Best Buy Wireless Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Wireless Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pasadena, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The Process is what appeared to be an automated selection of applications submitted via internet.

If your application was selected as part of the wave of applicants they took at that time, then you are put through a 3 part interview process where you have to come a total of 3 times before you are given the position.

No one interview can guarantee that you will be coming back in for the next one.

The First interview is your standard interview. A supervisor asks you personal questions to figure out what kind of person you are and then work ethic related questions to see if you fit their bill. After this is done they will say that is end of the interview and that they will call you back for a second interview.

If you never receive a call then consider that as a rejection

The Second interview will seem familiar to the song and dance described in the last interview. This time the only difference is that you will be interviewed by another Supervisor, Manager, or in some cases the GM. You may get some form of hint whether or not they will consider you after this point but it depends on the interviewer.

After this interview, it is the same thing. They will say be on the lookout for a call for the next interview. If you don get one, then consider it as a rejection.

The Third interview, 9 times out of 10 this is done by the GM. If not then a higher up manager. This will be a final set of questions or the GM presenting you with a job offer with pay included in the description. At this point it is up to you to decide if you want the job or not and if you sign and accept than you will be brought to a computer to fill out your standard information forms and accepting those terms and agreements for a background check.

After the results from your background check, they arrange drug testing for you and send you an email containing the address of a pre-approved clinic of their choice with an appointment made for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple, casual questions. Behavioral/past experience questions which could be answered using the STAR method. Definitely felt like a casual conversation. Was one of multiple people that was interviewed, and later came to find that what were obvious answers to questions were what they most looked for. Overall great experience and was thrilled at the speed of it all. Lasted around 30 minutes total for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview first, they asked me simple questions that screens you. She asked me to appear for an interview two hours later. The mobile manager met me up by the authorized personnel and we went to a back room to talk. She read off the questions from a paper and never looked up. She wrote down every answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you've overcome? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fairview Heights, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, but they evaluate your professionalism while being in such a comfortable environment. Asked about past employment, and customer service proficiency. Very standard interviewing. I interviewed with department manager and General manager.

Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Owasso, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later wanting to set up a time to speak with a manager. After this interview, you move on to the job offer with the general manager. If you get the interview with the GM, you have got the job. Don't let them low ball you! They give you a really low hourly wage offer but if you ask for more, you will get more.

You get evaluated on a yearly basis on a scale from 1 to 5. This is what raises are based on. The first year I received a 4 and got a 40 cent raise, then the next year I received a 4.5 and got a 30 cent raise. Two years and only making $10.81 is pretty disappointing.

However, you will work with great people and make life long friends. The discount is insanely good on a lot of products. There is extensive training involved, but it isn't that bad.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions such as: Describe a time when you worked as a team, how did it go? Were there any team members that didn't pull their weight?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The minimum wage at Best Buy is now $10.00/hr. When I interviewed, it was not. They offered my $9.00 and I said "could you do $10.00?" and they said yes with no hesitation. I wish I had asked for more!!

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oxford, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was less than stellar. It took 3 different interviews. Phone, in person by assistant manager, and then in person by store manager. This process started about a month after I applied online. The managers were fantastic and charismatic. I enjoyed working with them and may again in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is going to make me remember you? (not verbatim)   1 Answer

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Walked in and was asked a few questions by the manager, they offered me a job that day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Great interview process, easy and thorough. Asked great questions relating to the job so I could use my experience. For Mobile stand alone stores, potential employees have one interview but for Big Box Stores, potential employees have two or more interviews with an assistant manager and then the general manager.

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase as hourly wages are set based upon position.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sterling, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

the usual stuff. just be really confident, shake their hands, make eye contact, and for what ever reason, even if someone stole 10 cents, stealing is against company policy, and should not be tolerated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

really didn't have a say in the pay. management just said heres the pay, see u monday.

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Long Island City, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I honestly walked in for the hell of it to ask if they were hiring since I was studying in the starbucks next door. They recently had a job fair but told me to apply online and to call them once I did that. I had 2 interviews (from what I'm hearing of coworkers they requiire three now). The first interview with with one of the business group managers. Went over my past job experience and customer service. He liked me so much he called me a day later to book my second interview, this time with a general manager from another store since this store had a new manager coming in. The general manager covered customer service with me, what was going to school for and how my previous job experience was like. Asked me typical scenarios on how I handled customer issues and internal theft within the store. Aced the interviews and got hired as a seasonal. Within a year I made full-time. Easy peesy.

Interview Questions

• What's your best and worst attribute.   1 Answer