Best Western Guest Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Western Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Western

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western (State College, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Emailed resume and received phone call within 4 days. Met with assistant manager, and called a second time to meet with manager. Standard interview questions with a lot of emphasis on my availability because of football season coming soon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not talk about pay until second interview

Other Interview Reviews for Best Western

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Western (Woodbury, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied to an online ad for the position. There were a few emails and calls back and forth about the job. Then an in person interview at the hotel was setup. The interview took about 30 minutes, maybe more. A few days later, the decision was made and I was contacted. I was then asked about a start date and training schedule was arranged.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in hotel business, examples of good customer service you've experienced, how does what you've learned in past jobs relate to this, how flexible are you with hours, how are you working under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (San Dimas, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Questions about my experience. You must have some hotel experience at this particular hotel.
    It was a sit down one on one with the General Manager. He asked a series of questions. Then the General Manager described the job and the requirements pertaining to this position.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Western (Denton, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was to the point. They mostly wanted to know about my previous customer service experience. I was given scenarios on customer interaction and asked how I would respond/react in those scenarios. I was then told I'd hear from them soon with a decision. I reached out in the next week and was told they had been busy but they liked me and wanted to hire me so I started about two weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel being on call for shifts?   1 Answer
    • What would you do in the case a customer was rude and demanding money back/discount?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work in a team? Alone?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The pay was what it was. However, I was informed about raise opportunities and since there was a bar on site we took home all cash tips and credit/room charge tips were added to our weekly check.

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Moscow, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

There's 3 portions to the interview. If you do well you keep moving on to a higher management until you get to the assistant manager. You start with the front desk manager, than a manager from another area(at least for me that's how it went) and finally the assistant manager.once you get to the assistant manager it's a quick 2-3 minute interview because all the prescreening has already been done