Big 5 Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Big 5 Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big 5 (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was a more 'get to know you' approach. The questions were mostly about myself and what I did prior to working there. I was hired on the spot and not asked any hard thought out questions. The interview seemed like just a screening to make sure I was a decent person who was able to work with people and hold a professional manner. There was not much to the interview but questions for the hiring manager to get to know me and my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for this company? What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Manager was open to working with my schedule as a student.

Other Interview Reviews for Big 5

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big 5 in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about two weeks later to come in for an interview. Very friendly manager. Asked about my work experience, sports experience and if I'd be able to handle the job. Knew I didn't get the job when he mentioned they were still interviewing other candidates. Nice guy, though.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work in an environment that requires a lot of multi-tasking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big 5 (East Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They only asked a few basic questions. It was pretty simple, but you still need to prepare for it ahead of time. Review questions from the internet and dress nicely for the interview. They will also not hire you if you have a weird haircut or hair color.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big 5 (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The manager called and gave me a phone interview, then told me to come to an in person interview the next day. The interview was easy and the manager made me feel comfortable by giving me information about himself and how he started as a part timer. After a couple questions, I got hired on the spot!

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Big 5 (Woodland, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

You are asked about job experience, what sports you like or if you are involved in any, and asked to take a simple math test (adding, subtracting, multiplying, division).

Dress nicely, act confidently, speak with purpose and smile.

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big 5 (Chino, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Big 5 allows for walk-in inquiries for employment. Typically they have signs in front that boldly says "Now Hiring." I came in the evening when the general manager at the time was there and he was very friendly and asked about my background. Within the week I was interviewed by another manager and head cashier. They asked questions in regard to my background and experience with sales. I received a phone call by the end of the week offering employment. The interview was a bit intimidating but overall satisfactory of the company's mission and expectations. There's a lot of paperwork to fill out but typical for a franchise business.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of what I would sell along side certain sports merchandise. For example, an entire list of what I would sell to someone buying baseball gloves.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't get the opportunity to negotiate but it was a part-time gig and minimum wage is the norm.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5 in May 2008.

Interview

Nothing really, took a math test got hired on the spot and had to wait to have a background check done in order to sell guns. I went in just looking to turn in my application form and didnt dress for an interview (had actually just been at the gym). A manager met with me right there and had me take the test and asked me when I could start. Helped that I was female because all other employees were male and they needed help in the clothing department.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big 5 in March 2008.

Interview

I turned in an application and called them every few days for a couple of weeks until I got called back for an interview which consisted of a math test and no real questions besides when could i start and i was hired!

Negotiation

No, they informed me of how much i would be making and assured me that every 6 months i would be up for a raise which after 2 and a half years has of yet to happen.