BevMo! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

1.8

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted numerous applications for a specific location for both store manager and assistant manager positions. After not hearing back (ever) I tried to get in touch with the HR Dept, but they do not give that info out. A chat rep forwarded my inquiry and I wound up getting a call from the current store manager of the store I was applying to. She advised that even though I had applied for certain positions and they were site-specific on the website, they were actually across-the-board applications for every location in geographical area. The website does not imply this when you submit an application, as it makes you choose the specific location you are applying to. No wonder I never got a call back. The BevMo website makes it seem like there are many open management opportunities, when there actually are not. BevMo needs to fix this and only advertise open positions on their career website. The constant advertising of management positions makes it seem as though the company is having an issue with turnover and retention. So, when you apply with BevMo it is a gamble, because they actually may not have any positions available at the location you applied to despite what their website list; and you may never hear back either way unless you contact them.

Interview Questions

• We actually don't have any positions available even though the website says we do.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (Encinitas, CA).

Interview

Steve just brought me to the breakroom and asked a couple of questions. He asked about my education and about my prior work experience. He also inquired about my knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I meet with the manager first thing in the morning, per his request. He was friendly, open and knowledgeable with an easy way going about the interview process. It was explained that there would be a 2nd interview and then a meeting with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a deliver came and your intake delivery manager called in sick that day?   1 Answer

Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BevMo! (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First had an informal, pre-interview chat with the Assistant Manager while I waited for the Store Manager. The interview itself was pretty straightforward - Discussed personal interests, was asked about my prior experience and why I wanted the job.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (West Covina, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the store just a few days later. The day of, I interviewed with an employee and then with an assistant manager. The entire interview process couldn't have been more than 20 minutes.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First initial interview was with a store manager, next with DM and 3rd with another store manager. Had to reach out to someone, no one followed up until I reached out a week later. Good people just need better structure for interviewing, also no courtesy e-mail from corporate on final decision.

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Bruno, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I came in and the ASM showed me around the store and asked me a couple things like what my favorite drink was i said stouts and he also liked them as well.

Interview Questions

• What kind of beer do you like?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BevMo! (Palm Desert, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Tough to get an interview, interview number one was very connection based, not from the standard book of questions. Interview number two was more corporate structured and from the standard book of questions. The more connection based interview was aligned with my personality and this got me to the next step.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BevMo!.

Interview

Asked pretty standard questions, took about half an hour. Asked questions such as why do you want to work here, do you have any experience in sales and with alcohol, what is your desired salary, describe when you had to deal with an irate customer, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in 10 minutes early, and the manager told me to wait around for awhile while he took care of something in the back. The interview lasted 5 minutes. He definitely was in a rush with me.

Interview Questions

• What do your weekends look like?   1 Answer