BevMo! Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BevMo! Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (West Covina, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the store just a few days later. The day of, I interviewed with an employee and then with an assistant manager. The entire interview process couldn't have been more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BevMo!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BevMo!.

Interview

Asked pretty standard questions, took about half an hour. Asked questions such as why do you want to work here, do you have any experience in sales and with alcohol, what is your desired salary, describe when you had to deal with an irate customer, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in 10 minutes early, and the manager told me to wait around for awhile while he took care of something in the back. The interview lasted 5 minutes. He definitely was in a rush with me.

Interview Questions

• What do your weekends look like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was the initial application online which was fairly simple. Then there was a standard background check. Then once id cleared those there were the set of three interviews. The first with a random store manager, the second by the actual store manager of the store that i had applied to and the third with the district manager, who by the way was exceedingly personable.

Interview Questions

• They had me "sell" them a particular liquor of my choosing. They basically just want to make sure that you are comfortable selling the various products to people.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BevMo! (Irvine, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and simple. I sent in my application with my resume and a cover letter, got a call in less than two hours and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I was shocked at how quickly I received a response, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BevMo! (Danville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Showed up to the store on scheduled day and we sat in the break room for the duration of the interview. They went over the basic qualifications of what is expected and pretty much gauged whether you're a normally functioning individual.

Interview Questions

• What year would you have to have been born in to be turning 21 today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! (El Centro, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, boring and not very comprehensive. Covered basics but felt rushed. Seems like people come and go often which makes one wonder about the quality of those hired or those managing them. Interview did little to make on feel confident that they plan on you being there very long. No time spent on store understanding or care. Wondering if they plan on being around for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work there   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Short and awkward. I was not asked if I wanted cashier experience and had mentioned I wanted to be trained on the product and how to work the sales floor.
    He had another engagement and cut our interview short once he heard I had knowledge on several product variations. I was hired and started the following week.
    He was gone shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• What makes us different from our competitor? (Across the street)   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! in January 2015.

Interview

I applied and the process took about 2 weeks.
    Received a call and was asked to schedule an interview whenever it was convenient for me. When I came in to the store. The manager just had finished another interview prior to me. He introduced himself and told me to hang back. The interview process was quite simple. He seemed very pleased with my prior experience in retail. He asked me 2-3 simple questions regarding customer service/ Retail scenarios. He asked me if I could meet the requirements of the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when had to present yourself to someone of great importance at work. Who was it and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BevMo! (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Not difficult. Very straightforward. Walked into the store before it opened and took a one on one interview. As long as you answer the questions reasonably you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position? Can you start working immediately?   Answer Question