Best Buy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dothan, AL).

Interview

Applying for the job was simple enough. All that it required was going online on one of their in-store computers, filling out an application, and inserting the name of the employee who referenced you to the job (if there was one). The employee who referenced me also recommended that I apply at home as well for good measure. Within a short amount of time (perhaps a week or two), I was called in for an interview.

Come interview day, I found myself waiting with about two other people who, it turned out, would be interviewing with me as part of a group interview. Once we were called back, we were sat at a table in front of two managers who welcomed us, gave us some general information about the company, and asked us questions related to our past experiences in retail (if we had any) and how we may have dealt with difficult situations in those environments. After this, we were sent out so that the managers could evaluate their notes and consider who to hire.

After a few minutes, I was called back into the room. They offered me a job, which I accepted; however, I don't believe I was their first choice. It turns out that, according to the managers, one of the interviewees left after the interview and didn't come back, so an offer couldn't be extended to him, and the other interviewee declined the offer. So, they were left with me. After accepting the offer, they asked me my opinion on the best system to boost employee moral (e.g. bonus, employee of the month, etc.). They thanked me for my answer and I started to leave, but not before having my mismatched belt (black) and shoes (brown) critiqued by one of the managers. I understand now the importance of fashion rules, but the way she remarked about what I was wearing (which was otherwise harmless--light blue button down shirt with a knotted tie and khaki trousers) came across a bit sharply. This was perhaps my only negative takeaway from the interview (obviously not important enough to not take the job).

In a matter of days, I was called in for training, and the rest is history. Not at all a bad interview process. Just go in with your thoughts collected and any knowledge about the company which you can gather and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation which you were able to overcome with a positive resolution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at their website. It took about 20 minutes. About a week later I got a call to schedule an interview. It went well and they hired me on the spot, although for a different position then the one I applied for

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you knew a co-worker was stealing   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview was simple and easy. It wasn't stressful at all since the managers were really nice and easygoing. The questions asked were the typical easy questions you would get asked at most entry level jobs.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came up to you and is complaining about something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Boston, MA).

Interview

was not very specific. Set up an in person interview and sat with a manager and supervisor for about fifteen minutes. they called and a group of us showed up on Saturday morning. Ran through a few videos

Interview Questions

• Typical customer service questions on how to help others.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview for a seasonal customer service position. Contacted the day after I applied online. First you have a phone interview which is just about availability. They will set up an interview with the assistant manager. She was cool and she asked basic questions about customer service. If she likes you she'll set you up with a interview with the GM. She called me back within 2 days to schedule the appointment. The GM was really nice and easy to talk to. She said she loved my personality and would rather have me in gaming. You're really just selling your personality to them. I talked about how much I loved pokemon and interacting with people. Easy interview. You then get an e-mail you accept, do your drug testing, background check. BAM you're in.

Interview Questions

• Why Best Buy?   1 Answer
    • If you saw an employee stealing what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2015.

Interview

Process was 4 steps.

1) Initial application which is a standard brass ring application. Includes a personality and behavior test.

2) A short phone questionnaire with the stores back office worker, she will ask you about your interest and availability, unless you make it clear you're unfit she will schedule an interview with the assistant store manager.

3) Interview with the ASM occurs in-store. It's a relaxed one on one process with lots of ST AR questions I'll place some below. Interviewer gives you plenty of opportunities for questions with long pauses as he records your answers. Questions are all pre-made and not individualized. Business casual dress was appropriate. Being able to answer the questions without pausing and seeming confident will be vital. If the ASM has a good impression of you you'll likely have the job if you get the next interview.

4) Interview with general manager. This is more detailed and informational, he'll ask about goals and job history. He'll also ask some moral questions about theft, always answer report it/they should be let go. He will make you an offer here if he/she intends to hire you.

Overall the staff and interviewers were energetic and engaged, and seemed like they enjoyed their jobs.

Interview Questions

• What did you like (and not like) about working with a team.   Answer Question
    • When is a time you went out of your way to provide customer service.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about learning something on your own if you couldn't ask anyone else.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you witnessed a coworker stealing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will receive an offer depending on the managers opinion of your experience/if it looks like he might want to retain you.

You can accept, or refuse.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call the day after the pre-employment quiz. She asked for my availability. Can I work weekends, nights, and overnight? Will it be okay if I can't request any time off between November to January? Why do I want to work with Best Buy? She then scheduled my interview.

Interview Questions

• an I work weekends, nights, and overnight? Will it be okay if I can't request any time off between November to January? Why do I want to work with Best Buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a thoughtful process, Had my interview with a manager and the General manager the second time round.....Both interviews had me answer personality and retail questions........By far one of the most nerve wrecking interviews I've had in a long time.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this pen to me a customer who knows of pens but want the best experience to come back again?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

It took about 3 days for them to call after I applied decent interview wasn't hard questions seemed to have a nice interface with the guys there meet a few people first interview at the end I asked a lot of questions and they said they would call me In a week for a second interview, never got a call back never told me if I did or didn't get the job in 2 weeks haven't heard from them I think that's bad, very bad for a company to hang you out to dry without a e-mail or call I don't see how I couldn't have gotten a seasonal job with the knowledge I possess about electronics as i showed them what knew very bad Best Buy very bad.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview first, very brief and just some get to know you kinds of questions. A week later I had a store interview and I met with the store manager who was very pleasant and he made the interview very personable and relaxed. The questions were easy and the job thoroughly explained.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle co-workers who are hard to deal with?   1 Answer