Big 5 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Big 5 Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

1.8

Ware House Assc Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 in May 2017.

Interview

A Basic Math "Speed & Accuracy Test" given; cannot skip or leave answers blank, counts against you. Then a very vague like employee-to-future employee sit down interview, primarily consisting of ..."Tell me about yourself..."
    Said it will be within two weeks for Final Job Offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around work availability.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big 5.

Interview

I applied online, heard back within 3 days and was called to interview in the store. The interview asked simple questions about my resume and myself. Took a quick math test(addition,subtraction). Offered job after interview.

Helpdesk Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5 (Riverside, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a brief interview with someone from Human Resources, which was fairly basic with simple questions. After that there were two members from the technical team who asked about my related experience/skills. All interviewers were reasonable and easy to talk to, and the technical questions were mostly simple and very fair.

Anonymous Employee in Rowland Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 (Rowland Heights, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was not very intimidating. I talk way too much anyway and with confidence. Good speech skills are very valuable. Hiring was pretty much on the spot

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big 5 (Reno, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied with big 5 in august before applying I went in and introduced myself to the store manager. I applied that night and received a phone call two days later. Interviewed and was offered a position.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5 (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process was very low key. Met with a supervisor in the back office. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. It was probably the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer wanting to return an item?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big 5 (Bellevue, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview was not really difficult. There are some many situation questions that you need to carefully answer. Moreover, the company is very forward to customer-oriented so they require a lot of customer service skills. Good luck guys.

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5.

Interview

Fit questions. Questions about your work experience and why you would be a good person to work with, internship was useful but a lot of data input and tedious work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Big 5.

Interview

Very desperate to hire someone, very short and informal interview. She asked me why I wanted to work there and then interrupted me when an individual she did not like entered the store. She proceeded to talk about this customer then told me I was hired if I wanted the job.

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big 5 (Vista, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Receive a phone call and go to interview at time and place specified. Show up in business causal clothing and greet the cashier at the front (common courtesy. Interviewing manager will introduce himself and ask you a serious of questions from your resumé. Then the manager will ask you other questions related to the job. The whole interview process doesn't take long (15-20 min).