Bharat Petroleum Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

3.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview process was smooth.

Starts with a Group Discussion (GD) with 10-11 students, size depending on the Interviewers. Topic can be anything general ranging from Current Affairs, mostly trending ones.

Candidates who are shortlisted from the GD are called for Personal Interview(PI).
    PI shall include checking your communication skills, presence of mind coupled with few technical and aptitude questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are hired, which part of the country would you prefer to work?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

the shortlisting is thru GATE.
    once inside they ask technical questions relevant to them, they were simple from academic point of view, but relevant to the company's operations.
    the call for a group discussion first and asked us to retire for the day, next day we were asked to come back for interview.
    the interview was in effect difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

First gd (a case study)...then PI(TECHNICALhe syllabus of written exam did not follow any competitive exam exactly. But mostly they asked pattern of Gate questions. Difficulties level of questions were between gate and ies. But according to my opinion, practicing of gate questions are sufficient. Exam covered almost all core subjects of electronics because exam was distributed into 3 to 4 sets. Some 4 to 5 questions from VHDL, c programming, computer and microprocessor were also asked. But don’t waste your valuable time to focus on this topics. There are highly random. It might be no questions from these topics in your exam set. So focus on core electronics engineering subjects eg. Control system, signal system, electronics devices, analog, electromagnetics theory, digital, communication system etc. These subjects were equally distributed in each sets of exams mostly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Written test, Online technical test, Interview Procedure.
    There is no intimation about technical test and given for the candidates who are shortlisted through mail, and later they didnt mentioned the details of online technical test and no marks also listed, direct test and shortlisted the names.

It is like already they allotted the seats through management and conducting this recruitment process just for namesake.

MT-Management Trainee(Mechanical) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

It took 2 days for the complete process.
    First day after the introduction, we had the GD of which about 60% of total students were selected.
    It was followed with the technical interview. The selected students attended HR interview on the next day.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions from mechanical background(my background) ,
      Covering thermodynamics, fluid machinery, course project   Answer Question

Got a better offer from another company.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

This procedure is generally followed for pool campus hiring.Group discussion followed by Technical Interview and then HR Interview followed by Medical Examination. All rounds were elimination round.
    But it is not compulsory that company will follow this procedure only, they can customize the procedure depending on several factors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through college so they shortlisted througj CV and called us at Plant in Mumbai.
    We went for 3 rounds.
    GD+ Tech Interview+ HR Interview.
    Each round was elimination round.
    They conducted the two rounds in day 1
    nd the last round on second day.
    The panel of interview was having 8-10 members
    The question are being asked by 3 and 4 people only and ll others are monitoring the candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

i applied through gate.....the first round was group discussion followed by 2 levels of interviews. Gate score is only for shortlisting the candidates for Gd.the final selection is when u qualify in the final interview and the medical rounds.....even they eliminate top gate rankers if Ur performance in gd is Bad

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

GD followed by PI. It was a campus placement. The topic for GD was 'Can Mumbai become Shanghai CIty?' There were three people on GD panel. The outcome was - I was selected.

Interview Questions

• How would your engineering knowledge apply in Marketing?
      Why BPCL?
      WHat do you know about BPCL?
      Are you comfortable being posted any where in India?   1 Answer

Management Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - including initial communications, planning, and number of interviews. Bonus points for your perception of the people, office, and work culture.

Negotiation