Best Friends Pet Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Friends Pet Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

1.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care in June 2008.

Interview

Had to make sure prospect is good with and respectful towards animals. Not many requirements for this job other than that, so interview process was not very in depth.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Kissimmee, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Great communication, very friendly, would love to work with them, they gave me a tour and then proceeded with a group interview. I received a call back within a week and was happy to hear the results. This sounds like a fun envoi rent and you get to work with pets. Yay!

Doggy Daycamp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy, the women that interviewed me didn't care and i was over-qualified. They were very easy, basic questions. Difficult to get any wrong, weren't really wrong or right answers. She was very impressed that someone so overqualified wanted to work there and i think she tried to talk me out of the job.

Animal Care Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care.

Interview

I was looking for a part-time job to make some extra income. I figured that caring for animals would be an enjoyable experience, so I decided to give it a shot.

I submitted a resume and heard back from the manager a few days later. I was pleased by how quickly I received a response. The following week, I met up with the manager for a face-to-face interview.

The interview process itself was a breeze, and the manager was very accommodating and patient with me. I was also given a brief tour of the facilities.

The manager phoned me later in the week and offered me the job. I asked what the hourly pay would be and was disappointed to find out that it was too low for me to accept. I had no choice but to politely decline.

I love animals and can handle even the dirty and less pleasant tasks. However, the amount of responsibility and physical labor for such low pay dissuaded me from accepting the position.

Kennel Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Durham, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Quick, easy and i loved the manager (Heather). Known her for a while before starting. Very happy person and outgoing. worked with the staff in the back as well in the front.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care.

Interview

It was easy, in retrospect i was not fully informed as to the hardships and difficulty of the job. Pretty standard interview. I did have to wait for a long time and had to read a lot and watch videos. I never even got all my certifications done. Pretty disorganized

Interview Questions

• Basically how i would lead the team if we had differing opinions   1 Answer

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Marietta, GA) in April 2008.

Interview

They had me fill out a job application and, if I remember correctly, there was a packet with questions to gauge how good a match you would be as an animal care technician and then they interviewed me in person afterwards one-on-one. They ask you really easy question. It's pretty obvious how they would like you to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They allowed me to negotiate a bit. I ended up getting paid a little more than some of my coworkers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Ridge, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Chestnut Ridge, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I went in to the store and picked up an application. I dropped it off. I was called for an interview a couple days later. The interviewer was very nice and asked me basic questions about my experience. The most important thing she asked was if i could work on weekends and holidays (because that is when they are the busiest)

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with animals other than your own?   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care.

Interview

Walked in to get an application to fill out and was called back in for an interview less than a week later. At interview, was asked if i had any experience caring for dogs in my past, which i had. the also asked about my availability to work mornings, weekends and holidays.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the passing of one of the pet guests during their stay at the Inn?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care in September 2015.

Interview

Very nice facility, they took me on a tour before I did my interview with the manager, it's very big. Manager was very nice and up front, got offered the position that day.

Interview Questions

• are there any dogs your afraid of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, but still wish I could get paid more, but the benefits make up for it ; )