Bet365 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bet365 Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Sub Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bet365 (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online for the role, I was invited in for an interview with two of the senior members of the publishing team.

The interview itself was split into three different parts, and in total lasted around two hours. First and foremost, there was a lot of initial questions about the company and what I know about them. Make sure you really dig into what the company is about and show off what you know about their products. After, this I had a range of competency-based questions, as well as a look into my suitability for the role. Standard questions, but a lot of them.

The second part of the interview consisted of three different writing and subbing tests. Nothing overly difficult, but again, it's important to look into how the company shape their text and promotions.

Finally, I had a few more basic questions and then an overview of the role and what to expect. I was offered the job a week later.

Software Developer Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bet365 (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Software Developer Contract position
    one face to face interview in the new Manchester office.
    two persons interviewed asking technical questions
    Asked about SQL indexes,
    DAtaq base question about high transcational daa flow.
    C# Solid principles, where you use them with examples from the last project
    Worst day in a Job, what did you learn from it etc

Interview Questions

• Asked about SQL indexes,
      DAtaq base question about high transcational daa flow.
      C# Solid principles, where you use them with examples from the last project
      Worst day in a Job, what did you learn from it etc
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bet365.

Interview

Telephone interview which was quite technical
    Written test which was easy enough, mostly TSQL covering left joins, inner joins, one to many relationships and simple grouping question.
    None of it was on a pc, all had to be hand written, I think there were around 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if during a release you realised a script had failed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straighforward

Customer Account Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bet365 in January 2017.

Interview

I didn't even apply for this job, but they found my CV online. I agreed to have a chat with them about the role but when they called the lady I spoke with didn't even know that. She asked me why I had chosen to apply for this role and I awkardly responded that I hadn't. She then decided to conduct a phone interview anyway. I got an email the day after saying I was invited for a face-2-face interview in their offices in Stoke. On the plus side they paid for the flight, which was the only reason I even went. Sorting out the booking was a farse, they found super awkward flights and wanted me to come in and fly out on the same day. As if you can deliver a great interview if you've been up since 2 am. When I got there, Stoke in itself was the most depressing place I've ever been to. I think the graveyard I passed on my way to their offices was a sign of what was to come. It really didn't get better when I got to their main offices. I waited for a while in the clinical-feel reception area and my interviewer were late. When I finally met the interviewer they were friendly and tried to make me relax as we went to the interview room. However, what followed wasn't great. I got the classic questions such as what sports do you follow and a bunch of competency based questions. The two interviewers were unprofessional, one of them even blurted out sexual innuoendos. I have never felt so awkward. Apart from the one interviewer who basically spoke without thinking, the other one sat there as a statue and gave a really judgy vibe, making me feel really stupid. The questions were easy enough but I found that the interviewer kept repeating what I said, and told me what I felt about the situations I described. The interpretations were dead wrong and I kept on having to repeat myself. The interviewers came across as really unprepared. After the very awkward interview, I was put in the team I would be working with. The account advisor I was paired up with clearly wasn't prepared and it was just 15 super awkward minutes where I tried to ask questions. Next I had the translation test, which was the most pleasant part of the experience. While I was completing the test I sat in the open office space, and one thing I really couldn't get past was the horrible air. It was literally no ventilation system so it didn't take long till I got a headache. Overall, I found the interview to be quite easy, but I was really put off by the unprofessional conduct of my interviewers, the lack of enthusiasm of the staff I met, and the horrible working conditions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had to do something you didn't want to do?
      Tell me about a time you've felt that everything around you was complete chaos and falling apart. How did you respond?
      What sports do you follow?
      How can the skills you have be transferred into this role?
      What do you know about our company and what we do?

International Content Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bet365 (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was approached by bet365 after I had uploaded my CV onto an employment website. I had a first 15min interview on the phone. Later, I had a 1-1,5h skype interview with two managers. The interview was very nice and relaxed and the questions were not too difficult. After 30-40min I passed on to the translation test to be completed in one hour. The translations were from English into the target language and consisted of website content. After the test, I had another conversation with one of the managers who explained me the benefits.
    Overall, the interviews were good and the interviewers were clam and patient.
    I am just disappointed that I have never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best friend.
      What areyour strenghts and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bet365 in September 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, very relaxed, standard senario questions, lasted 20 mins. Face to face arranged for following week. Face to face was on a 1-2-1 basis. Made to feel at ease. 15 mins intro to the business. Followed by a maths test an pc test. Maths was 8 minutes and answer as many questions as possible. Pc was 5 holidays an 5 different families, 15 minutes to match each family to a holiday and total cost, allowed to use calculator. Had to pass both tests to proceed to interview stage. Interview was really easy, just talk about ur experience and its relevance to bet365.

Interview Questions

• you run a bar an police come in an tell you there are fake id's being used. what do you do? half the people in your bar have these id's!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be yourself, its not like an interview
     I spent 2 hours witb sarah an she was really nice, answered everything i asked. It was just sitting an chatting about bet365, where u see ur career going an why do you want to work for them.

Rewards Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gibraltar (Gibraltar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bet365 (Gibraltar (Gibraltar)) in September 2016.

Interview

Skype based interview - Breif introdction lightly skipping over who attendees are and what they do straight into very structured questions. Lasted 45 minutes before further details of the role are very quickly discussed. Certainly not the easiest way / process and could have been easier in person. The Skype format really did not allow for any type of rapport to be built mainly due to the lack of visability of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What tactics would you eploy to motivate staff and what could be the possible negatives in doing so.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bet365 (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Made to feel at ease, asked what I knew about the company , then I was asked to do a 8 minute maths test ( no calculator ),then a 12 minute English test. After passing both of these I had a one to one interview with mandatory questions. Was in the interview for just under 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about bet365. When did you go the extra mile. When did you deal eith an angry customer.   5 Answers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bet365 in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly and always attentive if you needed anything or had any doubt. They made me feel so comfortable. Presentation of the company, translating texts and finally face to face interview, where they asked simple questions to know you better, no nerves! Just believe in yourself.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about ur skills and about the job possition u are applying.   7 Answers

Negotiation

if you like working in customer service, I think it is a great opportunity to develop yourself occupationally in this sector.

Customer Due Risk Diligence Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bet365 (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, they rang promptly at time at 5pm General questions what do I know about Them, what would I bring to the team, my interests, then 2 competency based questions. Have I ever dealt with a difficult customer, and tell them about a time when I had to do something I didn't want to do.interviewer not very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What do I now about betting. What skills I can bring to the team   1 Answer