, but once you're opted in to the 3rd interview, you've got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Best Buy that compelled you to want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always know your worth, don't let them measure it for you.
    It was my first job so I couldn't really negotiate. But on promotions and raises, I showed them my worth and was appropriately compensated for it.