BevMo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BevMo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

1.9

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BevMo.

Interview

Had an interview with a DM who seemed very interested and excited. Very positive interview feeling like I got the job. She even told me what store she was considering me for and told me to check out the store before my second interview. She was to call me to schedule a second interview with regional manager.

Never heard back and he flat out did not return my emails or phone calls. What is happening with professionalism in these companies? A simple phone call saying that they decided not to go with me would be appropriate.

Why would she tell me to go check out the store to get ready for the second interview and then very unprofessionally not even return a phone call to tell me that I was no longer being considered?

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo (Concord, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with people from different departments represented. It truly was a great example of the type of collaboration the different teams have. It was good to see the different perspectives and how I would be working with the departments

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how I influenced someone?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BevMo (Palm Desert, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Tough to get an interview, interview number one was very connection based, not from the standard book of questions. Interview number two was more corporate structured and from the standard book of questions. The more connection based interview was aligned with my personality and this got me to the next step.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BevMo (Bremerton, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring proses was via e-mail. There were no 1:1 interviews with the company. The whole proses was all by internet. The company relied upon the e-mail and internet proses.

Interview Questions

• had I worked for the company before   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The questions were more straight forward. Asking me how I am as a person, what I like to do as a guy. Do I like the local sports teams, do I like going out, and importantly how is my personality. Being a small guy the store Manager didn't think I would move anything, to his surprise I am developing physically and he is starting to trust me in other roles after he hiring me. Also there was a drug test after he has gotten the approval of all his managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? Is it worth me hiring you? Do you have a fun personality? Can you talk people into wine?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BevMo (Murrieta, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very awkward interview. The head cashier brought in five of us into a room and interviewed is all the same time. He would go from one person to the next person asking the same question over and over. The questions that he asked were not relevant to the position that we were applying for some of the information was personal and was awkward to share with the group.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specific question but there were several personal questions asked it's inappropriate   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was no negotiation they hired minimum-wage.

Head Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo (Northridge, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly relaxed and easy. I was asked for my favorite drink, how I would deal with associates or customers, how I would upsell, why I would be good for the position. All the standard questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite drink?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the position and given the details and had an opportunity to negotiate, however, options were good and took the position without further negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo (El Centro, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Only one interview, they ask specific questions about the products we sell. We talked a little about my background. We discussed how my experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry would translate into this job. He asked what my sales experience was, and what my long term goals were.

Interview Questions

• What makes a pinot grigio different?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a set starting rate and a review after 6 months.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BevMo (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo (Mira Mesa, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

They asked standard questions. Very straight forward.They ask about past experiences and how you settled them.