Best Buy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.1

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

A phone screen, followed by two interviews, one with your direct manager, and then the general manager. standard behavioral questions and ethics questions read off the page. Pretty enjoyable interview overall.

Interview Questions

• What are some unique challenges you might face at Best Buy with this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Hartsdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hartsdale, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I got there 15 minutes early for no reason because the guy showed up half-an-hour late so that was annoying. But other than that it was pretty simple. They asked about previous work experiences and availability and that's it. The manager who interviewed me was super chill.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience working in Sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a pre-interview and offered an interview. It was a two stage interview with the hiring manager and then the general manager of the store I applied to. Interview was smooth and fun!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ontario, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, pre-interview on the phone about hours, wage and 1-2 behavioural questions, followed by a request to set up an interview appointment for the following day. Interview was 10-15 minutes. 6-7 questions.

Interview Questions

• Best customer service experience ? What made it so great?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2017.

Interview

Interview went well (So I thought). Easy questions to answer. Very smooth process. Went to follow up with a phone call manager hung up the phone 3 times. Finally my 4th try a few days later I got in touch with him. The reply after I followed up was "Yeah, we were overstaffed the whole time." I asked "So this process was pointless?" He said "yes" and hung up the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they called me back a few days later, I interviews with the assistant store manager, then the next day i received a call to get interviewed by the GM

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Traverse City, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got called within a week. The lady asked if I could come in the next day. Once I got there I was told the position I originally applied for has been filled. She had recommended (with my skills with computers) to apply for Seasonal Sales Consultant on their kiosk. After I applied I waited about 30 minutes(they were interviewing others) she had taken me into a back room where the two managers where. He told me that BestBuy uses the same interview process across the board(every BestBuy asks the same questions from the same interview packet) After some questions he had asked me what I would like to be paid, I had told him I would like $10, he said no, we're going to give you no less than $11.

Interview Questions

• If you we're a supervisor, how would you handle an employee theft? (candy bar)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dothan, AL).

Interview

Applying for the job was simple enough. All that it required was going online on one of their in-store computers, filling out an application, and inserting the name of the employee who referenced you to the job (if there was one). The employee who referenced me also recommended that I apply at home as well for good measure. Within a short amount of time (perhaps a week or two), I was called in for an interview.

Come interview day, I found myself waiting with about two other people who, it turned out, would be interviewing with me as part of a group interview. Once we were called back, we were sat at a table in front of two managers who welcomed us, gave us some general information about the company, and asked us questions related to our past experiences in retail (if we had any) and how we may have dealt with difficult situations in those environments. After this, we were sent out so that the managers could evaluate their notes and consider who to hire.

After a few minutes, I was called back into the room. They offered me a job, which I accepted; however, I don't believe I was their first choice. It turns out that, according to the managers, one of the interviewees left after the interview and didn't come back, so an offer couldn't be extended to him, and the other interviewee declined the offer. So, they were left with me. After accepting the offer, they asked me my opinion on the best system to boost employee moral (e.g. bonus, employee of the month, etc.). They thanked me for my answer and I started to leave, but not before having my mismatched belt (black) and shoes (brown) critiqued by one of the managers. I understand now the importance of fashion rules, but the way she remarked about what I was wearing (which was otherwise harmless--light blue button down shirt with a knotted tie and khaki trousers) came across a bit sharply. This was perhaps my only negative takeaway from the interview (obviously not important enough to not take the job).

In a matter of days, I was called in for training, and the rest is history. Not at all a bad interview process. Just go in with your thoughts collected and any knowledge about the company which you can gather and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation which you were able to overcome with a positive resolution.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at their website. It took about 20 minutes. About a week later I got a call to schedule an interview. It went well and they hired me on the spot, although for a different position then the one I applied for

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview was simple and easy. It wasn't stressful at all since the managers were really nice and easygoing. The questions asked were the typical easy questions you would get asked at most entry level jobs.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came up to you and is complaining about something?   1 Answer