Best Western Front Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Western Front Desk Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Western

2.0

Front Desk Interview

Interview

The interview was fairly casual. I went through two interviews and roughly described my work skills and experience. Each interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. Wages were discussed and non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible in your schedule to work any hours needed?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any prior hospitality experience?   Answer Question
  • Are you a team player or better suited at working alone?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any basic computer skills, if so, what are they?   Answer Question
  • Is your long term plan to stay with this industry/company, or is this job mostly intended for gaining entry level experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you are flexible with your schedule and emphasize your flexibility in your application and at the interview. Be confident, well dressed, and convey professionalism.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Western

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Lakewood, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

I saw an ad online, my first mistake, for a full time front desk agent at the Best Western Denver Southwest. It was half 2nd shift and half night audit. I submitted my resume and was called by a nice manager. I overlooked the background noise of screaming kids because she was so nice, on the phone at least. We set up a interview for a few days later. I drove the 30 miles to get to the location and was met with the manager and assistant GM. We talked for about 30 minutes. I was asked the usual questions, STAR format. I was told the manager would call either way to let me know. She never called and left me hanging for a week. Very unprofessional by the management at this location.I saw another ad online about a month later which did not surprise me at all.

Anonymous Employee in Blackwell, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Blackwell, OK) in August 2012.

Interview

only had one interview, interview was average. I sat down with the manager, assistant manager, and owner. I felt confiedent in my interview and apperantly they liked me because I got the job and i am still here.

Interview Questions

• are you confident in your work, if you say yes you sound cocky if you say no you sound like you are a poor assest   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Tuesday. One week later at 4pm had interview with GM and Manger in the conference room at the same time. They were very friendly and asked about 5/6 standard interview questions. They called me back later than evening and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you can an angry customer, phones ringing off the hook, and busy lobby?   1 Answer
    • What are TWO weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a low wage. I asked for a dollar more, but then they raised their offered up to their the maximum start rate up 50 cents.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, about 1 week later I received a call offering an interview opportunity the next day.

I arrived for my interview 10 minutes early. I was seen immediately in a meeting room. It was a fairly straightforward interview, asking about my experience. I volunteered that I am able to multi-task and the manager affirmed that quality was needed. Discussion about the job and pay range was offered ($9-10/hr). Probationary period is 30 days, after which time they offered a $.50/hr increase.

The do explain that the job is related to checking customers in, but you will also be responsible for breakfast cleanup and keeping the laundry going.

I do feel like the manager liked my experience and phone conversation, so the interview was just to make sure I wasn't crazy or a pothead.

Negotiation

I requested a higher pay due to my experience and negotiated a higher rate after the first 30 days.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Resume was submitted in person. The first interview was a meeting with front desk manager in which the job requirements were explained and interviewee was asked if the requirements could be handled. The second and final meeting was the hotel manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• No challenging questions. Very basic questions like, "Do you think you could handle that?" Felt more like an informational interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No flexibility in terms of employment. Take it or leave it conditions.

Anonymous Employee in Holbrook, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Holbrook, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Was called in a week after I turned in my application. I sat down with the general manager and front desk manager. They asked me routine questions, why do I want the job, what sets me apart from anyone else, what can I bring to the team, etc etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me the job, right on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Western (Woodbridge, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

very simply.had an interview with the front office manager. He was really nice. Took about 20 to 30 minutes. Called me in about 2weeks with a job offer and i started the next day. very nice place to work. i loved it.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western (Clarksville, AR).

Interview

Met with Mike (who was GM/Owner at the time). Pretty standard interview. Reviewed prior experience and current 'plans.' He called back a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember anything sticking out- just the normal questions.   Answer Question