Bethpage Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bethpage Federal Credit Union

2.4

PT Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

They are professional where you have to have a resume with you when you apply and bring to the interview. I made sure that i dressed the part for both interviews, They called me first and asked questions about my availability, starting pay ($15) and training. They have a month long training and you cant have any days off. Then I was called in for a 1 on 1 interview. They asked me more questions about my past job experiences, dealing with cash, customer service, sales experience etc. Then after that interview they sent me to another interview with the branch location. Similar questions but there were two people interviewing me instead of one. After that interview I got a call from the recruiter who i originally spoke to on the phone and they told me I didn't get the job and couldn't give me any feedback as to why but they would call me if anything else comes up.

Interview Questions

• What does great service looks like to me?   1 Answer
    • Have I ever had to sell anything before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union (Long Island City, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, then 1-1 interview with hr. Then met with the branch manager to interview with him .. then they did a background check as well as drug test..
     The interview process was not difficult nor long..

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union in March 2019.

Interview

Simple interview over the phone, some scenario based questions for accounting but nothing that was not basic. Make sure you touch on any technological experience that you may have because it is something that they are looking at improving.

Interview Questions

• Define Debit and credit etc   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union (Bethpage, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

There were two interviews, one with an HR employee and one with who would be your branch manager. They asked questions involving past work experience and your personality to determine if you are driven and hard working.

Interview Questions

• What are three words you think your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union in August 2018.

Interview

Well the interview started off fine, but they started to give me weird looks. The interview went from a positive atmosphere to an awkward experience. I get treated with more respect from the ice cream man than from Bethpage Federal Credit Union.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest thing you took away from your previous job experiences?   Answer Question

Bethpage Federal Credit Union Response

Nov 8, 2018 – VP, HR & Learning

Thank you for your review. At Bethpage we place a huge emphasis on Member Experience, Employee Experience and Candidate Experience. We’d like to further discuss your interview to understand how we can improve this process. Please contact me for a confidential conversation at 516-349-6880 to further discuss.

Corporate Affairs and Charitable Giving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union (Bethpage, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

the interview process for this specific position was very straightforward and professional. i did a phone interview with my supervisor that was both convenient and informative. the interview process was overall very positive.

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union (Bethpage, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

There was a mock simulation that was taken, after that was passed there were two interviews. The two people interviewing made things feel relaxed and were happy to elaborate on any questions that I had. The second interview was similar to the first, a bit more in-depth with questions regarding seeing past work experience situations and asking "where do you see yourself in the next 5 years". Overall, the process was smooth and prompt

Interview Questions

• Speak about a time when you had to collaborate with another co-worker ?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied for the position online and got a call from an in-house recruiter about a week later. The woman was polite and did her best to tell me a little about the position despite it not being a role that was clearly defined when posted. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager didn't do a great job of explaining the role and expectations, yet she asked a lot of specific questions like, "What would you do in your first 60 days here?" Hard question to answer when you didn't really tell me what you were looking for. It was clearly a newly created role and she hadn't quite yet figured out what she wanted out of it. I was asked a bunch of typical canned interview questions that you just want to roll your eyes at - show some originality, please. As I was leaving the hiring manager took the opportunity to let me know how many great candidates she had in the running and it was clear I was not one of them.

After the interview, I followed up with the HR person several times and no one ever responded. A lot of companies do this - they ghost you after you took the time from your job to come in and meet with them and they can't even give you the common decency of letting you know they aren't moving forward with you.

Ironically - the position was reposted a few days ago, about 4 weeks after I interviewed, so I guess she didn't have as many great candidates as she said.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Babylon, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union (West Babylon, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Asked questions about customer service experience. What my long and short term goals are and overall a conversation to see how your personality will mesh in a constant interaction with people

Interview Questions

• What are you long and short term goals/why Bethpage?   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bethpage Federal Credit Union (Hempstead, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was great. The people are extremely friendly. Had a interview at the head office. Next day had an interview at the branch. The interviews were very calming if you're into the friendly talkative kind of environment then I would suggest going for it. Overall the hiring process was great and smooth.