Bharat Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bharat Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

Interview

The interview process was very behavioral. The interviewer asked standard questions such as
    Tell me about yourself
    Why BPCL
    How I can contribute
    Then they started asking some technical questions. But if you are applying for management trainee position I believe there will not be much technical questions
    The interviewer also asked about the trend in the market, macro factors and trend in oil prices.
    The interviewer asked about the recent investments by BORL, BPCL's upstream division.

Internship Interview

Interview

I had an internal connection that was able to get me through the HR. There was no formal interview. Just asked me why I wanted to work there, what I hoped to accomplish, and behavioral questions.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Noida (India)).

Interview

The Interview Process comprised of 2 rounds- Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Group Discussion was on a very general topic - smartphones in my case. It was too crowded though with 15 people per group. Got knocked out there itself.

Interview Questions

• Knocked out in the GD Process. A friend was asked how he would improve B2B Sales in Tamil Nadu   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silchar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Silchar (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited(BPCL) conducted pool placement drive for 4 NITs at NIT Silchar. (NIT Agartala, NIT Silchar, NIT Mizoram, NIT Manipur)
    Profile: Management Trainee.
    The whole process consisted 5 rounds.
    Round 1: Resume shortlisting. (Mostly based on CGPA)
    Round 2: This round consisted a written test having both objective and subjective questions. There were 25 MCQs and 10 subjective questions based on Computer Networks, Operating System, Database Management System, Network Security and Web-Services.
    Round 3: Case Study Based Group Discussion. (All groups with different cases)
    Case: You are newly recruited in a company and you are working on a project with a group of 4 students including you. Your project was successful, and everyone appreciated your group. At the beginning of few projects everyone in your group contributed equally but after few days you found that two of your group members lost interest in projects and didn't contribute for it. But on the other hand, your projects are achieving success. One of those who aren't contributing to the project is a son of managing director of the same company in which you are working. The other one is just a normal middle-class guy. How will you try to solve this situation?
    Round 4: Technical Interview.
    This was a six-panel interview consisting technical questions based on Computer Networks, Operating System, Database Management System, Network Security and Web-Services. Some of the questions were as follows:
    1. What is Indexing? Types of Indexing.
    2. What is Blockchain? What is Bitcoin.?
    3. What is Superuser?
    4. Questions based on Deadlock and Paging.
    5. Questions based on Cloud Computing and Network Security.
    There were some management and HR questions too.
    1. What is Capital Expenditure?
    2. Why BPCL?
    3. What do you know about BPCL?
    4. Tell us about yourself.
    Questions related to Projects/Internships:
    1. Explain your best project till date.
    2. Why Cross-platform application development? Advantages and Disadvantages.
    3. How you will implement Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in BPCL?
    4. Why Open source tools?
    Round 5: HR Interview.
    This was a two-panel interview consisting technical questions based on Computer Networks, Operating System, Database Management System, Network Security and Web-Services and HR questions. Some of the questions were as follows:
    1. Tell us about yourself.
    2. What is your greatest achievement?
    3. What will you do if we only make you code and develop applications for next 20 years at BPCL.
    4. Where you see yourself in 5 years?
    5. Questions regarding threats while storing data on cloud and local network and their prevention.
    6. How to make transaction more secure than the current scenario?

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Noida (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

campus placed, GD for about 10min. then Personal Interview. Basically they shortlisted from the GD on basis of CGPA or %. Also selection process is mostly focus on the top student

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Warangal (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially, it was CGPA shortlisted and then the selected candidates were allowed for further processing.
    1st round: Group discussion ( mostly case study will be given and everyone was given a chance to talk it is better to wait and prepare carefully your points.)
    2nd round: Technical interview
    3rd round: HR interview.
    The final selection is mostly CG based.

Interview Questions

• They have asked mostly about topics related to fluid mechanics and hydraulic machines.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in September 2017.

Interview

it was BPCL visiting our college for campus recruitment, students were shortlisted based n merit from all categories having different cutoffs.then case study (2 groups for each category) and hen selected students went through technical (same day)and HR interview(next day).

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Warangal (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Round 1 : Resume Shortlist

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

Interview

3 elimination rounds,
    1st GD- Case study
    2nd Technical interview
    3rd HR interview

More focus is on HR part rather than technical
    you should be able to prove that you are ok with travelling and getting a non core job profile

Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview process was smooth.

Starts with a Group Discussion (GD) with 10-11 students, size depending on the Interviewers. Topic can be anything general ranging from Current Affairs, mostly trending ones.

Candidates who are shortlisted from the GD are called for Personal Interview(PI).
    PI shall include checking your communication skills, presence of mind coupled with few technical and aptitude questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are hired, which part of the country would you prefer to work?   1 Answer