Bettis Laboratory Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bettis Laboratory Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bettis Laboratory

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bettis Laboratory (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for about 14 different positions at Bettis throughout my final year of my graduate degree (Nuclear Engineering), as Bettis is a leader in nuclear design and engineering and seemed like a good place to work from what little information I could find about them. I was contacted via phone about 2-3 months after applying online for the specific positions the hiring managers were contacting me about to bring me in for an interview. They offered to pay for all expenses for the interview and brought me to a hotel in Pittsburgh were they had brought about 40+ other people (over 2 days) in to interview for various positions. It started out with a presentation about Bettis, and they did an excellent job at selling the company, very appealing work environment overall. Then they had us go to various hotel rooms which they took the beds out of and replaced with a desk and chairs and whichever managers had scheduled an interview with us (most people had 2-3) would come in at scheduled times to talk with us for 45 minutes. The interviews were more so discussions than they were technical or difficult interview, I'm guessing that they brought us in because we have the credentials to work at the lab, but the interviews are more so to see where we would be a good fit. Both interviews I had were very enjoyable discussions, I would have loved to work for either, but I also got to rank which group I wanted to work with so that would be taken into account as well if I were to be brought on. Talking with other interviewees afterwards, they all had similar experiences. If I got an offer, I would almost for sure take it.

One word of caution though, all of the jobs at Bettis (I think) require some sort of security clearance, which means if hired, you will need to wait a few months before you can start working, so if money is an issue, they will not be very helpful in between the job offer and you getting your security clearance and being able to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No option to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Bettis Laboratory

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bettis Laboratory.

Interview

When offered an in-person interview, I asked the recruiter if I could stay a day or two after to explore and learn more about the area, as the area is more of a draw for me than the job itself. They offered a shuttle service from the airport, I said I had wanted to rent a car. That request was met with "on your own dime", well okay, whatever. I went through their travel agency to book a flight and the agent wouldn't expand the travel dates (even though I offered to cover the hotel) because it "wasn't authorized" by the recruiter. Frustrated, I didn't fiddle with it. I would have driven there if I had time... Anyway so the interview.... They schedule like 20-30 other interviews simultaneously with you offsite in a hotel so be prepared to be crammed into a little conference room for the orientation. Weirdest venue for an interview ever. They also give you a huge packet of paperwork(harbinger of things to come?) and let you know it will be over half a year before you could get a security clearance and start working there. I will say though, I kept an open mind and in the end of the orientation was rather impressed with the company. Then we we're sent to a little hotel room to function as our own interview location. Okay. Weird again. Towards the end of the interview I felt rather impressed and welcome on the team. If I get an offer, I will probably accept it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in which a customer changed their mind about what they wanted during the development process. how did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chad, KY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bettis Laboratory (Chad, KY) in January 2009.

Interview

Started with a very brief HR interview which consisted of several behavoiral based interview questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bettis Laboratory.

Interview

There were two interviews that were pretty difficult and required you to be quick on your feet. Overall the interviews went well, and all of the people were pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my problem solving process if there was a leak in a pipe.   Answer Question