Best Friends Pet Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Friends Pet Care Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview, except they showed all (about 15 of us) around and then individually interviewed us. I waited three hours to be interviewed only for them to tell me that they couldn't consider me because of my appearance. Why they made me wait the whole 3 hours and waste my time? I don't know, wasn't hiding any of my work, no reason they couldn't say something sooner and save me the trouble.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to change appearance and sacrifice individuality? (This was what I was actually asked)   1 Answer

Animal Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I heard back within about a week asking to set up a time for an interview. After settling on a time, I came in and met with a group of people whom asked basic questions on previous work experience, availability... the standard interview questions. After going through a tour I was told that everyone who had interviewed would hear back either way. After not hearing back, I called and asked what the timeline was and if there were any changes. They informed me that I was a perfect candidate, however they could not hire me because I was not bilingual, and they needed a bilingual employee.

Interview Questions

• What number of pets is safe for one person to take care of at one time?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care in October 2010.

Interview

Your average...job interview, nothing special

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Ran pretty smoothly because I made an appointment. I was certainly qualified for the position but had to accept the low wages due to my personal situation. I thoroughly enjoyed the extended tour of the facilities and grounds. The actual interview/ negotiation leg of the process took place in the cattery.

Interview Questions

• Willing to work holidays and weekends?   1 Answer

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Sudbury, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

very friendly, although I'm not sure I would be getting the job. I was definitely overdressed, dress code I'd tee shirts and either jeans or khakis. As a very large indoor boarding kennel, there was a walk through, and the place was very clean for what it was.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

A brief interview, maybe lasting 10 minutes. They asked about my experience, and spelled out the Disney rules to see if the job would be a fit. There were three managers interviewing me at once.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care in September 2015.

Interview

Very nice facility, they took me on a tour before I did my interview with the manager, it's very big. Manager was very nice and up front, got offered the position that day.

Interview Questions

• are there any dogs your afraid of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, but still wish I could get paid more, but the benefits make up for it ; )

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care.

Interview

Walked in to get an application to fill out and was called back in for an interview less than a week later. At interview, was asked if i had any experience caring for dogs in my past, which i had. the also asked about my availability to work mornings, weekends and holidays.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the passing of one of the pet guests during their stay at the Inn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Ridge, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Chestnut Ridge, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I went in to the store and picked up an application. I dropped it off. I was called for an interview a couple days later. The interviewer was very nice and asked me basic questions about my experience. The most important thing she asked was if i could work on weekends and holidays (because that is when they are the busiest)

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with animals other than your own?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Marietta, GA) in April 2008.

Interview

They had me fill out a job application and, if I remember correctly, there was a packet with questions to gauge how good a match you would be as an animal care technician and then they interviewed me in person afterwards one-on-one. They ask you really easy question. It's pretty obvious how they would like you to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They allowed me to negotiate a bit. I ended up getting paid a little more than some of my coworkers.