Bharat Petroleum Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Bharat Petroleum Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Dec 2, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Written test, Online technical test, Interview Procedure.
    There is no intimation about technical test and given for the candidates who are shortlisted through mail, and later they didnt mentioned the details of online technical test and no marks also listed, direct test and shortlisted the names.

It is like already they allotted the seats through management and conducting this recruitment process just for namesake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

i applied through gate.....the first round was group discussion followed by 2 levels of interviews. Gate score is only for shortlisting the candidates for Gd.the final selection is when u qualify in the final interview and the medical rounds.....even they eliminate top gate rankers if Ur performance in gd is Bad

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

This procedure is generally followed for pool campus hiring.Group discussion followed by Technical Interview and then HR Interview followed by Medical Examination. All rounds were elimination round.
    But it is not compulsory that company will follow this procedure only, they can customize the procedure depending on several factors.

Management Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - including initial communications, planning, and number of interviews. Bonus points for your perception of the people, office, and work culture.

Negotiation

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

- I had applied through campus interview in August 2012
    - Company gave pre-placement talk
    - Initially there was GD and shortlist on the basis of GD. Even if you perform poor, if you have good CPI, you will clear GD. GD topic was based on 'current education system in India'.
    - Personal Interview (HR + Technical)

Interview Questions

• - HR: Tell me about your self, Why BPCL?
      - Technical: Describe process to design shell and tube Heat Exchanger
      - Do you want to ask something? I asked few things, they said - 'you are too ambitious' so i did not get offer.
      I suggest - only stick to what they ask, its PSU, don't show your enthusiasm.
      Answer Question

Management Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

Stage 1: Pre Placement Talk
    stage 2: group discussion of 12 students
    stage 3: personal interview tech + HR

Interview Questions

• describe tcp/IP protocol stack and flow of packet from my college room to bpcl server   Answer Question
    • how your ans 1 (above) changes if NAT(network address translator) is is implemented on the proxy server   Answer Question

Application

Interview

There were three interviewers and they started by asking about my family background. Then they moved on to why I wanted to work there company. After that they described what they expected of the new recruits and asked me whether I am comfortable with it. Then they moved to the technical aspect and asked me in detail about the working and maintenance of a compressor.

Interview Questions

• What are different maintenance aspects for a compressor that an engineer must keep in mind when he is charged with the safekeeping of one?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel of experts ask questions varying from business to personal achievements. You personal vision and career choice. Professional qualifications and academic goals and achievements. What would i do to make a difference from others, give certain situations

Interview Questions

• Marketing and technology aspects
      Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a GD round before the interview and candidates who were shortlisted from the first round were called for interview.

Interview Questions

• What will happen when a induction motor is turned off (in transient state)   Answer Question
    • Questions about relays and starters.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

It was campus selection process. There was a group discussion. The candidates who cleared the GD round had to undergo an interview. There were four people in the panel, including one of the Directors. Most of the questions were personal - about family, interests, personality, etc. A few easy questions on HR areas. There was a lot of focus on industrial relations. BPCL looks for commitment loving conformists.

Interview Questions

• None, I thought it was a cakewalk. Of course, I had to lie and pretend being someone I was not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.