BevMo! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BevMo! Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

1.8

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BevMo!.

Interview

Had an interview with a DM who seemed very interested and excited. Very positive interview feeling like I got the job. She even told me what store she was considering me for and told me to check out the store before my second interview. She was to call me to schedule a second interview with regional manager.

Never heard back and he flat out did not return my emails or phone calls. What is happening with professionalism in these companies? A simple phone call saying that they decided not to go with me would be appropriate.

Why would she tell me to go check out the store to get ready for the second interview and then very unprofessionally not even return a phone call to tell me that I was no longer being considered?

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (Concord, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with people from different departments represented. It truly was a great example of the type of collaboration the different teams have. It was good to see the different perspectives and how I would be working with the departments

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how I influenced someone?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First initial interview was with a store manager, next with DM and 3rd with another store manager. Had to reach out to someone, no one followed up until I reached out a week later. Good people just need better structure for interviewing, also no courtesy e-mail from corporate on final decision.

Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BevMo! (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First had an informal, pre-interview chat with the Assistant Manager while I waited for the Store Manager. The interview itself was pretty straightforward - Discussed personal interests, was asked about my prior experience and why I wanted the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview. They asked about me and my schedule (availability). Before hire, they also asked for me to commit to the holidays as I am a student and was unable to travel during the busy season. Other than that, I can take time off whenever I'd like.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview sometimes, single interview other times. Pretty cliche questions. Nothing you wouldn't expect, mostly asking about how you do in customer service environments. The people interviewing you are usually pretty awkward themselves

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BevMo! (Palm Desert, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Tough to get an interview, interview number one was very connection based, not from the standard book of questions. Interview number two was more corporate structured and from the standard book of questions. The more connection based interview was aligned with my personality and this got me to the next step.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BevMo! (Bremerton, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring proses was via e-mail. There were no 1:1 interviews with the company. The whole proses was all by internet. The company relied upon the e-mail and internet proses.

Interview Questions

• had I worked for the company before   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The questions were more straight forward. Asking me how I am as a person, what I like to do as a guy. Do I like the local sports teams, do I like going out, and importantly how is my personality. Being a small guy the store Manager didn't think I would move anything, to his surprise I am developing physically and he is starting to trust me in other roles after he hiring me. Also there was a drug test after he has gotten the approval of all his managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? Is it worth me hiring you? Do you have a fun personality? Can you talk people into wine?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BevMo! (Murrieta, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very awkward interview. The head cashier brought in five of us into a room and interviewed is all the same time. He would go from one person to the next person asking the same question over and over. The questions that he asked were not relevant to the position that we were applying for some of the information was personal and was awkward to share with the group.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specific question but there were several personal questions asked it's inappropriate   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was no negotiation they hired minimum-wage.