BevMo! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BevMo! Interview Questions

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BevMo! (Palm Desert, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Tough to get an interview, interview number one was very connection based, not from the standard book of questions. Interview number two was more corporate structured and from the standard book of questions. The more connection based interview was aligned with my personality and this got me to the next step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in 10 minutes early, and the manager told me to wait around for awhile while he took care of something in the back. The interview lasted 5 minutes. He definitely was in a rush with me.

Interview Questions

• What do your weekends look like?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BevMo!.

Interview

Had an interview with a DM who seemed very interested and excited. Very positive interview feeling like I got the job. She even told me what store she was considering me for and told me to check out the store before my second interview. She was to call me to schedule a second interview with regional manager.

Never heard back and he flat out did not return my emails or phone calls. What is happening with professionalism in these companies? A simple phone call saying that they decided not to go with me would be appropriate.

Why would she tell me to go check out the store to get ready for the second interview and then very unprofessionally not even return a phone call to tell me that I was no longer being considered?

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BevMo! (Bremerton, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring proses was via e-mail. There were no 1:1 interviews with the company. The whole proses was all by internet. The company relied upon the e-mail and internet proses.

Interview Questions

• had I worked for the company before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! (El Centro, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, boring and not very comprehensive. Covered basics but felt rushed. Seems like people come and go often which makes one wonder about the quality of those hired or those managing them. Interview did little to make on feel confident that they plan on you being there very long. No time spent on store understanding or care. Wondering if they plan on being around for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work there   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (Ventura, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

They ask you to pick a product to sell during interview. The interview was conducted in the back of the store with the manager and 4 other job seekers. Very casual enviornment. you are ask about yourself. What is a good and bad customer experience? Then you are asked to talk about the product you pick out.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BevMo?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online after I saw a job ad on Craigslist. Heard nothing for a few weeks, then received an email inviting me to a group interview. I think this was a mass email to everyone who had applied recently. There were two appointments for the interviews, a Tuesday and a Thursday the following week, and the store manager said he would reply to confirm the date I picked. I picked Tuesday and emailed back immediately. He didn't reply until several days later, on the morning of the interview.

I showed up about 15 minutes early. The store manager came out and told us to grab a bottle of alcohol, any kind we'd like, because we were to do a sales pitch. The interview started and there were three other candidates. There was just one interviewer, the store manager. He seemed like a really nice, chill guy. The interview turned out to be really fun (for an interview) and laid back, not too intimidating for a group interview. He would ask each question to the group as a whole, so whoever wanted to share first could take the initiative, then everyone else would take turns answering.

The questions were the standard "tell me about yourself", why do you want to work here, share examples of good & bad customer service you've had at other stores, etc. Nothing personal that would be uncomfortable to share in a group setting (e.g. "why did you leave [x] job" or "explain this gap in employment"), so that was tactful of him. Then we did our sales pitches and everyone seemed to do well on that. Then he shared more about BevMo and the job responsibilities, let us ask questions, then told us when he'd let everyone know the hiring decision (end of that week). He said they were looking to fill 5-7 positions. Whole interview took about 45 minutes.

I sent a thank you email two days later, on that Thursday. The stated "decision day" came and went and I never heard anything again. A few weeks later I logged on to the job application site and saw that my application had been marked "closed" at some point, I guess meaning that all the needed positions were filled. I was really surprised as I thought I did everything right! I have a few years of relevant experience and my answers were pretty well prepared, I thought. I answered first sometimes but not all the time, I played off of other people's answers, and the interviewer really seemed to like & engage with some of my answers. I honestly thought I was a stronger interviewee than at least one or two out of the three other interviewees. Maybe 20 people showed up to the second group interview and there were just more stronger candidates out of the total pool. I'll never know, I suppose.

This is really common with chains, but I think it's very rude that they can't take a few minutes to send a form rejection email to everyone who interviewed and didn't make the cut. Especially after I sent the thank you note and everything. Honestly baffled as to what I did wrong, why they thought I wasn't a good candidate. Maybe I shouldn't be so frustrated as it's just a retail job, but I think this is a better gig than most -- it seems fun and learning more about beer & wine would be interesting and a socially useful skill. (As an aside, it seems tricky to communicate "I like & am interested in alcohol" [to show why you're interested in this company specifically] without sounding like an alcoholic, lol!)

Interview Questions

• Share an example of good/bad customer service you've had at another store recently.   1 Answer
    • Pick a bottle of alcohol you like and do a sales pitch to the interviewer.   1 Answer
    • Is it sometimes OK to break the rules?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Had a pretty good conversation with the recruiter. Was told needed to wait until new vp started ton present candidates. Found it odd that over a period of waiting 2 months for someone to start and recruiter contacting me via email almost weekly that all of a sudden I was sent a rejection email.
    Why would they go through a screening process, ask if relocation assistance was needed, and ask if a bonus was needed before the hiring manager had a chance to start if they didn't know what the person was looking for? Also found it odd to be asked about relocation and bonus as part of a screening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo! (Mira Mesa, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

They asked standard questions. Very straight forward.They ask about past experiences and how you settled them.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BevMo! (Seattle, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

My interview was setup over the phone and confirmed via email. When I arrived I found that it was all for nothing. It was actually an "Open House" to ask any questions of the company and maybe to see some of the other people going for the jobs. The District Manager apologized for the mistake but all in all was pretty ho-hum about the mixup. Quite frustrating when you are looking for new work and have jot take time off for an interview that never happens.

Interview Questions

• The questions were up to the mislead prospects to the DM.   Answer Question