Bettis Laboratory Associate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bettis Laboratory

2.5

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bettis Laboratory (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two interviews, one over the phone, and one on-sight. Initial interview consisted of basic questions regarding experience and education. Follow-on interview was performed under escort at the laboratory.

Other Interview Reviews for Bettis Laboratory

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bettis Laboratory (West Mifflin, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online. A month later, I received a call from the hiring manager. He discussed about the position and asked a little bit about my work experience. A week later an HR representative scheduled me for an on-site interview. They paid for my hotel and transportation. At the interview your HR rep will meet you first and discuss about the company, benefits, security clearance, etc. They will also give you forms for the drug test, physical exam, info about the relocation, etc. But these forms are to be filled out only when you have been extended an offer and you accepted the offer. Then you will have your picture and fingerprints taken just in case you will get an offer, this is to speed up the application process. After that, you will meet with the interviewer. My interview took about an hour with just the hiring manager, he discussed about their current projects and the things that the position will work on. As he discuss the project he asked me things on how am I going to solve those problems, it was mostly about how will I attack and solve a problem. There were some awkward moments when the interviewer didn't have anymore questions for me because HR scheduled the interview for an hour and a half and we pretty much covered everything in the interview in just about an hour. After that they will tell you the usual yadda yadda we will call you in two weeks. Then a car will be waiting outside of the company to take you back to the airport.

I suggest you get in touch with them in two weeks because I believe they really don't contact the applicant if he/she didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Just review the job description and concentrate on the things that you have done before that relates to the preferred qualifications of the position. They are mostly interested in how you are going to solve a problem than the behavioral stuff. Also, if you can bring a sample of your previous work/projects that would really help.   Answer Question