Bharat Heavy Electricals Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bharat Heavy Electricals Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview

Very Easy. Was hired in campus placement. It was like they had already selected me and just wanted to talk to me and asked me some questions about my background.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bharat Heavy Electricals

Application

Interview

5 people took interview for 15 mins. they ask power plant information. Soem graphs, coal specific heat value. Draw curves, additional knowledge, nothing more than that. just form omne subject

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview panel was chaired by three and very decent behaviour from all of the three members. Thats why I enjoyed the process like anything.Interview panel was chaired by three and very decent behaviour from all of the three members. Thats why I enjoyed the process like anything.Interview panel was chaired by three and very decent behaviour from all of the three members. Thats why I enjoyed the process like anything.

Interview Questions

• 1. Which Solar panel is non crystalline in nature   1 Answer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

certificate verification followed by interview 5 members panel
    the process took one day one is HR and remaining are from core background very friendly they will questions based on what you write in bio data form

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Through Advertisement in the newspaper and through GATE. Based on GATE score , the candidates are called for the interview. After the final selection, the offers are issued to the successful candidates.

Interview Questions

• How you will work in a team? Will you seek a transfer to a place near your home place?   Answer Question

I have been involved in important and challenging assignments since joining this organisation so a though of leaving never came in mind.

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

There was an All India Written examination for the 2008-2009 recruitment drive. The written exam was engineering discipline centric and was based on the academic background of the students. I applied for Mechanical engineering position and questions covered basic Mechanical engineering concepts from 4 years of bachelor studies and some logical reasoning questions.
    As per latest guidelines, the process has been changed and now GATE examination results form basis of selection for Interview phase.

The interview was chaired by 3 BHEL senior employees. One was responsible for Psychological assessment and other two panel members were for Technical assessment. Questions were not too special. Just testing general engineering and personal skills.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. Be prepared with the basic questions pertaining to one's engineering background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations. Fixed salary structure

Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in September 2013.

Interview

BHEL Hires through GATE examination. At staring BHEL gives a notification for more number of vacancies but for last two years they are reducing the posts and making them about half of what they have notified earlier
    At my time GATE-2013 cutoff for interview call was around AIR 250 for GEN and 650 for OBC category in Mechanical stream. So if one is having 200 around rank then he is on safe side. Usually BHEL sends interview calls very late and till that time almost all PSUs might have completed their recruitment processes. My interview was on 10 Sept. at Delhi.
    My interview panel was of 6 people. One of them was observer only, who just analyse the candidate's attitude, confidence. Most of the part of interview was confined to technical questions to test technical skills. They asked about BHEL manufacturing areas. They asked me my area of interest . I gave them option to ask me from power plant , IC Engine and Production. So mostly they asked from these fields only. One should prepare Power Plant and Production thoroughly to have a good chance of getting selected.
    Some of the questions they asked are
    1. In a diesel operated vehicle if we put petrol then what will happen? and asked vice-versa
    2. BHEL Products
    3. BHEL Turnover
    4. Power plant cycles
    5. Camshaft and gear manufacturing
    etc. etc.
    My interview lasted around 50-55 minutes but usually BHEL interview goes around 25 minutes . Interview panel was good and will not unnecessarily stress much on you much so just stay calm.
    Have a good command on your technical subject
    They announced the result on 15th october 2013 . Around 82 were finally selected in Mechanical Stream.
    All The Best...

Interview Questions

• They asked me If you are posted in production shop and all workers are not co-operative. They don't want to work. As all are govt. workers , so they know that even if they don't do anything they will get their salary. In that case how will you get work from them??   Answer Question

Negotiation

BHEL is a very good company. This is in top most company at which one should work. Great job satisfaction.

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (Bhubaneswar (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

They shortlisted based on the profile which had all the academic details and achievements. Had lots of technical questions. HR questions were simple. Its important to be specific on the technical questions. If you beat around the bush, they shall drill down on that concept and ask even more difficult ones.

Interview Questions

• How will you differentiate between BJT and MOSFET?   1 Answer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (Chennai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Written test followed by an interview including a panel of 5 people from the Top management. Most of the filtration is done at the written test level. Written test consists of both MAth and Technical. Technical is a little tough compared to the Math.

Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview

now bhel is recruiting through gate score card,they will call according to rank in gate exam and interview will be conducted. selected candidate will be given appointment letter in approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• they asked me about latest software being launched by auto desk where we can perform not only designing but simulation and analysis too.
      answer: inventer