BevMo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BevMo (Palm Desert, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Tough to get an interview, interview number one was very connection based, not from the standard book of questions. Interview number two was more corporate structured and from the standard book of questions. The more connection based interview was aligned with my personality and this got me to the next step.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BevMo.

Interview

Asked pretty standard questions, took about half an hour. Asked questions such as why do you want to work here, do you have any experience in sales and with alcohol, what is your desired salary, describe when you had to deal with an irate customer, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in 10 minutes early, and the manager told me to wait around for awhile while he took care of something in the back. The interview lasted 5 minutes. He definitely was in a rush with me.

Interview Questions

• What do your weekends look like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was the initial application online which was fairly simple. Then there was a standard background check. Then once id cleared those there were the set of three interviews. The first with a random store manager, the second by the actual store manager of the store that i had applied to and the third with the district manager, who by the way was exceedingly personable.

Interview Questions

• They had me "sell" them a particular liquor of my choosing. They basically just want to make sure that you are comfortable selling the various products to people.   1 Answer

A Interview

Interview

Had an interview with a DM who seemed very interested and excited. Very positive interview feeling like I got the job. She even told me what store she was considering me for and told me to check out the store before my second interview. She was to call me to schedule a second interview with regional manager.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BevMo (Irvine, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and simple. I sent in my application with my resume and a cover letter, got a call in less than two hours and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I was shocked at how quickly I received a response, but it was a pleasant surprise.

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BevMo.

Interview

Never heard back and he flat out did not return my emails or phone calls. What is happening with professionalism in these companies? A simple phone call saying that they decided not to go with me would be appropriate.

Why would she tell me to go check out the store to get ready for the second interview and then very unprofessionally not even return a phone call to tell me that I was no longer being considered?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo in November 2015.

Interview

interview went well pretty easy it lasted for about 10 minutes asked why i wanted to work for bevmo, why would i be a good fit, also what are my long term goals

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BevMo (Mira Loma, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took a few days to set up an interview. Easy interview process. Asked me a couple of question. Then I was called in for a second interview a few days later. And then once I passed it I was called in for a third interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo in September 2015.

Interview

Super simple question and answer interview. Yes they drug screen. Questions are dumb and simple. Pretty much anyone can get hired here if you can use common sense. You need basic understanding of liquors and wines for this job.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if a person wanted a good gift for their boss but wasn't sure what they drank   1 Answer